Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-07-2013, 03:47 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Cub Swanson vs. Dennis Siver

Round 1:
Referee Herb Dean oversees this featherweight contest. Touch of gloves and we're off. Siver whiffs on a leg kick, then connects with one to the body. Swanson answers with a leg kick of his own. Siver unloads a heavy combination. Swanson blocks a head kick. Wild overhand right nearly finds its mark for Swanson. Siver catches a high kick and slams Swanson onto the canvas, advancing into half guard. Siver going head-body-head-body with short right hands. Siver moves into side control. Swanson shrimps out and nearly regains his guard, but Siver stays heavy and maintains side control. Swanson tries to explode but Siver almost passes right to mount. Swanson fights it off but Siver is still in complete control. Swanson latches onto a guillotine, which causes Siver to quickly stand. Swanson staggers Siver with a hard leg kick, but Siver fires right back.

Round 2:
Swanson standing straight up with his hands at his side. Both fighters trade low kicks. Swanson nearly blasts Siver with a big uppercut then finds a home for a body kick. Siver pumps his jab. Siver catches a kick but can't do anything with it. Swanson misses with a wild cartwheel kick. The crowd was impressed with that one. Siver continues to push forward with straight punches. Siver backs up Swanson with a salvo. Swanson fires right back. Massive uppercut crushes Siver coming in. Swanson seizes the moment and slams Siver onto the canvas, landing right into full mount. Oh wow. Siver just trying to stay alive. Swanson latches onto an omaplata in the scramble. Wild finish to that round.

Round 3:
Siver ducks under a shot, catches a leg then blasts Swanson with a left hook. Swanson connects with a right hand. Swanson fakes an uppercut then unloads a low kick. Swanson smacks Siver with a right to the body. Swanson looks to be the fresher fighter. Swanson smashes Siver with a right hand! Siver is on wobbly legs. Another set of one-twos sends Siver tumbling down to the canvas. Swanson unloading standing hammerfists at a relentless pace. This one is over.

UFC 162: Cub Swanson def. Denis Siver via TKO (strikes) at 2:24 of round three.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-07-2013, 03:49 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hey, where are you two?! I feel like I'm in the "I feel so alone" thread.
I had to step outside and throw some more water on plants. Back for the last 2 though.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-07-2013, 03:51 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch

Round 1:
Dana's favorite, Steve Mazzagatti, is our referee for this middleweight contest. Boetsch closes the distance and shoots for a double. Munoz reverses, but Boetsch slams him right back down. Munoz quickly stands and the pair break to the center of the Octagon. Boetsch ties up against the fence, but Munoz changes levels and secures the takedown. Boetsch escapes to his feet. Munoz not giving Boetsch an inch of space. Munoz works to Boetsch's back and hunts for the takedown. Boetsch defends, but Munoz completes it. Boetsch seizes a guillotine and cranks. Munoz works out and retakes his feet in the ensuing scramble. Boetsch eats a monster right hand, but just grits his teeth and fires back. Munoz back to clinching against the fence. Munoz blasts Boetsch with a knee to the midsection followed by a combination. Exhausting first round.

Round 2:
Boetsch charges forward with a kick to the body. Munoz answers with a kick of his own. Boetsch ducks under a straight left. Munoz closes the distance and muscles Boetsch against the cage. Munoz finds a home for a series of knees from the clinch. Boetsch reverses and we're back to the center of the Octagon. Boetsch pressures forward, but Munoz seizes the opportunity to trip Boetsch to the canvas. Munoz unloads a slew of heavy right hands to Boetsch's midsection. Boetsch wants none of it. He stands, but it's short lived as Munoz takes him right back down. Munoz back to working the body. Boetsch climbs to his feet, then changes levels for a double. Munoz collapses him and goes right back to the body. This is brutal. Boetsch is just eating shot after shot. Munoz rains heavy blows down onto Boetsch's chin as the horn sounds.

Round 3:
Munoz wastes no time, stalking forward winging straight punches. Munoz ducks under for a power double. Boetsch seizes a guillotine. Munoz escapes, but Boetsch locks in a necktie. Munoz escapes again. Boetsch still working for an arm. Munoz sneaks out the backside and latches onto Boetsch's back. Huge shots from Munoz. Munoz is relentless. Boetsch tries to roll but Munoz blocks it. Munoz continues to hammer away on that midsection. Boetsch isn't going to be feeling good tomorrow. Munoz grasps for a kimura from half guard. Boetsch powers out, but he needs to do something drastic. Munoz latches onto Boetsch's back and slithers in a rear-naked choke. Boetsch valiantly defends. Munoz gives it up and goes back to unloading heavy punches from top position. Boetsch rolls for a kneebar. It doesn't have a chance. Munoz ends the round blasting away from the top.

UFC 162 results: Mark Munoz def. Tim Boetsch via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-28)

Yay! I like both fighters but I was pulling for Mark to win!!
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-07-2013, 03:54 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Tim Kennedy def. Roger Gracie

Round 1:
Our referee for this middleweight contest is Brunhilda. Huge swell from the crowd greets both fighters and we're off. Kennedy working low kicks from the outset. Gracie rushes inside and dumps Kennedy onto the mat. Kennedy stays patient and pries himself up. Gracie dodges a wild left hook and closes the distance. Kennedy muscles Gracie against the fence, but is quickly reversed and taken down. Gracie immediately seizes Kennedy's back and locks up a body triangle. Bad, bad spot for Kennedy to be so early. Gracie trying to slither in his left hand for the rear-naked choke, but Kennedy fighting it off. Kennedy spins into top position. That was slick.

Round 2:
Kennedy tosses out a front kick, followed by a leg kick. Kennedy wades in with an uppercut but can't find his range. Kennedy ties up against the fence then trips Gracie to the canvas. Big shots from Kennedy. Kennedy stands, almost eats an upkick, then dives back into Gracie's guard. Gracie works to his feet but eats a barrage of shots on the way up. Kennedy smashes Gracie with a short elbow against the fence. Gracie reverses. Cheers of "USA! USA!" erupt throughout the crowd. Kennedy trips Gracie to the mat, landing in half guard. Gracie regains full guard. Winslow wants action, doesn't get it, then stands the fight up. Kennedy immediately wades back inside and muscles Gracie against the fence.

Round 3:
Gracie looks exhausted. Kennedy stalks forward, working low kicks. Kennedy whiffs with a big left hook. More leg kicks. Kennedy closes the distance and takes Gracie's back. Gracie whirls out. Kennedy pushes Gracie back with a kick to the body. Gracie dives inside for a desperation takedown. Kennedy stumbles, retakes his feet, then muscles Gracie against the cage. Short right hand snaps Gracie's head back. Kennedy lands another elbow as Winslow resets the fight. Kennedy starting to open up on his feet. Gracie eats a left hook. Kennedy clinches then goes to work with short lefts.

UFC 162 results: Tim Kennedy def. Roger Gracie via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I had to step outside and throw some more water on plants. Back for the last 2 though.
I have a mental picture of you literally opening the door and throwing some water out and running back to the fights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch

Round 1:
Dana's favorite, Steve Mazzagatti, is our referee for this middleweight contest. Boetsch closes the distance and shoots for a double. Munoz reverses, but Boetsch slams him right back down. Munoz quickly stands and the pair break to the center of the Octagon. Boetsch ties up against the fence, but Munoz changes levels and secures the takedown. Boetsch escapes to his feet. Munoz not giving Boetsch an inch of space. Munoz works to Boetsch's back and hunts for the takedown. Boetsch defends, but Munoz completes it. Boetsch seizes a guillotine and cranks. Munoz works out and retakes his feet in the ensuing scramble. Boetsch eats a monster right hand, but just grits his teeth and fires back. Munoz back to clinching against the fence. Munoz blasts Boetsch with a knee to the midsection followed by a combination. Exhausting first round.

Round 2:
Boetsch charges forward with a kick to the body. Munoz answers with a kick of his own. Boetsch ducks under a straight left. Munoz closes the distance and muscles Boetsch against the cage. Munoz finds a home for a series of knees from the clinch. Boetsch reverses and we're back to the center of the Octagon. Boetsch pressures forward, but Munoz seizes the opportunity to trip Boetsch to the canvas. Munoz unloads a slew of heavy right hands to Boetsch's midsection. Boetsch wants none of it. He stands, but it's short lived as Munoz takes him right back down. Munoz back to working the body. Boetsch climbs to his feet, then changes levels for a double. Munoz collapses him and goes right back to the body. This is brutal. Boetsch is just eating shot after shot. Munoz rains heavy blows down onto Boetsch's chin as the horn sounds.

Round 3:
Munoz wastes no time, stalking forward winging straight punches. Munoz ducks under for a power double. Boetsch seizes a guillotine. Munoz escapes, but Boetsch locks in a necktie. Munoz escapes again. Boetsch still working for an arm. Munoz sneaks out the backside and latches onto Boetsch's back. Huge shots from Munoz. Munoz is relentless. Boetsch tries to roll but Munoz blocks it. Munoz continues to hammer away on that midsection. Boetsch isn't going to be feeling good tomorrow. Munoz grasps for a kimura from half guard. Boetsch powers out, but he needs to do something drastic. Munoz latches onto Boetsch's back and slithers in a rear-naked choke. Boetsch valiantly defends. Munoz gives it up and goes back to unloading heavy punches from top position. Boetsch rolls for a kneebar. It doesn't have a chance. Munoz ends the round blasting away from the top.

UFC 162 results: Mark Munoz def. Tim Boetsch via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-28)

Yay! I like both fighters but I was pulling for Mark to win!!
Me too! I wonder if Matt saw it, it looked like the kind of fight he'd appreciate with all the wrestling maneuvers and pounding.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:11 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
So happy for Tim Kennedy! But why did Goldie say this was his UFC debut? I thought he's been in the UFC for a while.
Tim & Roger are both Strikeforce cross-overs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,595
Default

Why wasn't Frankie all over Oliveira after he rocked him with that right, it might have made the difference in having the win by TKO/KO instead of decision?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:14 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira

Round 1:
Referee Yves Lavigne oversees this featherweight contest. First non-title bout for Franke Edgar since 2009. Both fighters come out hot. Edgar nails Oliveira with a right hand then tosses him to the mat. Furious pace here. Oliveira scrambles out. Edgar cracks Oliveira with another right. Edgar dumps Oliveira to his back, landing in full guard. Oliveira rolls for a leglock. Edgar wants no part of it and stands. Edgar unloads a right hand followed by a left hook. Oliveira answers with a knee. Left hook connects for Edgar. Oliveira staying tight. Edgar eats a right hand then powers Oliveira to the canvas. Oliveira pops back to his feet and eats a left for his troubles. Oliveira ties up and trips Edgar down, but Edgar reverses and stands. Oliveira follows. Wild round so far. Edgar's nose is bloodied. Edgar pumps his jab. Oliveira rushes inside but winds up on his back. Edgar trying to posture up from top position, but he can't get anything going.

Round 2:
Oliveira comes out swinging. Edgar blocks a high kick. Edgar circles, catches a kick then unloads a straight combination. Big leg kick staggers Edgar. Oliveira tries it again, but this time Edgar catches it and dumps him down. Oliveira pops back up to his feet. Edgar changes levels and powers Oliveira to the canvas, landing in full guard. Edgar postures up and rains down a few hammerfists. More short shots. Oliveira squirms out and stands. Edgar wades inside with a combination. Oliveira eats a left. Edgar catches another kick and cracks Oliveira with a straight right. Flying knee from Oliveira just misses. Big exchange from both fighters. Edgar ties up against the fence, drops down for a double, then slams Oliveira to the mat. Oliveira seizes a guillotine. It's in tight, but there's the horn. Close round.

Round 3:
Edgar sprints out to the center of the Octagon and unleashes a flurry. Oliveira fires back his jab. Edgar tags Oliveira with a looping shot. Edgar maintaining his pressure. Oliveira trips but Edgar lets him back up. Oliveira staggers Edgar with a right hand. Oliveira finding his range, unloads another combination. Edgar smashes Oliveira with a right, but Oliveira storms forward and answers. Flying kick from Oliveira misses. Another exchange and Oliveira gets the better of it. Edgar attempts a flying knee. That was never going to work. Oliveira stumbles backwards and Edgar charges into his guard. This pace is insane. Edgar postures up for a few short right hands. Edgar stands, then dives back in and cracks Oliveira with a right. What a fight.

UFC 162 results: Frankie Edgar def. Charles Oliveira via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)


__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:15 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I have a mental picture of you literally opening the door and throwing some water out and running back to the fights!
Heh, I wish!!!

Bon, I thought Tim was already in the UFC too. Weird.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:34 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

YEAH, BABY!!!

I only got 6 right but I got THIS one right!!!

__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.