Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-10-2013, 08:35 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default "1" - The Final Journey of Evan Tanner

From Indiegogo.com
Quote:
Hi this is Bobby Razak.

I have made some of the most well known films in Mixed Martial Arts history including "Pit Fight" which featured real bare knuckle fights, "Rites of Passage" starring Kevin Randleman and Ken Shamrock and "Sangre Nueva" starring current UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez.

While I have had great success (and fun) creating these films, my true passion is telling the stories of the lives and motivations of the MMA warriors outside of the cage. I have been involved in MMA since its inception, well before the big name promotions of today. I want to share with the true fans of MMA (YOU!), the amazing stories of the people who have built this sport into the global entertainment juggernaut that MMA is today. There are many amazing personal stories and unique personalities that I have come across in my career but few compare to the fascinating true life story of the former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner.

"1 - The Final Journey of Evan Tanner" will be my first feature-length film. It will detail the amazing story of the final hours of former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner.

Evan had a belief in the "Power of 1", his philosophy of self empowerment. He believed with enough motivation and determination "1" person had the power to overcome any odds. This belief was put to the ultimate test in September of 2008 when Evan decided to take a solo camping trip to the desert region of Palos Verdes, California. Many have debated Evanís purpose for this trip; was it just another journey for self discovery or was it pre-destined as his final one way journey.

"When you're on your death-bed it's those stories, those little adventures that are going to be the things you remember. It's not so much getting there but how you got there" Evan Tanner

Evan himself, in a blog post, explained it as ďa few weeks of solitude" to get some self-direction and prepare for a refocus on his training.

Unfortunately that was to be his last blog post as Evan would lose his life to the harsh desert elements. In the controversy that followed there were many theories about what happened and why, with some even speculating that Evan was on some sort of alcohol fueled suicide mission.

However, we know the truth.... and it needs to be told! We have done the research, driven out to the exact location where he died and interviewed all the rescue workers and emergency personnel. We have even recovered the GPS used by Evan on that fateful day and retraced and timestamped his every step.

In this film (with your help) we will use the information we have uncovered and Evans own philosophical self reflections to not only uncover the mystery of what happened during his last hours but also to further unravel the layers of his enigmatic life.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/evan-tanner-film
Here's a preview with the sales pitch at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8_ynwKQjWk
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Hughes fanboy

Sad what happened to Tanner. Instead of putting his trust in the Living God to direct his steps, he put his faith in himself and ended up dying a Christless death.

As for the movie...the whole thing is suspect. According to the website they are trying to raise 150,000 dollars, but will keep anything they do raise...even if they come no where near what they need to do the film?

TOTAL SCAM. I'm not helping you pay your mortgage while you tell me you're putting every cent you raised toward a film.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Sad what happened to Tanner. Instead of putting his trust in the Living God to direct his steps, he put his faith in himself and ended up dying a Christless death.

As for the movie...the whole thing is suspect. According to the website they are trying to raise 150,000 dollars, but will keep anything they do raise...even if they come no where near what they need to do the film?

TOTAL SCAM. I'm not helping you pay your mortgage while you tell me you're putting every cent you raised toward a film.
Yeah, I prefer KickStarter with their "All-or-Nothing" style. Feels a lot safer.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Stump Rules!

I didn't forget about him

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 09-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, I prefer KickStarter with their "All-or-Nothing" style. Feels a lot safer.
Yes, this whole "flexible fundraiser" thing sounds really suspicious to me. Anyone can fake they are making a film about someone people have sympathy for (like Tanner), and then, in meaning well donate to the cause and when the fundraiser fails to come near its goal the fundraiser keeps the money anyways.

It's B.S.

All or nothing, that sounds more promising but even that guarantees your money will go into production.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I agree, Tanner bought into the lie of "you can accomplish anything as long as you believe in yourself" and he paid for it with his life.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 PM

I would like to watch this film if and when it is released although I wouldn't contribute towards it. I was a fan of Evan Tanner and was very sad to hear of his untimely death.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Not meaning to be funny...but how is this going to work...I mean a film on Evan Tanners last hours of life...the director cant possibly know what Tanner was doing in the wilderness...probably not exactly how he died...I mean, did he fall and die of his injuries...was he attacked by wilderness wildlife...did he starve to death, or die of thirst...and why? why could he get home, what made him get lost and go the wrong way, or not be able to retrace his steps.

There are two many unanswered questions about the exact manner of his death and the few hours before it...that really, this will end up a work of fiction.

As with many poets and philosophers...eventually, they inevitably go mad and meet grisly ends. I find it so bizzare that a nation, and a world that dont even believe in an afterlife...can show so much religious zeal towards the musings of an average fighter, a relatively forgotten title holder, and probably somebody who consumed more prohibited substances then most of them that do. They have so much trouble believing the power of GOD...but magic, human magic, well thats just totally and utterly believable.

Its like the topic of ghosts...you only ever get sworne athiests talking about poltergeists and the likes...I find it...very backwards indeed
Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I find it so bizzare that a nation, and a world that dont even believe in an afterlife...can show so much religious zeal towards the musings of an average fighter, a relatively forgotten title holder, and probably somebody who consumed more prohibited substances then most of them that do. They have so much trouble believing the power of GOD...but magic, human magic, well thats just totally and utterly believable.
GREAT point, Dave, thank you. I find that to be very true as well. I've seen agnostics and atheists in action online and elsewhere - time and time again - ridiculing believers in the most demeaning, awful ways while demanding that their own non-beliefs be respected.

Pitiful, insecure hypocrites.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-20-2013, 02:09 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
As with many poets and philosophers...eventually, they inevitably go mad and meet grisly ends. I find it so bizzare that a nation, and a world that dont even believe in an afterlife...can show so much religious zeal towards the musings of an average fighter, a relatively forgotten title holder, and probably somebody who consumed more prohibited substances then most of them that do. They have so much trouble believing the power of GOD...but magic, human magic, well thats just totally and utterly believable.

Its like the topic of ghosts...you only ever get sworne athiests talking about poltergeists and the likes...I find it...very backwards indeed
+juan