Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-27-2014, 10:04 AM

Default Nate Diaz asks Dana white to release him from the UFC

http://www.mmaweekly.com/nate-diaz-a...fc-for-release

UFC lightweight Nate Diaz on Wednesday inexplicably asked for his release from the promotion.

No reason was given for his request other than Diaz directing it towards the UFC and Dana White via his Twitter account and commenting, ďItís about time for me to be on my way,Ē followed by a question mark.

Diaz has made a strong run since returning to lightweight at UFC 135 in 2011. He won three consecutive bouts, but failed in his attempt to win the lightweight championship from Benson Henderson in December of 2012.

He followed the loss to Henderson with a loss to Josh Thomson, but then rebounded with a victory over Gray Maynard this past November.

Diaz has been on the sidelines ever since. He campaigned for a shot at Anthony Pettis, but was instead asked to fight undefeated Russian lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Diaz asked for undisclosed concessions from the UFC in order to fight Nurmagomedov and the fight never came together.

Now it appears Diaz, if his request is honored, may not make his way back to the Octagon to fight anyone.

Diazís manager, Mike Kogan, had not responded to a request for comment at the time of publication, but told FoxSports.com that he was unaware of his clientís request.

Neither Dana White nor other UFC officials had commented on Diazís request at the time of publication.

Don't see this being a bad thing, He is never winning the belt so is very much becoming a gate keeper at his weight class. Plus either Diaz always has the potential to cause some controversy.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:10 PM

nate is just mad that his boy gil did it the right way and got gil probably one of the best contracts in the ufc ... nate signed the worst possible deal (something like 15/15)... he left cesar, which was a start and is now with mike kogan .. don't know if that is any better ... the diaz bros just aren't that bright .. this move shows that .. nate is under contract, didn't want to fight khabib and now wants a release ... dana won't do it .. .not sending a potential draw (i'd watch diaz v chandler or v alvarez)to bellator for nothing ... just gonna let him stew on this contract ... i would
Old 02-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Student of the Sport

If Nate is wanting to get a better deal with the UFC, he is going about it the wrong way. If he gets released, I would assume that his negotiating power is gone. Bellator could get him for whatever they wanted as I doubt they would have to wait and see if the UFC matched since it is Nate wanting out of the contract.

I like how the Diaz bros fight, but these guys have little common sense.