Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
If I could write a book called "Sins of America" this would be the preface.
Maybe you should start by writing a book called "Sins of Great Britain", but then you'd never be able to fit everything into just one book.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Well. This is going well.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
You only have yourselves to blame for that one.

If I could write a book called "Sins of America" this would be the preface. Try to understand...I am not "anti-american" but I AM Anti the Federal Union...because as far as im concerned, that is NOT what America is supposed to be. Hopefully, some of you will aggree with me on that one. George Washington was under the Crown for a long time, and his thoughts on the ideal of America, and the American Constitution pretty much went out of the window with Abraham Lincoln...as the Union gets larger, its corruption filters down into some major private companies, because of a mutual capitalistic benefit, which is now completely without the basis in the CHRISTIAN work ethic. Combined, they have led America, during its days as a Super-power Circa 1945-2020 estimated end to have made so most grave errors. I want to distinguish here between Americans as the Populas of people...and America as a Big Government that has forced these sins upon its own people by virtue of ignoring the good, for the gains of corruption. However, it also appears to me that many americans outside of the political system have grown up in a Lincolnian world, and need to be educated about how the Government they believe is essentially Holy...is most definately not, and thus I would write it to the American people and not to the Federal Government, in the hope that exposing what the Government, and by default, the people who believe in that Government have become, they may see it for what it is, and be motivated to change their views. I also place the mantle of International Law above Constitutional law, since it was primarily created by the Americans as a law to govern inter-state discourse outside of the Union. Analysis of how some of Americas issues have been caused by following the Constitution AGAINST international law are tricky subjects, and I have not gone into detail...but where these two do collide I usually provide some method of absolution via detailed discussion (but that wouldnt be in a preface now would it )

Preface, a word to the American Populas who holds as sacred the Federal Government of the United States of the American Republics, since the conclusion of the American Civil War, and focussing on the years in which Continental America has been classified as a Super-Power

America is the powerhouse that she is because she claimed neutrality until directly threatened during the second world war. In which, she aided her allied forces who lost a hell of a lot more then she did...and then had the nerve to ask them to financially recompense her with interest!

Try to understand that all the other major world powers, except, maybe you could argue the Russians (but lets be honnest...it was only the elite few in Russia) had ANYTHING left.

Because your country REFUSED to fight for Freedom and Tollerance, because your country REFUSED to do the correct thing, Because your country REFUSED to help its friends, the rest of the world suffered.

England basically lost its entire Empire due to the inaction of America...and before you blame your President...consider...it wasnt the President who was against Action...it was your Congress...the SAME institution that will politically point score against itself at the expense of many of its workers, as prooved when it shuts down, like it did last Fall.

The difference between America and the rest of the intollerant world is that generally, we do not pretend to be something that we are not. Our systems are flawed and we know it...but the United States believes in itself far, far too much

Do you realize that had the Americans actually joined in the War when Hitler began marching across Europe, potentially the War could have been over before the main damage to England and France was done...Imagine...would you ever forgive us if we chose to stay silent whilst Chicago or New York were completely, and I dont just mean a single building, like the World Trade Centre...I mean the whole, whole of Manhatten, and the surrounding suberbs were smushed beyond recognition in a SIXTY DAY continuous air bombardment...would the Americans ever forgive us?? What about the Jews...? Have you considered the fact that had the United States joined the campaign earlier millions might have been saved from the concentration camps...because if the end of the war shows anything...it is that once the Americans finally decided to bother helping the rest of the world, it was over quickly and decisively...imagine a world where some of these concentration camps hadnt even finished being built by the time the lands were under American/British/Russian rule.

Who is responsible for the European Union being headed by Germany...? Ask yourself how the two time loooser of the two biggest wars last century is leading Europe by the 1980s....you might not be suprised to discover...its due to the Americans once again...the reason Germany is so rich is because it was rebuilt and reinvested in the most by the Americans after the war...Angela Merkel runs a larger Germanic Utopia in practise then Hitler dreamed in principle...and we havent marked the Centenary of Adolfs attempt yet.

Finally...consider the news of the last decade...the early point, dominated by a War which was unsanctioned, arguably did as much harm as good, and distroyed the foundation of the institution that America set up to stop any country acting like the Nazi Regieme...that is to say, invasion because they want to invade. America did that aswell...or we could perhaps consider what occured in the later part of the decade...where because America doesnt keep an eye on her own corrupt capitalistic citizens...you had an American Bank practically distroy the banking system of the entire western world in less then a week...and still half the americans, were saying to hell with the rest of the world, stop a Government bail out.

You wonder why you've been a super-power for less then a century and you're about to be eclipsed by the Orient...in a few years time you wont be airing your laundry so much because you wont be in the position you are now in. Your own President cant even manage to stick to the constitution...and still he gets ellected for a second term in office...why? coz he can speak...that is all he can do...that is how far you have fallen from the 1770s

There is only one country who has used weapons of mass destruction against another country, and in so doing, destroyed two entire cities full of civilians (so we're told at a lesser cost then the value of life for any other way of beating Japan...but I'm not sure the resident of Hiroshima would take any comfort in that)

So before you get all self righteous and chant the usual blah about America being sooo much better then everyone else...consider swallowing the pomposity of all your patriotic pride, and admitting that as far as the last 70 years goes...Americas record is as tarnished as almost anywhere else on the planet (except maybe Cambodia) and consider that the reason you are in full view of the world, is because your country sat on her hands until she was the only one left...the way you became a super-power is the best testimony for how your country has abandoned its constitution, and ceased to anything like the Washingtonian Vision of the 1770s...its a good job he's not here now...he would probably be heart broken...and if you do have to blame one man, personally...blame President Lincoln...coz thats where your country effectively abandoned the constitution by prioritizing the Union ahead of it....Washington put Ethos ahead of Government...Lincoln put Government ahead of Ethos, what he did is missed by most Americans...its why they effectively class him as a Martyre, that, and no doubt the teachings of the Government who are eternally grateful to the man for effectively giving them free reign over you all.
Well, if we are going to point fingers about Hitler and the horrors he committed, why don't we start with British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, who signed the Munich Agreement in 1938.

Quote:
Chamberlain is best known for his appeasement foreign policy, and in particular for his signing of the Munich Agreement in 1938, conceding the German-populated Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia to Germany. However when Adolf Hitler continued his aggression by invading Poland, Britain declared war on Germany on 3 September 1939, and Chamberlain led Britain through the first eight months of World War II.

When Stanley Baldwin retired in May 1937, Chamberlain took his place as Prime Minister. His premiership was dominated by the question of policy toward the increasingly aggressive Germany, and his actions at Munich were widely popular among Britons at the time. When Hitler continued his aggression, Chamberlain pledged Britain to defend Poland's independence if the latter were attacked, an alliance that brought Britain into war when Germany attacked Poland in 1939.
As for our "pomposity and pride", where do you think we got that from...our British roots! Don't blame us, we can't help where we came from!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:46 PM

jeez dave, where did that come from?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
jeez dave, where did that come from?
Normally the one that talks the loudest has the fewest people listening. That's Dave in a nutshell.

I guess I just don't understand why a Brit cares so much about America or worse yet who anybody on this forum would give a rats ass what a Brit thinks about our country. It's easier for Dave to trash America than it is to learn Arabic because the way HIS country is headed that will be his only option in the not too distant future.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
1)Well, if we are going to point fingers about Hitler and the horrors he committed, why don't we start with British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, who signed the Munich Agreement in 1938.

2)As for our "pomposity and pride", where do you think we got that from...our British roots! Don't blame us, we can't help where we came from!
2) The reason why I most love America is because thats exactly the case, both historically, and in reality. What you have with America, and some of it still survives beyond the civil war, and despite the Federal Government...is a snap shot of British Culture circa 1760s-1780s...in actual fact, If the British looked closer at America, they would find that American Culture isnt Foreign...the fact it feels foreign is not a testament to their radical nature...but a glimpse on how far England has fallen.

I love America, because she is everything we once were and arent any more. I look at her and I see what the culture in England might have been, in an age where we rulled the world, and in an age where we had no fear neither, in an age where we had an identity, in an age where we also had things, ethos, statutes, people, we held sacred and with reverence. In days when things mattered, and people could be persuaded to actually be passionate about ANYTHING.

I dislike the Federal Government because it is slowly distroying the vision of America, and erroding that snap shot. The Big Government, is sliding towards Centrism, its like watching America age...and I know her destination because I live in it every single day

1) Ah yes... "peace in our time" what an utter load of bollox that was....England probably waited far to long before going to war in the first place...They certainly didnt move fast enough against the home grown movement...Even high society was full of Nationalistic groups which undermined the Churchill Cabinate for at least half the war....But I dont mind admitting that...Heavens...about half the problems in the world, are historically the result of the British Empire
Old 04-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Maybe you should start by writing a book called "Sins of Great Britain", but then you'd never be able to fit everything into just one book.
Well Great Britain hasnt really done that much it inherited seeds that were planted WELL before the Union was founded...the same one the Scots are probably going to distroy this year

I would go back a lot further....I would begin with the Reign of King John...I would ask the question...What can we learn from the fact that in the 1700s the American Collonies submitted a statement which was nearly identical to a Statement submitted to the Monarchy in the 1200s....and ask why five hundred years later, the SAME problems are still persisting enough to cause a revolt.

I would want to write about what they did in their explorations of North America, I would want to write about their African Slave Trade, I would want to write about their Plantations and why many conflicts now are in areas where those plantations were unsuccessful. I would want to ask why the Parliamentarians think that they can change their side of the Act of Settlement...but the Royalists may not be allowed to change their side...I would want to ask why the British ever permitted The Glorious Revolution...infact I would want to know why they appealed to William of Orange in the first place.

Then I would want to do a very similar thing to what Cromwell did after his attempt at starting a Republic backfired...because, just like with the Magna Carta, and the Dec of Independance...the list that Cromwell gives for abolishing the Parliament is almost the same as the list that I, and most people I know, believe the British Government is guilty of right now.

I could write ten times more regarding England...particularly what it has now become
Old 04-25-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
2) The reason why I most love America is because thats exactly the case, both historically, and in reality. What you have with America, and some of it still survives beyond the civil war, and despite the Federal Government...is a snap shot of British Culture circa 1760s-1780s...in actual fact, If the British looked closer at America, they would find that American Culture isnt Foreign...the fact it feels foreign is not a testament to their radical nature...but a glimpse on how far England has fallen.

I love America, because she is everything we once were and arent any more. I look at her and I see what the culture in England might have been, in an age where we rulled the world, and in an age where we had no fear neither, in an age where we had an identity, in an age where we also had things, ethos, statutes, people, we held sacred and with reverence. In days when things mattered, and people could be persuaded to actually be passionate about ANYTHING.

I dislike the Federal Government because it is slowly distroying the vision of America, and erroding that snap shot. The Big Government, is sliding towards Centrism, its like watching America age...and I know her destination because I live in it every single day

1) Ah yes... "peace in our time" what an utter load of bollox that was....England probably waited far to long before going to war in the first place...They certainly didnt move fast enough against the home grown movement...Even high society was full of Nationalistic groups which undermined the Churchill Cabinate for at least half the war....But I dont mind admitting that...Heavens...about half the problems in the world, are historically the result of the British Empire
I know you do, Dave.

It still is a load of bollox! But, history seems to be repeating itself with our current President and his policy of appeasement. If Putin were at our door step, Obama would be threatening him with sanctions. Our super power status has definitely been diminished in the eyes of the world, but then, that seems to be the goal.

Last edited by Bonnie; 04-25-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I know you do, Dave.

It still is a load of bollox! But, history seems to be repeating itself with our current President and his policy of appeasement. If Putin were at our door step, Obama would be threatening him with sanctions. Our super power status has definitely been diminished in the eyes of the world, but then, that seems to be the goal.
I dont know how Vlad gets away with it, time and again...I really dont!

I always use the below as a rough guide to super-powers.

Ancient and Founding Empires

Indus (the site of predeluge civilization)
Mesopotamia
Egypt
Minoa (Santorini and Biblical Exodus chronology)
Mycenae
Akkaddia
Babylonia (destruction of First JewishTemple)
Persia
Macedonia (Alexander The Great)
Assyria
Armenia

Classical and Second Generation Empires

Dynastic China
The Union of Greek City States
Cathage
Holy Roman Empire (Destruction of Second Jewish Temple)
Maya

Medieval and Third Generation Empires

Byzantia (Establishement of Constantinople)
Papal States (Christondom)
Abysinia
Micronesia
Viking/Dane/Norman (Unification of Monarchy in England)
Caliphate/Sultinate/Ayyubid (Crusades and Islamic Rise)

Modern Globals and Fourth Generation Empires

Aztec
Inca
Monghol
Ottoman (The Turks and Fall of Constantinople)
Spain (Destruction of Meso-America)
Portugal
Dutch
Britannica
Russia
Old Europe

Post-Modern and Fifth Generation Empires

The Germanic Weimar and Reich
Austria-Hungary
The United Nations
Soviet Communism
Coorperate Capitalistic Consumerism (Growth of the Multi-National companies)
The Republic and Federal Union of the United States of America (re-establishment of Israel)

Future additions to the list could be

The European Union
The Peoples Republic of China
Old 04-27-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
I dont know how Vlad gets away with it, time and again...I really dont!
I did not realize how many countries rely on Russia for oil and gas, that's one reason he's getting away with the crap he's pulling. The other, is, in my opinion, Obama's retreat from the rest of the world. Plus, no one seems to have any vested interest in Ukraine so they're not motivated to jump to their aide to help them keep Putin from taking whatever he wants. Isn't this exactly what Hitler did in his quest to take over the world and make Germany all powerful.

Quote:
I always use the below as a rough guide to super-powers.

Post-Modern and Fifth Generation Empires

The Germanic Weimar and Reich
Austria-Hungary
The United Nations
Soviet Communism
Coorperate Capitalistic Consumerism (Growth of the Multi-National companies)
The Republic and Federal Union of the United States of America (re-establishment of Israel)
The United Nations? Please explain that one! I don't know why they even exist, they are useless and pathetic!

For example, their latest inexplicable decision:

Quote:
Iran gains prominence at UN despite human rights record

By Jonathan Wachtel Published April 24, 2014

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04...minence-at-un/

Despite their human rights records, the United Nations has elected the Islamic Republic of Iran, Cuba, Sudan and several other repressive regimes to influential committees charged with promoting human rights.

Human rights activists see this as a major setback in their campaign to end abuse and to create open and healthy societies.

The Economic and Social Council, a U.N. body based in New York, elected Iran to a four-year term on its Commission on the Status of Women, the world’s top intergovernmental organization dedicated to promoting women’s rights. Tehran also won a seat on the 19-nation Committee on NGOs (non-government organizations), a position that enables Tehran to champion and silence human rights organizations, depending on their views.

Last edited by Bonnie; 04-27-2014 at 01:04 AM.