Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
TheConcretekid

Default Dennis Hallman: "Serra 1st Round KO Over Hughes"

MMA Fiend:

Quote:
Now obviously you have a history with Matt Hughes who is set to fight Matt Serra, how do you think that fight is going to go?

Um, I take Serra by submission. Or knockout. Serra starts hard, and Matt Hughes’ weakness is that you can cold-catch him. He’s like a freight train. If you let him get rolling then he keeps rolling and he’s hard to stop. But if you can take it to him you can catch him. And Serra’s a smart guy, he knows that by watching him. So he’s probably going to take it to Matt right off the bat, and it should be a first rounder for Serra.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Crisco

Little to much confidence in Serra. Still atleast it was a well thought out statement instead of "Serra by whatever he wants yada yada"

He gave a decent game plan but Hughes is 100% ready for that.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Little to much confidence in Serra. Still atleast it was a well thought out statement instead of "Serra by whatever he wants yada yada"

He gave a decent game plan but Hughes is 100% ready for that.
agreed, I absolutely think he's wrong, but at least he didn't come out bashing and junk like that
Old 03-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Preach

Matt is far from the same fighter he was when he faced Hallman... I think he has it wrong and also I would like to say I hope Serra comes out quick like that... Blow his wad then Hughes GNP from side mount all the fight
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
what would Dennis Hallman know
Old 03-27-2009, 08:22 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
what would Dennis Hallman know
He's still relevant in MMA, lets see his last fight was against a nobody in the pitiful March Badness. Then before that he tested positive for drostanolone and nandrolone, then before that he went 3-3 with losses coming from Jorge Rivera, a guy who was 6-5 in the IFL, and one from the very tough Euphoria-USA vs. Russia show.....

Edit: Just saw your sig and now it is my life goal to be described as Vampiric
Old 03-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
He's still relevant in MMA, lets see his last fight was against a nobody in the pitiful March Badness. Then before that he tested positive for drostanolone and nandrolone, then before that he went 3-3 with losses coming from Jorge Rivera, a guy who was 6-5 in the IFL, and one from the very tough Euphoria-USA vs. Russia show.....

Edit: Just saw your sig and now it is my life goal to be described as Vampiric
Has Dennis ever even fought Serra?

Its easy for Hallman to say anyone can beat Hughes, because from his perspective he is one of the very few who caught Hughes very early in his career....but that doesnt mean Serra can do it...Hallmans knowledge of Matt is what...nearly 10 years out of date??? His practical knowledge of Serra is...What?

Figures that whoever you ask Hallman of the question, who will beat Matt Hughes...Hallman always projects himself into the role of opponent. He won...why shouldnt they.

But it doesnt work like that Still, I hope it provides Serra some comfort...may he enjoy it like he would a "hearty meal...before tommorows execution"
Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Glad he has that much faith in Serra cuz we all know Matt can hold his own!!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
cheachea

I've siad it before, but man I hope Matt gets one last chance to destroy Hallman. We all know Hughes would completly destroy Hallman now.

Last edited by cheachea; 03-27-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 PM
ufcfan2

Im thinking this Dennis guy is trying to talk smack so he can be put back on the 'big boys' map and get a shot at Matt in the UFC or I could be a tad off on that assumption..