Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Dennis Hallman?? Man, he is about as relevent as Jens Pulver is as a fighter ...... Matt will stifle Serra and out work him all night long
Old 03-28-2009, 09:27 PM
CAVEMAN

Hallman needs to lay off the Crack!
Old 03-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Hughes fanboy

Hmm...noticed that Hallman has beat Matt twice

Any chance Matt could get another shot (tho Hallman isn't UFC anymore-like with Royce)?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Chris F

This dude needs to pinch himself because he is in a dream world.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:52 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Hmm...noticed that Hallman has beat Matt twice

Any chance Matt could get another shot (tho Hallman isn't UFC anymore-like with Royce)?
what does matt have to gain by fighting a guy that beat him almost 10 years ago, Hallmans career fizzled, Matt's exploded....there is no reason matt should feel that he needs that fight to redeem himself, I think 9 belts is a good redeemer
Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
what does matt have to gain by fighting a guy that beat him almost 10 years ago, Hallmans career fizzled, Matt's exploded....there is no reason matt should feel that he needs that fight to redeem himself, I think 9 belts is a good redeemer
Agreed. However, if I were Hallman, I would bring that up as much as possible because that is dude's only shot for a real payday before he hangs it up.

As to his analysis of Hughes-Serra, it's like his victories - valid but dated. Hallman's basis of knowledge of Matt Hughes is a wrestler with limited sub defense skills/knowledge. That has changed to say the least (e.g. Matt out-grappling Royce freaking Gracie, etc.). Does Serra have a chance by lucky punch/sub - of course. But for Serra to win, he needs to fight perfectly AND Hughes to make a mistake. Hughes beats Serra with his C game, and seeing as he really doesn't like this guy, I'm guessing we see the best Matt Hughes possible and Serra is getting beat.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Hughes fanboy

[QUOTE=MMeh] Hallman's basis of knowledge of Matt Hughes is a wrestler with limited sub defense skills/knowledge. That has changed to say the least (e.g. Matt out-grappling Royce freaking Gracie, etc.). [QUOTE]Good points, all. But Hallman has won more fights using submissions (77%) than Matt has. And Hallman is still relevant because he is fighting and winning.

I think he'd prove himself a serious threat to Matt Hughes, but there's only one way to find out now (not that it will ever happen).
Old 03-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I think he'd prove himself a serious threat to Matt Hughes, but there's only one way to find out now (not that it will ever happen).
it goes something like this

Everyone should be treated as a serious threat...some people are...and some people are not
Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
it goes something like this

Everyone should be treated as a serious threat...some people are...and some people are not
2 defeats later I'd consider him a serious threat, sorry, I don't care how much better Matt has gotten since.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
2 defeats later I'd consider him a serious threat, sorry, I don't care how much better Matt has gotten since.
Like I said...everyone should be considered a serious threat...but in all honnesty, Neither person is going to be like they were ten years ago.

Dennis Hallman has pretty much been forgotten ever since...like BJ Penn at Welterweight his only claim to fame is beating Hughes. Whilst thats some accomplishment...it does in the case of Hallman appear to be about his only major one...and it was a very long time ago

Matt Hughes went on to be the most dominant and most long running Champion the following Decade...what has Hallman achieved in that time to make you think he is still a threat?

What calibre people is Hallman even fighting

Nine Titles changes someone. If they fought again, Hughes has that weight of knowledge behind him, all the knowledge of MFS at his disposal, all the knowledge from his own HIT Squad, Knowledge from two title reigns in the premier, and one of the most stacked divisions to boot, Knowledge of fighting the likes of Georges Saint Pierre, Baby Jay Penn, Royce Gracie, Sean Sherk, Frank Trigg (Scrap the latter for hardcore knowledge and settle with fun )

Hallman brings What to the table

I'm not out to be mean to Hallman. He is stuck in the past, he is one of the few to beat Hughes, from his perspective, anyone can beat Hughes, because he could....but he's ten years out dated...and Matt Serra is not BJ Penn, nor is he GSP

So...treat them ALL like serious threats, that way YOU dont make a mistake...but for the rest of the world...lets try and keep things in perspective