Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-22-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
I really did not mean it to be a hate thread. This is the first time that I've really posted on GSP. I just did not understand that if the UFC says that more fans need to understand technique (this would suggest that there aren't enough or a lot of these fans) then how is GSP such a big draw? He has tons of fans and is a big PPV draw. This would suggest that there are a lot of technical fans out there and I just do not think that is the case. I think he does what he does very well though. I'm just not a fan of it. But I'm not going to rag on him as a person.
I wasn't really attacking you Irish Pride I understand what you mean and I respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yawn, another GSP apologist who never even bothers to read any criticism of Georges and just automatically classifies anything short of mindless worship as hatred.
There's really no point arguing with you when it comes to GSP been there done that...
Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I wasn't really attacking you Irish Pride I understand what you mean and I respect that.
That's nice, Javi. Just because some of us aren't fans doesn't mean we can't appreciate what he's done, or appreciate the athlete that he is, and his skills. Hey, I was rooting for him in this one. When he had Diaz on the ground in the first, second, and third rounds, I was screaming at him, "Elbow him!"..."Knee him!"..."For the love of GOD, FINISH HIM!"

I did understand why he didn't want to stand with Nick, I saw it in the 3rd round when Nick managed to get some good shots off before Georges took him down. If Nick had managed to stay on his feet, I think he definitely would have been a threat with his striking. Maybe Georges next opponent won't be so easy to take down.

I'm hoping Dana gives the next shot to Johny Hendricks, but....
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post

There's really no point arguing with you when it comes to GSP been there done that...
Thanks I appreciate that.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Its just a silly comparison

I dont get paid to produce video blogs...neither do I ask any money from those who watch them...neither is it my employment.

I dont mind if people hate them, or dont watch them, that doesnt bother me.

Whereas GSP gets paid a shed load to put on entertaining fights, that is paid for, indirectly, by the viewer who pays his employer to view the entertaining fights...and its his main form of employment.

And he should care what people think, coz if they dont like him, his lifes work turns to shyte.

Whereas if people dont like my video blogs...well thats hardly my life and career down the toilet is it
Dave, you really gotta relax, man. He was making a JOKE! Jokes are, by their nature, supposed to be silly comparisons! Yes, we're aware you're not being paid. Yes, we're aware talking is different from fighting. But yes, y'all both tend to take 25min to finish something that coulda been done in 5!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
But yes, y'all both tend to take 25min to finish something that coulda been done in 5!
I love ya, Dave, but...

ROFLMAO!!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM

oh man .. just seeing some of these now .. dave .. as ben pointed out .. i was kidding man .. i understand the diff between you and gsp .. no hard feelings man .. was just playing ..
Old 03-26-2013, 01:34 AM
Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
GSP used to be fun to watch.......UNTIL he got KTFO by Matt Serra. After that fight, that's when the take down and lay fighting style really started IMO.
After that Serra fight, GSP has seemed really nervous when it somes to striking with pretty much anyone.
Very interested to see what happens in his next fight. Chances are very good he may end up on his back with the ref standing over him after a bomb from Hendricks.
I think that is a very good possibility as well! Hendricks is a bad match-up for GSP. He's a great wrestler with big KO power and when GSP gets tagged he doesn't recover that well if he can't get a hold of his opponent and hold them until he does. It doesn't take much to rock him either.

Can't wait for that one!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Crow View Post
I think that is a very good possibility as well! Hendricks is a bad match-up for GSP. He's a great wrestler with big KO power and when GSP gets tagged he doesn't recover that well if he can't get a hold of his opponent and hold them until he does. It doesn't take much to rock him either.

Can't wait for that one!
But can Hendricks stop the take down? Because if not we are in for another grinding session on the mat.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

GSP will be the villian in the new Capt America movie.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Crow View Post

Can't wait for that one!
Never understood where this comes from. He was knocked out by serra with a huge shot to the side of the head and then condit rocked him with a shin to the side of the head. Other than that I can honestly not think of a time where he has been in trouble from strikes.