Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-01-2009, 02:03 AM
TheConcretekid

Default This Just In: Ryan Jensen is a moron

Quote:
A middleweight bout between Arizona Combat Sports fighter Steve Steinbeiss and UFC veteran Ryan Jensen has been canceled for Wednesday night's UFC Fight Night 18, as confirmed by UFC.com

UFC officials said the fight was off "due to a medical approval issue regarding Jensen."

Independent sources have confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that the alleged medical issue stems from Jensen's use of Adderall, which is not allowed under standard athletic commission rules.

A similar situation to this happened at "The Ultimate Fighter 7" season finale when Tim Credeur admitted to using the same drug, Adderall, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission canceled his scheduled bout against Cale Yarbrough in much the same manner.

I had him as a favorite in this fight too. What a stupid thing to do, he knew it was illegal, huge missed opportunity here.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
I had him as a favorite in this fight too. What a stupid thing to do, he knew it was illegal, huge missed opportunity here.
He is depressed. I'd rather he cancel his bout then kill himself.

Have a heart.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

well, i wouldn't go and call the dude a moron .. it is not like he was taking roids or crack .. dude has issues .. fighters need to take care of themselves ... this is forgiveable ....
Old 04-01-2009, 02:40 PM
3dlee

adderall though is a drug distributed to add/adhd persons typically. and i have personally taken a half of one and they should be considered performance enhancing as they speed you up like crazy.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee
adderall though is a drug distributed to add/adhd persons typically. and i have personally taken a half of one and they should be considered performance enhancing as they speed you up like crazy.

They only act as speed to those withhout the add/adhd. In those with the illness the drug counteracts the overactivity of the brain. Those without the illness don't have the overactiveness so it does act like speed. I don't know if jensen is add/adhd or not but if he is and it is perscribed for his add/adhd I don't see a problem with the takingof it but if he does not have the illness he should get the same penalty as karo.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
They only act as speed to those withhout the add/adhd. In those with the illness the drug counteracts the overactivity of the brain. Those without the illness don't have the overactiveness so it does act like speed. I don't know if jensen is add/adhd or not but if he is and it is perscribed for his add/adhd I don't see a problem with the takingof it but if he does not have the illness he should get the same penalty as karo.
I don't agree with you. If he admitted before the fight to be taking the drug and didn't actually fight they ahve no grounds to punish him especially since he admitted it himself.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I don't agree with you. If he admitted before the fight to be taking the drug and didn't actually fight they ahve no grounds to punish him especially since he admitted it himself.
The same thing will happen to him that happened to Tim: he won't fight tonight, he'll have to wait for the aderall to clear his system, then the UFC will just reschedule the bout for the next card.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
The same thing will happen to him that happened to Tim: he won't fight tonight, he'll have to wait for the aderall to clear his system, then the UFC will just reschedule the bout for the next card.
Which is unfair to his opponent but fights get cancelled all the time part of the life style. They will deal with it. Of course he didn't make friends with Dana by screwing up.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Which is unfair to his opponent but fights get cancelled all the time part of the life style. They will deal with it. Of course he didn't make friends with Dana by screwing up.
Yeah. I mean, it was a stupid mistake (by both of them), but it's not like taking a diuretic to make weight.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yeah. I mean, it was a stupid mistake (by both of them), but it's not like taking a diuretic to make weight.
Alves *cough*