Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-24-2009, 04:54 PM
bradwright

Default what a joke.

as a Canadian i would have to say Fox news knows absolutely
nothing about Canada or our military,
this is very disrespectful to our soldiers.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Crisco

summary?

can't look at youtube at the work
Old 03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Preach

Brad I love to watch Fox news and consider them the most fair in a long list of news sources. I will say this though although I enjoy making jokes concerning the Canadians I do feel they deserve respect. I for one along with a ton of other people thank your country for standing with us Americans on the war against Terrorism. I don't take lightly the lives that your country has lost in this war and consider them heros
Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Red Eye is not a hard-news program. It's satire in the same vein as The Daily Show. The whole point of that show's existence is to be funny and to insult people.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:02 PM
logrus

Canada has a Military?

Geez the things I learn on the Hughes Forums.

P.S Crisco more work, Less Matt Hughes Forums..
Old 03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Canada has a Military?

Geez the things I learn on the Hughes Forums.

P.S Crisco more work, Less Matt Hughes Forums..

pfft f that
Old 03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Red Eye is not a hard-news program. It's satire in the same vein as The Daily Show. The whole point of that show's existence is to be funny and to insult people.
really?,some things Nate you dont joke about on a news program,
i know you wouldn't put up with it if it was your military.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
really?,some things Nate you dont joke about on a news program,
i know you wouldn't put up with it if it was your military.
It's satire, it's supposed to sting a little bit. As a former Army guy, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Even if it was about our military, I would take it in the lighthearted tone that it was obviously intended. I don't believe that they were disrespecting the soldiers, just the comments from the leadership.

In other words, lighten up! It's just a joke. If it bothers you that badly, then why complain about it here? Go talk to the people who make the program:
http://www.foxnews.com/redeye/index.html

In fact, I think they're waiting for you:
Quote:
Does Greg make your boils boil? Don't just sit there. Get off your ass and e-mail: redeye@foxnews.com
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM
rearnakedchoke

As a Canadian, it really didn't bother me .. there are always people that will upset you by accident, and there are people that try to upset you .. if you let all the people that bothered you, actually bother you, you'd be constantly fighting an uphill battle ...
Old 03-24-2009, 06:44 PM
medic92

Fuel to the fire...

CANADIAN WARSHIP SEIZES TANKER IN... WAIT...CANADA HAS A WARSHIP?
Oh Right, and Switzerland Has Nuclear Weapons

Arabian Sea (SatireWire.com) Canadian television reported Friday that a Canadian warship in the Arabian Sea had seized a tanker suspected of smuggling oil from Iraq, leading many to suspect that the report was a hoax.

"You're kidding, right? Canada has a warship?" asked U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Like for war?

"Does Canada know?" he added.

"Nobody was more stunned than we were," said Kali Omari, first mate of the seized vessel. "We saw this frigate steaming toward us, and we were worried, but then we saw the maple leaf on the flag, and we thought, 'Oh, Canadians. What the hell do they want?'"

When an officer of the HMCS Vancouver announced that the tanker was about to be boarded, the crew of the detained ship was confused, said Omari, but their confusion quickly turned to anger when they saw what the Canadians sailors were carrying.

"They were armed. With guns," said Omari. "Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?"

"They were pretty rude, too," Omari added. "They started asking us all sorts of questions, like 'Where did that oil come from?' But first we wanted to know who gave them the damn warship."

According to Canadian defense officials, the Vancouver is one of four frigates deployed in the region to assist in the U.S.-led Afghanistan conflict. The tanker was stopped, officials said, because its cargo of crude oil violated United Nations sanctions, which prohibit Iraq from selling oil unless in exchange for food and medicine.

The U.N. said the incident is already under investigation, and promised swift action against those found responsible for giving the Canadians guns. Initial findings indicate that the Vancouver crew may have been watching too many American television shows.
RECOMMEND
THIS PAGE

Copyright 2002, SatireWire.