Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-23-2014, 04:32 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Nick Diaz would return for a title shot; Dana White not about to give him one

From MMAFighting.com (By Dave Doyle @davedoylemma on Feb 23 2014, 2:33a):
Quote:
LAS VEGAS -- Nick Diaz, who still insists he's retired, was a conspicuous presence backstage at UFC 170 on Saturday night.

But Dana White wasn't among those who got to have a meet-and-greet with the King of Stockton.

"I haven't even heard from Nick Diaz," White said Saturday. "Nick Diaz called and asked for tickets, I don't know. We haven't even heard from Nick Diaz."

Diaz told FOX Sports on Saturday that he would only return for a title shot. "I'm talking about a title shot here matchup," Diaz said. "Bottom line, I'm the only draw here."

But White didn't exactly sound like's ready to hand the former Strikeforce welterweight champ such a spot.

"It's not even worth talking about," White said. "He hasn't fought, he hasn't wanted a fight, he's not even in the conversation."
Old 02-23-2014, 06:54 PM

It's like a lose lose situation. You have him fight for the title and he loses and it looks pointless, especially given he's lost his last two fights. You have him fight for the title and he wins and its almost worse. Maybe he fights, maybe he doesn't...then you end up having to strip him of the title if he doesn't or if he plays his games.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:13 PM

hope dana stays tough on this ..