Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-15-2014, 05:33 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,794
Default

Well the man killed himself so I'm pretty sure it's far more then wallowing in self pity


Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
unfortunately it is a very common thing today for overwhelming self pity to be diagnosed as depression, I have no sympathy for people who are merely wallowing in self pity
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-15-2014, 05:41 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Irish Pride is right.

It is passing judgement on someone we don't know for what he did to himself, and yes, to others, but we don't know why he did it lest we declare him "selfish" and in that declaration we use only ignorant self-righteousness.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-15-2014, 01:35 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Well the man killed himself so I'm pretty sure it's far more then wallowing in self pity
sacrificing yourself to save your family----heroic murdering yourself cause you don't want to deal with life anymore---- ultimate self pity, but to fair to my original comments, I am pretty sure I was just making the point that most people who are "depressed" nowadays are just having a continuous pity party
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Irish Pride is right.

It is passing judgement on someone we don't know for what he did to himself, and yes, to others, but we don't know why he did it lest we declare him "selfish" and in that declaration we use only ignorant self-righteousness.
you opened your remark with "Irish Pride is right" which is in and of itself judgment. Though you may believe judging someone is right is not judgment, the fact of the matter is, is that it is. Yea, it is "ignorant self righteousness" to declare him right, cause he very well could be wrong. You claim it bad to judge yet you just judged him right? you wonder how we can be sure we are right, yet you are sure he is right, judgment is judgment


killing your self is a selfish act. Period.

anything else you offer can only excuse and justify that selfishness, not make it less selfish.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

All suicide equals murder


God decides when someones life on this earth will end. When you take that into your own hands outside of God's will, you murder.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
you opened your remark with "Irish Pride is right" which is in and of itself judgment. Though you may believe judging someone is right is not judgment, the fact of the matter is, is that it is. Yea, it is "ignorant self righteousness" to declare him right, cause he very well could be wrong. You claim it bad to judge yet you just judged him right? you wonder how we can be sure we are right, yet you are sure he is right, judgment is judgment
I think you know the difference between judging someone's analysis when it seeks to clear the subject of an unfair, biased judgement and someone who is completely unknown to you that did something terrible that didn't affect you personally in any form, Clearly it isn't our rightful place to judge/declare this man "selfish" when we cannot comprehend what this man was going through that led him to make a decision to end his life.

There is a right way to judge and a wrong way. It's best in a situation like this to #1 praise and worship GOD, and then pray God takes control and to pray for Cat and her family - that the Lord would USE them for his kingdom.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-15-2014, 03:32 PM
County Mike's Avatar
County Mike County Mike is offline
Hailey's Dad
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 859
Default

I can think of one good reason to commit suicide.

If you have an uncontrollable urge to hurt innocent people (rapist, child molester, habitual abuser, etc.) and you kill yourself to save those people.

To those people, I say "Job well done". End yourself to avoid hurting people.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I can think of one good reason to commit suicide.

If you have an uncontrollable urge to hurt innocent people (rapist, child molester, habitual abuser, etc.) and you kill yourself to save those people.

To those people, I say "Job well done". End yourself to avoid hurting people.
There's no urge that can't be overcome through God's Sovereign Power.

Look, God didn't create anyone for no purpose that can't be used for his Kingdom. He's so gracious He will even use the wrong things we say and do for His Kingdom. The power of His name is so great that even in speaking it demons flee in terror.

If you ever know anyone who is deranged and contemplating murder, suicide etc...reach out to them in prayer foremost. I've seen it firsthand everyday - the power of prayer. I've claimed many "hard" people for Christ and seen some come to salvation, and still watch as God is slowly convicting others to turn to Him.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you Matthew 6:33
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
There's no urge that can't be overcome through God's Sovereign Power.

Look, God didn't create anyone for no purpose that can't be used for his Kingdom. He's so gracious He will even use the wrong things we say and do for His Kingdom. The power of His name is so great that even in speaking it demons flee in terror.

If you ever know anyone who is deranged and contemplating murder, suicide etc...reach out to them in prayer foremost. I've seen it firsthand everyday - the power of prayer. I've claimed many "hard" people for Christ and seen some come to salvation, and still watch as God is slowly convicting others to turn to Him.
I agree, Vizion, in everything, good, bad, tragic, I believe GOD uses it ALL to His glory. Only GOD knows and understands what is in the hearts and minds of each of us, and how He will use that to His ends.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I agree, Vizion, in everything, good, bad, tragic, I believe GOD uses it ALL to His glory. Only GOD knows and understands what is in the hearts and minds of each of us, and how He will use that to His ends.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.