Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Black Mamba

Buentello/Sidelnikov

I was disappointed in Sidelniko. If you're going to be called "Baby Fedor" than you better bring it to the table. Buentello did look good though.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Black Mamba

One of the fights I was looking forward to the most: Babalu/Sokoudjou

Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Black Mamba

Lighting was horrible for this, but was one of the most brutal KOs of the night: Belfort/Linland. This got KTFO so bad, his legs were twitching.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Black Mamba

Next up was Michelle's bf Barnett and Yvel. This was a very exciting HW match and I likey. I thought a few times that Yvel was going to end up KOing Barnett from the bottom, he had some mean punches from that postion.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Black Mamba

Annnnnnnd now! The main event of the night..............Fedor/Arlovski

It got really loud in there at this point.

I have to admit, part of me felt like Arlovski had it in him to take Fedor's belt. He was taking it to him until he decided to get fancy with that flying punch. Fedor delievered a nice punch that knocked him the beep out. Not as brutal as Linland but he was out.

Now the KO came so fast, I wasn't able to get a shot of it.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Stump Rules!

And I'm sure he'll love his new name "Michelle's bf Barnett"

[QUOTE=Black Mamba]Next up was Michelle's bf Barnett and Yvel. This was a very exciting HW match and I likey. I thought a few times that Yvel was going to end up KOing Barnett from the bottom, he had some mean punches from that postion.

/QUOTE]

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Stump Rules!

Looks like you had a lot of fun Danelle. I'm sure your Dad did to? Hopefully I'll be able to make Vegas in May

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Black Mamba

Default Conclusion

Overall this was an awesome card. I really looking forward to another Affliction card. They are starting to improve their quality of production and are even giving out cards with the fighters on it ( I got cards of Fedor, Yvel, and two others that I can't remember), and an M-1 Global magazine.

If Affliction can start having autograph sessions and Q&As like the UFC, then the UFC better watch out. Affliction still has room for improvemnt, but after going to 2 of their events, they are on the right track. So WAR AFFLICTION!

I hope yall have enjoyed this tale and pictures, and hopefully the next event my Dad and I will be going to is Serra/Hughes. If not, then Mir/Lesnar 2 if it isn't on the same card.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Black Mamba

[QUOTE=MattHughesRocks]And I'm sure he'll love his new name "Michelle's bf Barnett"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba
Next up was Michelle's bf Barnett and Yvel. This was a very exciting HW match and I likey. I thought a few times that Yvel was going to end up KOing Barnett from the bottom, he had some mean punches from that postion.

/QUOTE]
I had to put that in there. I had shoot of him standing in his corner for you, but it didn't come out that good.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Black Mamba

One other thing I forgot to mention, Affliction does have some cool event shirts too.

http://www.afflictionclothingstore.c...oducts_id=1393

Although the UFC's event shirts are $25, I'm willing to pay an extra $7 for shirts like those.