Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-07-2013, 01:18 PM

yeah, i don't really know what made me feel bad for him, I guess it was the crowd booing and you know it was really, really humbling, he had to have alot of emotions going, not to mention he really isn't used to being hit, no wonder he's almost relieved he doesn't have to carry the belt,

i think his antics were a little foolish, but it's a calculated risk that he takes, this isn't the first time, he does it to throw opponents off, it was a game plan, i am not as offended as some people are about his antics, i just think it was more to get someone like weidman to open up rather than to showoff, and it was definitely working, weidman was going around with his hands down alot before he caught him....
Old 07-07-2013, 01:35 PM

i know there are people talking about throwing the fight, i think it is going to be legendary and they will make a movie about it, changing the names of course....my theory is this.....

weidman, played by sylvester stallone (we can refer to weidman as rocky) will beat the unbeatable black champ, then another black stud played by either Mr.t or rampage jackson will come along and beat A.S. to death, then steven seagal will train weidman until he avenges apollo's, er, um , i mean andersons death. steven seagal can be played by a black dude and matt serra can be weidmans bumbling brother in law named paulie, ray longo needs a beanie and a cooler name like micky

seriously i think i saw adrian run up and kiss rocky last night after the fight and before the interview......
Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
yeah, i don't really know what made me feel bad for him, I guess it was the crowd booing and you know it was really, really humbling, he had to have alot of emotions going, not to mention he really isn't used to being hit, no wonder he's almost relieved he doesn't have to carry the belt,

i think his antics were a little foolish, but it's a calculated risk that he takes, this isn't the first time, he does it to throw opponents off, it was a game plan, i am not as offended as some people are about his antics, i just think it was more to get someone like weidman to open up rather than to showoff, and it was definitely working, weidman was going around with his hands down alot before he caught him....
I agree, it isn't to show off. He is trying to get you to make a mistake, similar to Nick Diaz baiting guys into standing with him. It's his fighting style and it has worked in the past. Last night he just got caught and I think he learned a lesson.

I also agree that I do think Anderson was getting tired. I don't think he wanted this fight with Weidman, not due to fear, but because he wants a big fight. He has wanted a superfight and he deserved one. I'm not saying this is why he lost, but it may have been why he was a lot more reckless.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:08 PM

If I were in the crowd, I would have booed Silva just for being an ass-clown again, past championship defenses notwithstanding. He has to know people don't appreciate that BS, considering the backlash after the Maia fight. I'm sure the crowd would have shown a lot more respect for him if he had actually been fighting & got caught, rather than doing what he did. I appreciate all the great fights he's had in the octagon, but at the same time, I'm glad he got KTFO while clowning in front of his opponent. He bought into his own hype, and forgot he was just a man, and not some kind of movie ninja.

I think he takes the rematch seriously, wins in impressive fashion, and then retires as champ.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:39 PM

great fight. Weidman did very well last night. Now lets see JBJ v Silva.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
If I were in the crowd, I would have booed Silva just for being an ass-clown again, past championship defenses notwithstanding. He has to know people don't appreciate that BS, considering the backlash after the Maia fight. I'm sure the crowd would have shown a lot more respect for him if he had actually been fighting & got caught, rather than doing what he did. I appreciate all the great fights he's had in the octagon, but at the same time, I'm glad he got KTFO while clowning in front of his opponent. He bought into his own hype, and forgot he was just a man, and not some kind of movie ninja.

I think he takes the rematch seriously, wins in impressive fashion, and then retires as champ.
I agree, Wavetar. I think people can appreciate a tactic, but this kind of taunting plays more like super arrogance and disrespect for your opponent, as well as the crowd. If they wanted to see dancing clowns, they'd pay to go to the circus.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:54 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post

I completely disagree. What pissed people off about the Maia fight wasn't that he bobbed & weaved, it was that he didn't engage. Also, he did this exact same move in the Bonnar fight & was hailed a genius when he beat Stephan with these tactics. It's not his hype, it's his style to bait guys into a stupid decision & catch them reaching. This time he got caught. Happens to the best of them. It's like saying that when Matt lost to Hallman while going for a big slam, he was buying into his own hype too much & he deserved to be booed for getting caught in an armbar while being fancy like that rather than a normal armbar from guard. Anderson has been doing this stuff his whole reign as champion. There was no hype about him when he fought Rich Franklin, & he was making even more extreme head movements then than last night.

Silva absolutely took this fight seriously. He knew Chris had a better shot on the ground & wanted to goad him into staying on his feet, which he did successfully. Problem is, Wiedman didn't get caught deer-in-the-headlights like most of Anderson's opponents.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I completely disagree. What pissed people off about the Maia fight wasn't that he bobbed & weaved, it was that he didn't engage. Also, he did this exact same move in the Bonnar fight & was hailed a genius when he beat Stephan with these tactics. It's not his hype, it's his style to bait guys into a stupid decision & catch them reaching. This time he got caught. Happens to the best of them. It's like saying that when Matt lost to Hallman while going for a big slam, he was buying into his own hype too much & he deserved to be booed for getting caught in an armbar while being fancy like that rather than a normal armbar from guard. Anderson has been doing this stuff his whole reign as champion. There was no hype about him when he fought Rich Franklin, & he was making even more extreme head movements then than last night.

Silva absolutely took this fight seriously. He knew Chris had a better shot on the ground & wanted to goad him into staying on his feet, which he did successfully. Problem is, Wiedman didn't get caught deer-in-the-headlights like most of Anderson's opponents.
JB always said the same thing too when we would gripe about Silva doing this. I get baiting your opponent into making a mistake and playing your game, but I think he takes it to the extreme, and it's just not necessary! Now about the crowd last night...so why were they booing him? He was engaging more in this fight than in the Maia fight.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:25 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
JB always said the same thing too when we would gripe about Silva doing this. I get baiting your opponent into making a mistake and playing your game, but I think he takes it to the extreme, and it's just not necessary! Now about the crowd last night...so why were they booing him? He was engaging more in this fight than in the Maia fight.
Extremes are what make it effective. I mean, if he just "Diazed" it with a few middle fingers & a "C'mon, muhfugger!", most people wouldn't be drawn in. When Anderson goes all out, sticking himself right on the cage where Stephan wants him or bobbing & weaving around Forrest punches, it's a mental assault on his opponents' egos & they cannot stand it. Chris is the first guy to withstand that psychological barrage.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Extremes are what make it effective. I mean, if he just "Diazed" it with a few middle fingers & a "C'mon, muhfugger!", most people wouldn't be drawn in. When Anderson goes all out, sticking himself right on the cage where Stephan wants him or bobbing & weaving around Forrest punches, it's a mental assault on his opponents' egos & they cannot stand it. Chris is the first guy to withstand that psychological barrage.
It obviously works, I can't stand it either! I just hated to see him lose that way.

Hey, wait a minute, you didn't answer my ?, you didn't agree with Wavetar about why they were booing him last night, so what's your theory. This wasn't like the Maia fight where he wasn't engaging at all.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-07-2013 at 06:32 PM.