Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-12-2014, 08:24 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
nate does what he wants around here .. its basically his site .. if someone would have thrown out an insult like that which would have insulted him, the ban hammer would have come down ... he's the first to cry about backing things up by quoting scripture and providing sources etc, but never does on his own .....
RNC, when is the last time anyone was banned here?

Let it go, man. Just let it go.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
I'm neither catholic nor Christian....but you shouldn't let that stop you...
we can get married any time you want.
well as long as my wife doesn't mind that is.

just don't tell Neezer...I think she has a thing for me.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Stump Rules!

Well if he will LOVE rituals then he would get on my nerves and wouldn't make it too far in the relationship anyway so....next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
But He will LOVe ritual if he is High Church. He will like the traditional liternies. He will like the Structure of the High Church Communion. He will like the rules and regulations, the dogmatism, and the cannon. How much he loves that probably depends on just how Catholic he is.

At the most Extreme End...Ask him if he enjoys "Exposition of the Host" Because that really IS a waste of time. The Romans get a large Wafer used in Communion. They consecrate it, and so believe Transubstantiation has occured.

They then get this giant Monstronse. Which is a Huge disc mounted on a poll. With a little window right at the centre. They put the Wafer in that Window and then they swing the monsteronse around, and up and down, and walk around with it...it gives the congregation "Exposure" to the Body of Christ. (From the people who have mounted Saint Barnabus middle finger in a Monsteronse and left it in a Roman Cathedral...as if the saint is flipping the birdie so to speak)

If he enjoys Exposition of the Holy Sacrement...Dump him...you wont tollerate him for long

Old 02-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Stump Rules!

Geez, that's a lot Dave. Sounds a lot like a hobby if anything.Or different clubs of some sort

Quote:
I am a card carrying Anglican. I was baptized as an Infant into the Church of England in the Diocese of Lincoln. I was Confirmed Anglican on All Saints Day (1st November) 2003 AD by His Grace, The Lord Bishop of London, in the Quire of Saint Paul's Cathedral.

I was raised in a Low Church, almost celtic infact, but following much trial and error with different denominations, mainly during my University days, including, American Pentecostalism, Methodists, and a Free Church. I finally settled on a High Church setting.

I would be included in what is known as the Anglo-Catholic bracket of Anglicanism. That means I have adopted the style, and many of the lintanies and formal settings offered by the Roman Church....BUT, that crucially, I am not subject to the Bishop of Rome, and deny the existance of what is known as Apostolic Succession, which entitles him to an undeserved status, considering it is not dynastic in any way.

It is a preference, rather then anything else. Personally, I just can not unify the idea of apostolic succession period. It is based off a huge assumption that is NOT supported by Scripture. Though I recongise its a valid form of Christianity, it is not one I could adhere to. So I take Romanism, and remove the Pontiff, and the Roman Curia, and instead like about a third of Anglicanism, it is inserted into the Anglican Episcopal framework.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Stump Rules!

Not true. He looks perfectly fine Dave

Quote:
Dont try to defend him, you'll make him look weak.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Stump Rules!

Hey this was supposed to be about me dating, not about bashing NateR!

Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Hey this was supposed to be about me dating, not about bashing NateR!
alright alright .. haha .. i say date the guy .. no big deal .. if he's creepy, just kick his ass to the curb!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
RNC, when is the last time anyone was banned here?

Let it go, man. Just let it go.
i'd say around the end of 2010, begining of 2011 .. something like that .. i'll let it go until the next time!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Stump Rules!

Ok, so after reading all these posts (thank you very much by the way),and got a "don't do it, let's talk about it sometime" text from Chuck I have decided that I will not be dating a man that considers himself to be Catholic. The main reason....drumroll please...

I think that they are too busy with their rituals and pomp and circumstance to be even thinking about, let alone be focused on Jesus Christ...

Thanks for playing everyone

Old 02-13-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Ok, so after reading all these posts (thank you very much by the way),and got a "don't do it, let's talk about it sometime" text from Chuck I have decided that I will not be dating a man that considers himself to be Catholic. The main reason....drumroll please...

I think that they are too busy with their rituals and pomp and circumstance to be even thinking about, let alone be focused on Jesus Christ...

Thanks for playing everyone
what's next, what's next!!!!!???!!!! that was fun!