Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Default Gun Thread

In honor of senator feinstein I think we need a gun thread. Maybe if it is used enough it could get stickied.

I'll start with one of me shooting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q-x2...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-09-2013, 05:49 PM

If you care about the Second Amendment now is the time to speak up. NRA membership is $35. You don't have to be a gun owner. Act now or our children will be disarmed. https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...aignID=nranews
Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 PM

Loved your video, Adam. Was there a lot of recoil, does it hurt your shoulder? It still looks like a blast to shoot.

Thanks, PTM, for the link. We aren't members of the NRA and I hadn't even thought of it (even though we are gun owners and will NOT be disarmed).

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Loved your video, Adam. Was there a lot of recoil, does it hurt your shoulder? It still looks like a blast to shoot.

Thanks, PTM, for the link. We aren't members of the NRA and I hadn't even thought of it (even though we are gun owners and will NOT be disarmed).
Flo, I thought the link you posted in that other thread that Play resurrected recently, the blog by Larry Correia, "An Opinion on Gun Control", would be perfect for this thread!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Flo, I thought the link you posted in that other thread that Play resurrected recently, the blog by Larry Correia, "An Opinion on Gun Control", would be perfect for this thread!
That's a great idea, Bon, thanks. I'll go dig it up and post it. It's very long but well-worth the time. For someone like me, not real knowledgeable about guns, it was very educational but I think anyone could benefit from the guy's vast experience with firearms/training.

Link here Sorry about that, my original link didn't work but this one is ok.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 01-10-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
In honor of senator feinstein I think we need a gun thread. Maybe if it is used enough it could get stickied.

I'll start with one of me shooting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q-x2...ature=youtu.be
lol, nice bump fire stock. I concur with the sentiment behind starting this thread...

anyone going to be at SHOT next week?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
If you care about the Second Amendment now is the time to speak up. NRA membership is $35. You don't have to be a gun owner. Act now or our children will be disarmed. https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...aignID=nranews

perfect post placement ptm, per usual

Quote:

i've never had any issues with being bothered by recoil, so no, recoil is a non factor, it is fun to shoot, but hard on the wallet the worst part about shooting a gun like this would be the muzzle jump, but ak's have a muzzle brake that uses escaping gas to keep the barrel steady, so that isn't much of an issue either

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
lol, nice bump fire stock. I concur with the sentiment behind starting this thread...

anyone going to be at SHOT next week?

i wish i could go to the shot show, maybe someday
Old 01-10-2013, 04:20 AM

epic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCH0ajdnvOc
Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
That's a great idea, Bon, thanks. I'll go dig it up and post it. It's very long but well-worth the time. For someone like me, not real knowledgeable about guns, it was very educational but I think anyone could benefit from the guy's vast experience with firearms/training.

Link here
I thought there was a lot there to make for some good discussion/debate. For instance, should we begin to give serious thought to allowing school staffers and teachers to be armed (some of them at least), after being thoroughly trained of course. Mike had mentioned an idea like this in another thread, and I saw red flags with the idea, but after reading Correia's blog, I got what Nathan and Mike were trying to say about "armed resistance" making these nut jobs think twice.

I hope people will take the time to read it.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i've never had any issues with being bothered by recoil, so no, recoil is a non factor, it is fun to shoot, but hard on the wallet the worst part about shooting a gun like this would be the muzzle jump, but ak's have a muzzle brake that uses escaping gas to keep the barrel steady, so that isn't much of an issue either
I admit I recoiled when you started firing. You don't need ear protection?