Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 AM

Default Dana White unhappy with Cpt. America

From mma fighting:

Quote:
When UFC President Dana White responded on Twitter to a fan asking about Hall of Famer Randy Couture jumping ship and signing a broadcast deal with Spike TV with a simple, "I love it," it was hard to decipher if White was genuinely happy for his former champ or just laying the sarcasm on thick. And it turns out, neither option was entirely correct.

Meeting with the media at UFC 156's Press Day, White was asked for his thoughts on Couture's surprising departure. As is often the case, the UFC boss eschewed a diplomatic answer in his response. But instead of telling you, I'll let you listen below.

White later elaborated on his feelings toward Couture with our own Ariel Helwani, and suffice to say, it wasn't a glowing endorsement. But then again, who didn't expect that? (None of you should be raising your hands right now.)
Here's Ariel's tweet after Dana got the news:

Quote:
Ariel Helwani✔ @arielhelwani

Dana says he's happy to never be in business with Randy Couture again. "He's the furthest thing from Captain America."

11:24 PM - 31 Jan 13

134 Retweets 18 favorites
Sour grapes, anyone? Bas and Kenny seemed to think that was the case tonight.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
From mma fighting:

Sour grapes? I don't know. This is a hard one because none of us really know Randy Couture in person. Some of the things that Dana said made sense in that I could see them happening. Whether it's the truth I don't know.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
I don't think there are sour grapes. As a fighter, Randy was Captain America. As a person, I don't think he is. I don't know how he is as a person, but I do know that he cheated on every woman he was married to. That brings him down in my book.

Also, Inside MMA is the worst show. Kenny is awful. And if you watched it last night (Friday) did you see that they used Big Nog highlights when they should have been using Lil Nog?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post

Also, Inside MMA is the worst show. Kenny is awful. And if you watched it last night (Friday) did you see that they used Big Nog highlights when they should have been using Lil Nog?
I like the show! I must be lame.

No, I only saw the bit about Randy, that's what caught my attention. But that's pretty embarrassing to use the wrong video tape (although I will admit that I can only tell them apart by the scar on big Nog's back).

I know Randy is a serial cheater, so he's cheated on his current wife as well, Kevin? Irregardless, I don't think Dana's comments were directed at his sex life.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
And if you watched it last night (Friday) did you see that they used Big Nog highlights when they should have been using Lil Nog?
Wow, that's beyond lame!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
From mma fighting:

Okay, after watching the video of what Dana said to Ariel, I don't think it's sour grapes in this instance. If Randy quit on his contract before fulfilling it to take this other job, I can't fault Dana for any negative comments on that, and what does that say about Randy? He seems to have trouble with his commitments, both personal and professional, remember this isn't the first time he's done this while in contract to the UFC--wasn't he still in contract when he quit that other time before eventually coming back? I just think the serial cheating and quiting on his contracts is a pattern with him, and reflects on his character as a person.

I take nothing away from Randy's fighting accomplishments, but I think it's fair to say he's proven his lack of trustworthiness when it comes to keeping commitments he's made.

Quote:
I don't think there are sour grapes. As a fighter, Randy was Captain America. As a person, I don't think he is. I don't know how he is as a person, but I do know that he cheated on every woman he was married to. That brings him down in my book.

I agree. We cheer the greatness of athletes but they might be total *holes and s where it really counts as a person.

Btw, I'm curious, you obviously watched the show!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:

No, I only saw the bit about Randy, that's what caught my attention. But that's pretty embarrassing to use the wrong video tape (although I will admit that I can only tell them apart by the scar on big Nog's back).

I know Randy is a serial cheater, so he's cheated on his current wife as well, Kevin? Irregardless, I don't think Dana's comments were directed at his sex life.
I like it too! Kevin must still be watching it too!

Is Randy currently married?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:

They showed clips of Big Nog fighting Randy and also Brendan Schaub, to me it was pretty easy to know that they had the wrong footage.

I don't know who Randy is married to now, but I am pretty sure that he cheated on Kim.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I like it too! Kevin must still be watching it too!
I DVR it and skip through a majority of the show I just can't stand Kenny Rice. He doesn't seem to know anything and just makes it awkward. I just figure he is related to the owner of the network
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
I DVR it and skip through a majority of the show I just can't stand Kenny Rice. He doesn't seem to know anything and just makes it awkward. I just figure he is related to the owner of the network
I warmed up to Kenny eventually because he reminds me so much of SNL's Jim Bruer doing Joe Pesci. Watch it and tell me I'm wrong!!!

Yeah, I was going to tease you too since you obviously watched the show.

If it's true that Randy abandoned his contract then I wouldn't blame Dana for being so angry. I haven't heard Randy's side of it yet.