Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-31-2009, 11:28 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
True or False, there has never been an English Pope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
True...although in the middle ages long after Rome, the Roman Catholics occasionally gave the title of Emporar out to various important people and Monarchs...and some of them may have been English
The answer is False. Pope Adrian IV, born as Nicholas Breakspear, was an Englishman. He was only Pope for about 5 years I think. Oh, and he's the only Englishman to be the Pope.

I was hoping you would be the one to respond. It's a tough one
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn


False, the Anglo Saxon Kings Native to England were overturned by Danes in the East, and Normans in the South and Vikings from the North. In order to settle Treaties and Wars later English Monarchs married into the families of Continental Europe, Spain, France etc. Not to mention Scotland and Ireland.

Finally after the Civil War and Republic the Monarchy was restored, and finally branched into a Germanic Monarchy...which changed its name be depoll during the gap between World Wars from Saxe-Coburg, to Windsor.

However, since the Romans left, the British Isles has never been Rulled from abroad, without the invaders keeping the British Throne intact (UNLIKE the Scotish throne)

Hmmmmmmm, were the Anglo Saxons native, they were imposters at one time as welll!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, William was a legitimate succesor from Emma who married both Æthelred II, and King Cnut. She was the daughter of Richard (I), count of Rouen (d. 996), and of Richard's second wife, Gunnor (d. 1031), herself of Norman stock and Danish origin; she was thus the sister of Richard (II), duke of Normandy (d. 1026), and of Robert, archbishop of Rouen from 989 to 1037.

So from Richard she linked in with William and so thats why he claimed succession so maybe it was just a continuation. Papal backed as well i might add.

Harold was a perjurer!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Hmmmmmmm, were the Anglo Saxons native, they were imposters at one time as welll!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, William was a legitimate succesor from Emma who married both Æthelred II, and King Cnut. She was the daughter of Richard (I), count of Rouen (d. 996), and of Richard's second wife, Gunnor (d. 1031), herself of Norman stock and Danish origin; she was thus the sister of Richard (II), duke of Normandy (d. 1026), and of Robert, archbishop of Rouen from 989 to 1037.

So from Richard she linked in with William and so thats why he claimed succession so maybe it was just a continuation. Papal backed as well i might add.

Harold was a perjurer!
Well if ya wanna be smart about it....The English were wiped out long before the Monarchy ever existed. I presume what was Native to England was crushed by the Romans

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
The answer is False. Pope Adrian IV, born as Nicholas Breakspear, was an Englishman. He was only Pope for about 5 years I think. Oh, and he's the only Englishman to be the Pope.

I was hoping you would be the one to respond. It's a tough one
I'll have to look him up. I presume he was Cadinal for England...or however the Diocise was split in the Roman Catholic Rulling of his Age.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:23 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well if ya wanna be smart about it....The English were wiped out long before the Monarchy ever existed. I presume what was Native to England was crushed by the Romans

As if your English history teachers are going to teach that
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well if ya wanna be smart about it....The English were wiped out long before the Monarchy ever existed. I presume what was Native to England was crushed by the Romans


Ha ha, they all ended up in Wales! The truest English went there!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Ha ha, they all ended up in Wales! The truest English went there!
lies....all lies
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

True or False

The English have horrific teeth?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

True or False

The Neutral Republic of Eire refused to allow the entry of any Jewish Refugees displaced by the Germanic Holocuast
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

FALSE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.