Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-27-2013, 02:43 AM

my thoughts-

did chael call dodson a nerd?

the hand on the floor rule is lame, but you would think that you could kick it or step on it or something, then knee them

i was rooting for DJ but i had a LOT of respect for dodsen by the end of the fight, he's a good kid

i think i saw mark cageside, but might have been matt
Old 01-27-2013, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
my thoughts-

did chael call dodson a nerd?

the hand on the floor rule is lame, but you would think that you could kick it or step on it or something, then knee them

i was rooting for DJ but i had a LOT of respect for dodsen by the end of the fight, he's a good kid

i think i saw mark cageside, but might have been matt
Well, I think he said, "Nerds out there...", but I guess it's the same thing as calling him a nerd. I did wonder why he said that? As for that rule, how are they supposed to know when someone puts their hand down unless they happen to see it? It just seems a little unfair.

I saw when they showed Matt, but I didn't see who was around him...if Mark was there(?).
Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I get home from work (late) and fly to the TV to watch the fights TV says " and now....some post fight local news"

I miss everything
Awwww, sorry! I wondered if you were watching. Are you a 49ers fan? If so, that's something to look forward to...if you don't miss it!

Last edited by Bonnie; 01-27-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well, I think he said, "Nerds out there...", but I guess it's the same thing as calling him a nerd. I did wonder why he said that? As for that rule, how are they supposed to know when someone puts their hand down unless they happen to see it? It just seems a little unfair.

I saw when they showed Matt, but I didn't see who was around him...if Mark was there(?).
oh, i didn't see a closeup, so i guess it was, i just saw either matt or mark outside the ring while they were showing fights

i agree, it's difficult to know when a hand is down, but of course if they have both hands on your arm you would know, or if they aren't bent all the way over
after the stoppage though, i could hear big john telling dj to watch it whenever dodsen put his hand down, so it was almost a heads up type of thing
Old 01-27-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
WOW

round 2--- "Rampage throws a wild body •••• and it mostly lands, but he's breathing hard and backing up"

sounds pretty crazy in there! nobody likes getting hit with one of those!! they're nasty!
Quote:
wonder who teaches that move? i've never been in a fight in my entire life but if i am, that's what i'm gonna throw
I didn't even notice that! What exactly is a "wild body ••••"?
Old 01-27-2013, 03:23 AM

Quote:
oh, i didn't see a closeup, so i guess it was, i just saw either matt or mark outside the ring while they were showing fights

i agree, it's difficult to know when a hand is down, but of course if they have both hands on your arm you would know, or if they aren't bent all the way over
after the stoppage though, i could hear big john telling dj to watch it whenever dodsen put his hand down, so it was almost a heads up type of thing
Oh, I must have missed Big John's warning to DJ. I'm glad Big John was in there for that fight, another referee might have deducted a point possibly costing DJ the fight.

Btw, I didn't see the Mike Russow/Shawn Jordan fight...did they show it? I went and looked it up, Shawn Jordan won.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Clay's mustache is really creepy.

~Amy

I love these Spoiler Threads. they are always the best
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ooooh, that TJ Grant finishes ala Jon Jones with those elbows!

Did y'all see that slo-mo replay of the elbow to the head and then blood squirts out of Wiman's nose! I thought Amy might like that!
I wanna see a pic of the cut! With UFC being on Fox, I probably won't get to see the cuts on tv. I'll have to wait for Ben to post a pic for me.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-27-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I wanna see a pic of the cut! With UFC being on Fox, I probably won't get to see the cuts on tv. I'll have to wait for Ben to post a pic for me.

~Amy
I don't think Wiman had a cut, but Erik Koch got sliced by Lamas' elbow. Maybe Ben can find a pic of that one!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I don't think Wiman had a cut, but Erik Koch got sliced by Lamas' elbow. Maybe Ben can find a pic of that one!
That cut isnt as bad in real life as it looked like. I'm glad to say his eye is okay