Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 PM

Default iPhones anyone?

So I'm not trying to have this turn into an iphone vs android debate. However, I have an iPhone and I don't feel I use it to its fullest potential what-so-ever. So my question to you is...what are some apps you use that you cannot do without, and what do those apps do for you?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
So I'm not trying to have this turn into an iphone vs android debate. However, I have an iPhone and I don't feel I use it to its fullest potential what-so-ever. So my question to you is...what are some apps you use that you cannot do without, and what do those apps do for you?
I had an Android smartphone for about a year, but I got rid of it and went back to a regular flip phone because I just wasn't using it enough to justify paying an extra $40 a month.

The apps that I used the most were the eBay app and Gmail; but that's pretty much it. And the Google app came in pretty handy every once in a while.

I actually miss not being able to check on my eBay auctions on my phone, but overall, it's not a huge loss.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I'm constantly listening to media, be it Pandora, podcasts or stuff from iTunes U (currently listening to some seminary courses). I've also got YouTube, IMDB, Fb, Twitter, Netflix, Waze (GPS/directions) & Feedly (replaces GoogleReader) all on my home page.

Other stuff I tend to use a lot are Wikipedia, Skype, MMAFigthing & MiddleEasy's apps, Kindle & Audible, Amazon, PlayOn & Xfinity.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I had an Android smartphone for about a year, but I got rid of it and went back to a regular flip phone because I just wasn't using it enough to justify paying an extra $40 a month.

The apps that I used the most were the eBay app and Gmail; but that's pretty much it. And the Google app came in pretty handy every once in a while.

I actually miss not being able to check on my eBay auctions on my phone, but overall, it's not a huge loss.
That's what I kind of fear Nate. That I just can't justify it. Got a year and a half left on this contract though, so I'll have to make the post out of it.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'm constantly listening to media, be it Pandora, podcasts or stuff from iTunes U (currently listening to some seminary courses). I've also got YouTube, IMDB, Fb, Twitter, Netflix, Waze (GPS/directions) & Feedly (replaces GoogleReader) all on my home page.

Other stuff I tend to use a lot are Wikipedia, Skype, MMAFigthing & MiddleEasy's apps, Kindle & Audible, Amazon, PlayOn & Xfinity.

Do you like Waze better then Google Maps? I didn't have an iphone before the 5 and when the 5 came out everyone was saying how it stinks that Google maps won't work on it and how crappy apples GPS was.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Do you like Waze better then Google Maps? I didn't have an iphone before the 5 and when the 5 came out everyone was saying how it stinks that Google maps won't work on it and how crappy apples GPS was.
Yeah, Waze is super awesome.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That's what I kind of fear Nate. That I just can't justify it. Got a year and a half left on this contract though, so I'll have to make the post out of it.
I actually still had a year on my contract when I called to downgrade my service. I just told them that I couldn't afford my plan anymore and that I wanted to go back to my previous, basic phone. They were actually really cooperative, which was probably because they knew I could have just as easily dropped them entirely and gone with another carrier.

I think if you explain that you're paying too much for features you never use, they'll be more than happy work with you. I think the cell phone marketplace is too competitive right now for them not to.