Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-23-2013, 12:44 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Yeah that's horrible.... it's a good thing the media or his attorney's didn't do that with any of those photos of Martin right?

I meant this IS the Trayvon we've seen all over the news, internet and in the court case right?
No, I hear ya, Chuck. We only ever saw that black-and-white hoodie pic of Trayvon. The difference between the various pics of Trayvon is very small when compared to the before/afters of George.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
As someone who did not follow this case at all, the before & after pictures of him were really disingenuous. You could tell his attorneys coached him to fatten up & grow his hair out so he'd look "respectable" and "decent" as opposed to that "thug kid". Makes it harder to trust someone's story when they're clearly spinning things from the moment you look at them.
The police disagree with you, the detective who interviewed Z said he believed he was telling the truth unless he was a pathological liar.

Actually, his family said he put on all the weight from being in home detention and not getting out to exercise. But maybe they were lying although why on earth they would about such a thing as his weight is beyond me.

Your argument about making him look "respectable" and "decent" as opposed to that "thug kid" holds no water since from day one the pictures released of M were basically his 12-year-old pictures. The AP is still using them.

The prosecution withheld discovery pictures from the defense of M smoking weed and brandishing a gun.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 07-23-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
How did you get that from my post? wth?
By your caption with the grinning-face emoticon "He's a saint!"

Was I wrong to infer sarcasm from that?

Last edited by flo; 07-23-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:32 AM

Well, one thing I'm thankful for is this thread has brought a lot of needed traffic to the MHF!

Old 07-23-2013, 02:05 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Well, one thing I'm thankful for is this thread has brought a lot of needed traffic to the MHF!

Haha, yeah, just needed me to toss out a social hand grenade & then scurry for cover!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:07 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
By your caption with the grinning-face emoticon "He's a saint!"

Was I wrong to infer sarcasm from that?
I saw the article. Thought to myself "Now he's a saint!" and laughed. I switched over and posted it here. I find humor in a lot of things others might not find funny.

But it being something against Zimmerman or implying that he did wrong by that never crossed my mind.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
The police disagree with you, the detective who interviewed Z said he believed he was telling the truth unless he was a pathological liar.
Where are you getting that? I thought the initial cops and the lead investigator that night, Chris Serino, wanted to charge Zimmerman. The prosecutor (who did not respond to the crime scene or the police dept) denied their request. The police chief was Zimmerman's big backer.

btw, Did you know that Zimmerman's dad is a retired judge? And there is pics of Zimmerman walking around the police dept unattended before. Just like he was at home there. He was no stranger to these guys.

Zimmerman was also charged before with resisting arrest and battery of a cop. Those charges were dropped.

He has also been accused of domestic violence. Nothing came of that but a protection order from a judge.

There were also reports that people from that community had complained to the police dept and to the neighborhood watch about Zimmerman being too aggressive and one man complained that he (Z) followed him home once. (Although, surely if this were true the prosecution would have brought that out.)
Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
I saw the article. Thought to myself "Now he's a saint!" and laughed. I switched over and posted it here. I find humor in a lot of things others might not find funny.

But it being something against Zimmerman or implying that he did wrong by that never crossed my mind.
I apologize, Neez. I'm too accustomed to political snark on other sites.

That's the problem with "discussing" on the laptop, it's tough to get a sense of the feelings attached to a comment.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Where are you getting that? I thought the initial cops and the lead investigator that night, Chris Serino, wanted to charge Zimmerman. The prosecutor (who did not respond to the crime scene or the police dept) denied their request. The police chief was Zimmerman's big backer.

btw, Did you know that Zimmerman's dad is a retired judge? And there is pics of Zimmerman walking around the police dept unattended before. Just like he was at home there. He was no stranger to these guys.

Zimmerman was also charged before with resisting arrest and battery of a cop. Those charges were dropped.

He has also been accused of domestic violence. Nothing came of that but a protection order from a judge.

There were also reports that people from that community had complained to the police dept and to the neighborhood watch about Zimmerman being too aggressive and one man complained that he (Z) followed him home once. (Although, surely if this were true the prosecution would have brought that out.)
Neez, I am "getting that" from the same place all my comments are from - trial testimony.

Quote:
Officer Chris Serino was a prosecution witness but may have helped the defense when he described how Zimmerman, purposely tricked into thinking there was video of the clash, said he had been hoping someone taped it.

“He’s either telling the truth or he’s a pathological liar,” Serino said.

He then added under further questioning that he believed Zimmerman.
link

The rest of your comments about Z had nothing to do with the trial. Ditto M's pot smoking, gun-brandishing photos, fighting, trouble at school and thefts.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:40 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
I apologize, Neez. I'm too accustomed to political snark on other sites.

That's the problem with "discussing" on the laptop, it's tough to get a sense of the feelings attached to a comment.
No need to apologize. Most people on here think I'm pissed or at the very least very passionate when I debate something. I try not to get too worked up over this stuff. And definitely not to take it personally. That is why I posted that article and the saint comment. I really needed a laugh out of something in all this. lol