Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-16-2013, 03:21 AM

Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac

Round 1:
Yves Lavigne is our referee for this light heavyweight pay-per-view tilt. Pokrajac stalking early. Jimmo launches a right hand to the jaw. Jimmo muscles Pokrajac against the cage. Lavigne quickly breaks it up. Jimmo just misses with a haymaker right hand, then bulls Pokrajac back against the fence. Again, Lavigne quickly separates them. Pokrajac wades in with his jab. Jimmo fights off a single. Pokrajac working Jimmo against the cage, but Lavigne separates once again. Jimmo closes the distance then connects with a standing elbow on the way out. Pokrajac backpedals and Jimmo locks him back up against the fence. Lavigne warns the fighters to work, then separates the action. Leg kick from Jimmo. And another. Jimmo finds a home for his straight right. Pokrajac storms forward and smashes Jimmo with a looping right. Jimmo regains his bearing and answers with a big right hand of his own.

Round 2:
Jimmo opening up early. Big combination lands flush. Right hand drops Pokrajac! Jimmo swarms but can't finish. Jimmo winds up in top position with Pokrajac pressed against the fence. Jimmo unloads a salvo. The pace slows, with Jimmo working short punches and elbows from the top. This crowd isn't happy, and they're not shy about voicing that displeasure. More short shots from Jimmo. Lavigne warns the fighters to work. Pokrajac actually lands a few good punches from the bottom. Jimmo stands, eats a big upkick, then dives into side control. Short elbow connects for Jimmo. Slow round.

Round 3:
Touch of gloves kicks off this final round. Jimmo bouncing on his heels, closes the distance then muscles Pokrajac against the fence. Pokrajac secures a trip, but Jimmo rolls with it and winds up in top position inside Pokrajac's guard. Pokrajac controlling Jimmo's right wrist and working short elbows from the bottom. Jimmo frees his wrist and returns the favor. Lavigne wants action. He's not getting it. Jimmo tries to pass into half guard, but Pokrajac defends and snatches a guillotine. Pokrajac can't finish. More short elbows from the top from Jimmo. Pokrajac eats a big knee on the way up, but he still retakes his feet. More clinch work leds Lavigne to separate the action. Jimmo ties up to end the fight against the fence. The crowd is definitely unhappy about this one. Hard to blame 'em.

UFC 161 results: Ryan Jimmo def. Igor Pokrajac via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-16-2013, 03:22 AM

I love this picture from the weigh-ins, Pokrajac's little boy is making a fist too.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I love this picture from the weigh-ins, Pokrajac's little boy is making a fist too.

Awww, sweet.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:52 AM

Roy Nelson vs. Stipe Miocic

Round 1:
Referee Jerin Valel oversees this heavyweight co-main event. Leg kick early for Miocic. Wild looping hook misses for "Big Country." And another. Miocic finds a home for a right hand. Nelson wades forward with a combination. Nelson misses a big uppercut. Miocic puts together a solid combination. Nelson headhunting with that overhand right. Miocic on point with his right hand. Miocic landing at will. Nelson plows forward. Miocic briefly takes his back, but Nelson muscles out. Miocic slips. Nelson wings a pair of overhand rights then takes a big, deep breath. Miocic lands flush. Nelson is in trouble. Miocic bulldozes Nelson against the fence and unloads a series of punches and knees. Nelson regains his wits and reverses. We're back to the center of the Octagon. Nelson tosses out a leg kick. Wow, great round for Miocic.

Round 2:
Nelson's corner is furious at their fighter. Let's see if Nelson can pick it up. Miocic eats a right and circles. Miocic eats another right then answers with a knee. Big exchange. Miocic tags Nelson with a straight right. Nelson is dazed. Miocic plows forward, picking his shots. Good inside leg kick from Miocic. Short elbow. Nelson has nothing for Miocic so far. Miocic ducks under for a single, then abandons it and fires off a leg kick. Nelson is gasping for air with his hands down at his side. Both fighters trade left hands. Miocic fakes a double, then blasts Nelson with a pair of straight rights. Whoa, Nelson answers with a massive uppercut. Miocic backpedals away then resets his feet. Nelson is absolutely exhausted. Miocic landing at will with straight punches. Nelson trudges towards Miocic with his hands down.

Round 3:
Nelson needs to do something drastic. Miocic blocks a wild overhand right then responds with a crushing combination. Another clean right hand blasts Nelson's chin. If nothing else, "Big Country" can take some major punishment -- but we already knew that. Miocic fires off another combination. Miocic stalks forward with his jab. Nelson nearly lands a heavy counter right. Nelson hunts for a single but winds up on all fours. Miocic blasts him with a right then stands. Miocic muscles Nelson against the fence, but Valel quickly separates the action. Nelson swings and misses. Miocic is picking Nelson apart at this point. More big shots collide into Nelson's jaw. Thirty seconds left and Nelson can barely stand. Huge salvo from Miocic. What a performance.

UFC 161 results: Stipe Miocic def. Roy Nelson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Too bad Roy didn't prepare better, sheesh, gassed the first round. I bet Dana won't be too happy about this fight. Roy mailed it in, what an embarrassment (and I like the guy).

Old 06-16-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Roy Nelson vs. Stipe Miocic

Round 1:
Referee Jerin Valel oversees this heavyweight co-main event. Leg kick early for Miocic. Wild looping hook misses for "Big Country." And another. Miocic finds a home for a right hand. Nelson wades forward with a combination. Nelson misses a big uppercut. Miocic puts together a solid combination. Nelson headhunting with that overhand right. Miocic on point with his right hand. Miocic landing at will. Nelson plows forward. Miocic briefly takes his back, but Nelson muscles out. Miocic slips. Nelson wings a pair of overhand rights then takes a big, deep breath. Miocic lands flush. Nelson is in trouble. Miocic bulldozes Nelson against the fence and unloads a series of punches and knees. Nelson regains his wits and reverses. We're back to the center of the Octagon. Nelson tosses out a leg kick. Wow, great round for Miocic.

Round 2:
Nelson's corner is furious at their fighter. Let's see if Nelson can pick it up. Miocic eats a right and circles. Miocic eats another right then answers with a knee. Big exchange. Miocic tags Nelson with a straight right. Nelson is dazed. Miocic plows forward, picking his shots. Good inside leg kick from Miocic. Short elbow. Nelson has nothing for Miocic so far. Miocic ducks under for a single, then abandons it and fires off a leg kick. Nelson is gasping for air with his hands down at his side. Both fighters trade left hands. Miocic fakes a double, then blasts Nelson with a pair of straight rights. Whoa, Nelson answers with a massive uppercut. Miocic backpedals away then resets his feet. Nelson is absolutely exhausted. Miocic landing at will with straight punches. Nelson trudges towards Miocic with his hands down.

Round 3:
Nelson needs to do something drastic. Miocic blocks a wild overhand right then responds with a crushing combination. Another clean right hand blasts Nelson's chin. If nothing else, "Big Country" can take some major punishment -- but we already knew that. Miocic fires off another combination. Miocic stalks forward with his jab. Nelson nearly lands a heavy counter right. Nelson hunts for a single but winds up on all fours. Miocic blasts him with a right then stands. Miocic muscles Nelson against the fence, but Valel quickly separates the action. Nelson swings and misses. Miocic is picking Nelson apart at this point. More big shots collide into Nelson's jaw. Thirty seconds left and Nelson can barely stand. Huge salvo from Miocic. What a performance.

UFC 161 results: Stipe Miocic def. Roy Nelson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Too bad Roy didn't prepare better, sheesh, gassed the first round. I bet Dana won't be too happy about this fight. Roy mailed it in, what an embarrassment (and I like the guy).
And he was my pick! I don't understand why Roy doesn't get in physical condition and stay in physical condition if he wants to fight?
Old 06-16-2013, 04:28 AM

Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson

Round 1:
Herb Dean is our referee for this light heavyweight main event. Huge bout for both men. The loser is pretty much out of title contention for good. Touch of gloves and we're off. Henderson pumps his jab. Huge chant of "Hendo! Hendo!" from the Winnipeg crowd. Henderson unloads a beefy uppercut from the clinch. Evans wades in with a looping right. Evans fires off a combination. Evans changes levels. Henderson fights it off but Evans drives his back against the fence. Henderson circles out. Evans ducks under a right hand, ties up, then releases. Stiff jab drops Evans. Henderson follows with another left. Henderson pouring it, hunting for the home run shot. Evans seems to have regained his bearings. Henderson misses a looping right then takes a deep breath.

Round 2:
Evans opens with his jab. Evans shoots, nearly completes a power double, then takes Henderson's back. Henderson muscles around but Evans is controlling the action against the fence. Evans disengages then connects with a series of flush right hands. Henderson stalks forward with his right hand cocked. Evans clips Henderson. Looping right hook barely misses for Evans. Henderson shrugs off a trip attempt. Neither fighter willing to commit to anything significant. Just as I say that, Evans charges inside the pocket winging punches. Henderson defends another takedown attempt then circles to the center of the cage. MMA Fighting scores the round 10-9, Evans.

Round 3:
Five minutes left to decide this one. Henderson plows forward but misses a series of left hands. Evans finds a home for a looping right hook. Evans smells blood and charges inside with a salvo. Henderson circles out. Evans paws out his jab. Henderson isn't able to mount any offense right now. Evans changes levels for a double, but Henderson defends successfully. Evans bulls Henderson against the fence. Big combination by Evans. We're back in the center of the Octagon. Evans lands another jab. Evans ties back up and works short punches against the cage. Henderson blasts Evans with a short elbow. Evans still controlling the position. Henderson ducks outside and misses wildly with a looping hook. Evans finishes us off with a jab to the jaw.

UFC 161 results: Rashad Evans def. Dan Henderson via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)

Old 06-16-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
And he was my pick! I don't understand why Roy doesn't get in physical condition and stay in physical condition if he wants to fight?
I don't remember seeing him gassed the first round, do you? He looked awful. Even though I picked Roy, I was happy for Stipe.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson

Round 1:
Herb Dean is our referee for this light heavyweight main event. Huge bout for both men. The loser is pretty much out of title contention for good. Touch of gloves and we're off. Henderson pumps his jab. Huge chant of "Hendo! Hendo!" from the Winnipeg crowd. Henderson unloads a beefy uppercut from the clinch. Evans wades in with a looping right. Evans fires off a combination. Evans changes levels. Henderson fights it off but Evans drives his back against the fence. Henderson circles out. Evans ducks under a right hand, ties up, then releases. Stiff jab drops Evans. Henderson follows with another left. Henderson pouring it, hunting for the home run shot. Evans seems to have regained his bearings. Henderson misses a looping right then takes a deep breath.

Round 2:
Evans opens with his jab. Evans shoots, nearly completes a power double, then takes Henderson's back. Henderson muscles around but Evans is controlling the action against the fence. Evans disengages then connects with a series of flush right hands. Henderson stalks forward with his right hand cocked. Evans clips Henderson. Looping right hook barely misses for Evans. Henderson shrugs off a trip attempt. Neither fighter willing to commit to anything significant. Just as I say that, Evans charges inside the pocket winging punches. Henderson defends another takedown attempt then circles to the center of the cage. MMA Fighting scores the round 10-9, Evans.

Round 3:
Five minutes left to decide this one. Henderson plows forward but misses a series of left hands. Evans finds a home for a looping right hook. Evans smells blood and charges inside with a salvo. Henderson circles out. Evans paws out his jab. Henderson isn't able to mount any offense right now. Evans changes levels for a double, but Henderson defends successfully. Evans bulls Henderson against the fence. Big combination by Evans. We're back in the center of the Octagon. Evans lands another jab. Evans ties back up and works short punches against the cage. Henderson blasts Evans with a short elbow. Evans still controlling the position. Henderson ducks outside and misses wildly with a looping hook. Evans finishes us off with a jab to the jaw.

UFC 161 results: Rashad Evans def. Dan Henderson via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)

Dan was my pick. I'm really glad now I didn't end up buying the fights tonight!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:35 AM

Thanks, Cathy, for posting the fight results for us!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:45 AM

I'm glad to do it and happy you were here. Sometimes I'm just talking to myself...