Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
mcdadeink

Default A lost note

you know whats sad about this world around us? the way people live there life like you and me. God says we were all put here for a purpose and that one day we will find our way. Whos to say that my purpose is just simply a fall back or a guide? i help people all day long, give info on how i think they should fix there lifes, but yet i render on how i should fix my own. I know i will never be somthing great or even be a cast in the worlds eye. i will never be a superstar or be anything i ever dreamed of.. im simply a pawn that wont last...just like most people these days. I live and lie simply for my mother and the fact that she is someone...someone that represents that someone can survive in this cruel world... she says i have been her ROCK all these years...well the truth is she has been mine. its like that song simple man.. i am who i am and i can not change that. i will always live my life second class and on the edge of being a nobody, but yet i will do what i can to change what i can..... i am what i am... a nobody bet yet a somebody.. remember that the light will always shine on everybody a little diff. but its up to the people to choose how bright that light shines... i am just but yet a simple man...just trying to survive...my heart is strong and my will is untested...... i will always be here for my mother and everyone who cares for what i am... i am someone that will be here for the most unworthy friends...one that would give his own life 4 a stranger...or be there for the worst friend ever....THATS WHO I AM... THE ONE TO LEAN ON..TO FALL ON...ill be there at the end............................................... .................................................. .

Tee Jay
Old 03-27-2009, 02:06 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdadeink
you know whats sad about this world around us? the way people live there life like you and me. God says we were all put here for a purpose and that one day we will find our way. Whos to say that my purpose is just simply a fall back or a guide? i help people all day long, give info on how i think they should fix there lifes, but yet i render on how i should fix my own. I know i will never be somthing great or even be a cast in the worlds eye. i will never be a superstar or be anything i ever dreamed of.. im simply a pawn that wont last...just like most people these days. I live and lie simply for my mother and the fact that she is someone...someone that represents that someone can survive in this cruel world... she says i have been her ROCK all these years...well the truth is she has been mine. its like that song simple man.. i am who i am and i can not change that. i will always live my life second class and on the edge of being a nobody, but yet i will do what i can to change what i can..... i am what i am... a nobody bet yet a somebody.. remember that the light will always shine on everybody a little diff. but its up to the people to choose how bright that light shines... i am just but yet a simple man...just trying to survive...my heart is strong and my will is untested...... i will always be here for my mother and everyone who cares for what i am... i am someone that will be here for the most unworthy friends...one that would give his own life 4 a stranger...or be there for the worst friend ever....THATS WHO I AM... THE ONE TO LEAN ON..TO FALL ON...ill be there at the end............................................... .................................................. .

Tee Jay
Well, I think we all have a purpose and God knows what He put you here for ... i am sure you have been fulfilling what He put you here for ... You seem down, so hopefully you realize your worth in this world ... and in the end, you will be rewarded for it .........
Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Preach

God Bless you
Old 03-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdadeink

Tee Jay
You are who you are and sometimes simplicity is the best. The people in your life are blessed to have you...You have what a lot of people don't and thats loyalty and admiration I can tell just by reading your post. You are serving others with a kind heart and no expectations. I commend you and even though I don't know you.... you managed to touch my heart this morning... God bless you and all around you...
Old 03-27-2009, 02:27 PM
mcdadeink

thanks..i wrote this note to my now SOON TO BE WIFE when we seperated for a few months and i lost my job and then i was put in the hospital for a possible stroke at the ripe age of 23 and so on so on.... and she kept it!! and now every time i read it, it just amps me up! Makes me strive for more in life, for more of life. I cant believe i wrote something so deep, hmm beautiful, and to me inspiring in some ways. Body and mind ive been through so much abuse and i still try to wake every day with a smile. Especially after reading this again

Last edited by mcdadeink; 03-27-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:48 PM
mikthehick

You hit the nail right there on the head buddy....I just got done with a class on counseling techniques, and we had to talk about a problem from our childhood.

I was verbally abused really bad by a pastor from a church when I was 6 and 7 years old. It still is really hard to me to trust people I don't know anymore.

This past month has been really brutal with the way people have been judging my life, my singleness, my jobs, and the way I balance everything.

I've even been called "crazy" and "incapable", those are exact and direct quotes. What people don't understand is we are all different in this quilt called life. We've all been through tough time and crappy stuff, from the soldiers who fight in wars, to the kids who are sexually and verbally and physically abused, to the marriages that fall apart before our eyes.

People need to realize that we shouldn't judge a situation until we've walked in that person's shoes. I was in a hospital neurology wing for 2 weeks getting pumped with 15 different sorts of medication and vitamins. I lost everything I had worked for, including my college admission, 3 years into it. I had to reapply for everything, and in the end, succeeded and beat all the odds against me. My mom said I almost died one night while being in a coma.

They say you can only go up when you've reached rock bottom. I'm not sure what you can define as rock bottom, but not having cognitive control of your body is pretty damn close in my opinion. When I'm done with my counseling PhD, I think this will make me an effective counselor.

I definitely think we are at our best when we are broken and humbled before our God, this is when he sees the light in us. I try to keep in mind “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1). One day when we leave this earth, we will have to stand before Him. I can honestly say that I'm SO far from perfect its not funny, and I almost never 'have it all together'. I may seem crazy at times, but since 'normal' is impossible to define, why not have fun in life when it's appropriate.

Anyway, not to drone on, but that's the truth. Thanks for posting that TJ, it really helped me today
Old 03-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Crisco

When life is down on you and you need that pick me this verse always does it for me.

I believe it is 1 Cor 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

The jist of it is God will never give you more then handle so stay strong and you will persevere.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:01 PM
mcdadeink

mikethehick, crisco...thanks guys...i just wanted to share this with you guys
Old 03-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
You hit the nail right there on the head buddy....I just got done with a class on counseling techniques, and we had to talk about a problem from our childhood.

I was verbally abused really bad by a pastor from a church when I was 6 and 7 years old. It still is really hard to me to trust people I don't know anymore.

This past month has been really brutal with the way people have been judging my life, my singleness, my jobs, and the way I balance everything.

I've even been called "crazy" and "incapable", those are exact and direct quotes. What people don't understand is we are all different in this quilt called life. We've all been through tough time and crappy stuff, from the soldiers who fight in wars, to the kids who are sexually and verbally and physically abused, to the marriages that fall apart before our eyes.

People need to realize that we shouldn't judge a situation until we've walked in that person's shoes. I was in a hospital neurology wing for 2 weeks getting pumped with 15 different sorts of medication and vitamins. I lost everything I had worked for, including my college admission, 3 years into it. I had to reapply for everything, and in the end, succeeded and beat all the odds against me. My mom said I almost died one night while being in a coma.

They say you can only go up when you've reached rock bottom. I'm not sure what you can define as rock bottom, but not having cognitive control of your body is pretty damn close in my opinion. When I'm done with my counseling PhD, I think this will make me an effective counselor.

I definitely think we are at our best when we are broken and humbled before our God, this is when he sees the light in us. I try to keep in mind “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1). One day when we leave this earth, we will have to stand before Him. I can honestly say that I'm SO far from perfect its not funny, and I almost never 'have it all together'. I may seem crazy at times, but since 'normal' is impossible to define, why not have fun in life when it's appropriate.

Anyway, not to drone on, but that's the truth. Thanks for posting that TJ, it really helped me today
Kimmy when the world is like that to you just log into the forum cause you know we all love you here.. Especially me.. I too have been looked down upon a lot, but its ok cause everything I do its with a pure heart.. Love u gal...
Old 03-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Miss Foxy

THE STUMP

A father tells his son that it is time that he becomes responsible as a man.
His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him alone. He
is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not remove the blindfold
until the rays of the morning sun shine through it. He cannot cry out for
help to anyone.

Once he survives the night, he is a man. He cannot tell the other
boys of this experience, because each lad must come into manhood on his
own. The boy is naturally terrified. He can hear all kinds of noises. Wild
beasts must surely be all around him. Maybe even some human might do him
harm.

The wind blew the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat there,
never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could become a man...
Finally, after a horrific night, the sun appeared and he removed his
blindfold. It was then that he discovered his father sitting on the stump
next to him.

He had been at watch the entire night, protecting his son from harm.
We, too, are never alone. Even when we don't know it, our Heavenly Father is
watching over us, sitting on the stump beside us. When trouble comes, all
we have to do is reach out to Him.

Moral of the story? Just because you can't see God, doesn't mean He is not
there.

'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' (2 Corinthians 5:7)