Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
imo i don't think we'd be in pretty much the same situation ... right or wrong, it would be easier to paint a more incriminating picture of a 17 year old walking in the rain with a hoodie ... who's been caught for smoking weed in the past etc .. i mean, what else would he be doing at that time of night in the rain ...
Yeah, but we'd still be split straight down the same race lines. Except that the cries of guilty/not guilty would just jump sides of the aisle.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, but we'd still be split straight down the same race lines. Except that the cries of guilty/not guilty would just jump sides of the aisle.
good call ben ... always have a good take on things ... no bs, straight talk ... i like that ..
Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
LMAO!!! Perfect!!

I'll never forget the look on his face when they announced the OJ verdict...
I won't either. I felt like he must have come to the conclusion at some point in the trial that his friend had done these horrific killings.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Well yes, but because that's the law, not because of the latent racism you're implying (or alluding?).

Actually, thinking about the situation, if they had gotten in the altercation & Martin ended up shooting Zimmerman, it presumably would have been with Zimmerman's own gun, which would have made it really easy for him to make the case it was self-defense. Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to tell his side of the story (I was trying to keep an eye on him & protect my community), and Martin could say "This guy was tailing me, the cops told him to stop but he didn't, he got out of the car & came after me, I saw his gun & was afraid for my life so I fought back & used his own gun to keep him from killing me."

I think we'd be in pretty much the same situation.
If Trayvon had ended up killing Zimmerman, and told the cops he was defending himself, it would have ended there, I truly believe that. The same people who want to keep going after Zimmerman now would be saying the same thing, he shouldn't have gotten out of his car, and they'd say Trayvon was perfectly justified in defending himself. It would have never seen the light of day in the media, I doubt we would have ever known anything about it.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
let me ask you ... i know its all hypothetical .. but if things had turned out differently that night, and trayvon ended up shooting zimmerman with his own gun, what do you think would have happened to trayvon .. i think he would have been put on trial as an adult and be in jail ... we will never know, but that is what i think ...

i think this sets a bad precidence for the future .. it ok to act like a tough guy, start a fight and then shoot someone in self defense ..
There isn't any evidence to support that claim. The evidence actually contradicts what you're saying here.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:04 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Old 07-27-2013, 04:05 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Why is this thread in the politics section?
Old 07-27-2013, 05:19 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Why is this thread in the politics section?
Because this was a political subject from the get-go. I'm not trying to say that people here are making their decisions based political party, but the main-stream media & general public have split quite nicely down party-lines.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
There isn't any evidence to support that claim. The evidence actually contradicts what you're saying here.
well, seems like the tough guy act came up again .. this time threatening his wife and father in law with a gun ... since it is domestic, i don't know why the wife was able to not press charges ... thought they had to charge in the instance ...
Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
well, seems like the tough guy act came up again .. this time threatening his wife and father in law with a gun ... since it is domestic, i don't know why the wife was able to not press charges ... thought they had to charge in the instance ...
It's not domestic violence because she's separated from him & had changed her address, meaning that was no longer her domicile & therefore it can't be domestic violence. Also, she later admitted that she never saw a gun & the police on the scene said he didn't have a gun on him & that no gun was found at the house, either.

That being said, there was pushing & shoving, but that's (unfortunately) to be expected from many a divorce situation & isn't unique to Zimmerman.