Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
There's no urge that can't be overcome through God's Sovereign Power.

Look, God didn't create anyone for no purpose that can't be used for his Kingdom. He's so gracious He will even use the wrong things we say and do for His Kingdom. The power of His name is so great that even in speaking it demons flee in terror.

If you ever know anyone who is deranged and contemplating murder, suicide etc...reach out to them in prayer foremost. I've seen it firsthand everyday - the power of prayer. I've claimed many "hard" people for Christ and seen some come to salvation, and still watch as God is slowly convicting others to turn to Him.
You can believe that all you want, but if someone is struggling to overcome an urge like that, I'd be glad they offed themselves rather than act on it.

I'm not knocking religion, belief or faith but there's a quote about it that I really love. "You can pray for rain, but while you're praying, dig a well."
Old 01-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
You can believe that all you want, but if someone is struggling to overcome an urge like that, I'd be glad they offed themselves rather than act on it.
I hear ya on that. There was a case recently near my house of a father who murdered his three young daughters to get back at his wife. My first reaction was "why didn't you just kill yourself instead of hurting these innocent young kids"?

Still, God is faithful to them who call him Lord.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-16-2014, 07:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Do tell, I want to hear this.
(In order not to de-rail THIS thread...any response, oughta take place in the thread below please)
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7243

I remember this really vividly..the Demon was about the size of an arm chair, but with no discernable features, just a strange, cold, grey fuzzy light almost. They do refer to Host as "beings of light" so I suppose its not suprising to think that a fallen angel, in its natural form, is some kind of ball of light aswell....God later taught me other lessons, like for example, He showed me that not all my negative thoughts come from myself, but that we are influenced by our thoughts, and those thoughts can be suggested to us by the Host.

You have to understand, there is next to nothing that separates the temporal realm from the Eternal Realm...and whats worse, when considering the fallen host, is that, quite possibly, most of the inhabit the temporal realm almost as much as we do...or at least the fringes of the Eternal Realm that boarder on the Temporal...I, personally, believe that they ARE subject to Time, just like us...I dont believe that they can move forwards or backwards through time, and I dont believe they can have the perspective GOD has...that is why they believe they stand a chance of Victory...Ultimately, I believe that the Devil has deceived himself as much as anyone else over His Future...when you cant see forever, each minute victory will rock your world...the fatal error is...GODs world is so big, most of the Devils "victories" are so fleeting, they must be nigh on missable.

That being said...We must also remember that WE are in a similar situation, and within this realm, we are at a power disadvantage...Lucifer is the greatest creation in either realm, outside of Michael...his Equal. Those two are the pinnicle of Creation...they are the highest order of created being. (Excluding the ressurected form of the Human Being)

We might be the most favoured being, but prior to Ressurection...we are no where near the same rank. That is deliberate, I reckon...If we could take on Host we would make the same mistake as Satan. Only one example of taking on a Host exists in the Scripture that I'm aware of...in that event, the Host was in Human form, and therefore subject to the limitations directly of man. Abraham actually went into hand to hand combat with this Host...and would have won, but the Angel cheated lol (Ironic considering in was a Host of Light...I personally think it was Michael, although, there is no way to be sure, except, the more important the man, the more important the Host that gets the interaction orders....and there are Myriads of them...we only know a few names...this particular one did not give his name, but claimed that Abraham had seen God...which neatly knocks the glory and limelight away from themselves...which is standard...its why you dont see Angels everywhere...they are like Virgers in a Church...if they do their job properly, they are invisible, and not noticed...only the ordained Clergy are noticed...which of course, is as it should be. Grunts do all the work, but never get the glory...well...without being disrespectful, and to avoid the temptation of idolitry, that is the best way to think of Angels...ignore them...and assume all is GOD...because the conduit is not important.

GOD also, I'm sure of it, absolutely loves the attention of a Christians cry for help. He loves to be invited, and he loves to take a personal interest. The way of Creation ensure that aspect in terms of spiritual warfare.

The only reason I am not afraid, is because, I know that GOD is never more then ten seconds away...and I dont just believe that, and know that...as you can read, I experienced it. Now if he will do that for me...He will do it for any Christian

Heck...Christ comes to my aid over the most stupid of things things that do not matter a jot....and the more you ask, the more he seems to do. Although, sin stops you being able to hear him, and also distracts you from asking....in my experience anyway.

Last edited by Tyburn; 01-16-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
"You can pray for rain, but while you're praying, dig a well."
But...dont forget to ask for guidence on where to dig....or you might die whether you dig or not