Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-04-2013, 04:16 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,209
Default France gay marriage protest

You don't normally think of traditional values coming out of France, but this would be a great model for the rest of the WORLD to take up. Time to take a stand against this abomination!

http://news.yahoo.com/protest-paris-...164249491.html
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:00 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

That's awesome! Whoever thought it would be France who led the return to common sense?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
You don't normally think of traditional values coming out of France, but this would be a great model for the rest of the WORLD to take up. Time to take a stand against this abomination!

http://news.yahoo.com/protest-paris-...164249491.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
That's awesome! Whoever thought it would be France who led the return to common sense?
Word and word.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:08 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,513
Default

well, if they can do it peacefully, good for them .. but I hear there has been some violence already .... don't think they'll get anywhere, seeing as they are probably in the minority ... the prez said they were going to legalize it if they won the election, and they won .. the people have spoken
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
You don't normally think of traditional values coming out of France, but this would be a great model for the rest of the WORLD to take up. Time to take a stand against this abomination!

http://news.yahoo.com/protest-paris-...164249491.html
yes, because allowing same sex couples to take part in an institution that ends in divorce nearly 50% of the time is clearly an abomination ...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
.. but I hear there has been some violence already ....
It's funny how liberals always try to associate conservative groups with violence, even when there is no evidence of violence.

Even if there was, then those are just the actions of individuals. Similar to the violence committed by Gay Rights groups. Nobody is claiming that all gays are violent, just a militant few.

However, anytime a conservative decides to publicly take a stand on something, that person gets associated with violent behavior or hate, because liberals can't stand the idea that reasonable, intelligent people disagree with them on something.

Trying to associate a demonstration like this one in France with violent behavior just shows how ignorant and closed-minded liberals really are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It's funny how liberals always try to associate conservative groups with violence, even when there is no evidence of violence.

Even if there was, then those are just the actions of individuals. Similar to the violence committed by Gay Rights groups. Nobody is claiming that all gays are violent, just a militant few.

However, anytime a conservative decides to publicly take a stand on something, that person gets associated with violent behavior or hate, because liberals can't stand the idea that reasonable, intelligent people disagree with them on something.

Trying to associate a demonstration like this one in France with violent behavior just shows how ignorant and closed-minded liberals really are.
i have always had the stance that people should be able to protest as long as they keep it peaceful ... whether its protesting gay marriage, women's pro-choice (or pro life), when we had the nut jobs protesting the G20 summit etc ..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:58 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
when we had the nut jobs protesting the G20 summit etc ..
And there is usually plenty of violence surrounding those events, but it doesn't get mentioned in the mainstream media because it's usually understood to be the acts of individuals. It's the same with the violence that union groups are responsible for.

However, whenever a conservative group publicly speaks out, they always get linked with violence. It's almost a given. Just look at the crazy accusations that get leveled against the Tea Party.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
And there is usually plenty of violence surrounding those events, but it doesn't get mentioned in the mainstream media because it's usually understood to be the acts of individuals. It's the same with the violence that union groups are responsible for.

However, whenever a conservative group publicly speaks out, they always get linked with violence. It's almost a given. Just look at the crazy accusations that get leveled against the Tea Party.
well, i guess it has to do with where it is being held ... i haven't read of violent tea party demonstrations, as it doesn't make the news up here, but the g20 in toronto was all the news up here because it was local ... and all who got arrested, detained had it coming to them
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yes, because allowing same sex couples to take part in an institution that ends in divorce nearly 50% of the time is clearly an abomination ...
First off, the "50%" is not an accurate statistic. It includes 2nd, 3rd marriages from individuals, so in that it throws the numbers off. Some say the actual numbers are 25-30%.

Secondly, your argument is illogical. One thing has NOTHING to do with the other. Gay marriage is not marriage at all and therefore calling it such, and legalizing it and forcing it through is threatening.

Read your Bible man. You need to have ears to hear. The world is nuts, and heading straight to hell and these kinds of abomonations are nothing but indications of that.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.