Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 AM

Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping

Round 1:
Dan Miragliotta is the referee. Belfort opens southpaw, Bisping in orthodox stance. Bisping doing all the stalking in the first minute. Head kick from Belfort is blocked. Neither has really landed anything effective thus far, but Bisping throwing more. Bisping lands a left, but it's not too hard. Bisping lands a partial right, but eats an uppercut. Jab from Bisping. And another. Left hand and middle kick from Belfort finds the mark. Right straight and a head kick from Belfort also lands. And now a knee to the middle.

MMA Fighting scores this round 10-9 Belfort

Round 2:
Bisping is bleeding from the nose and the left high kick drops Bisping again. This time a few more punches does the trick and the fight is stopped. Vitor is your winner.

Vitor Belfort def. Michael Bisping via TKO (strikes) at of round 2

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Sorry I got here a little late for the party Flo...though you seem to be having a good enough time all of your own

I am a bit puzzled by the Nobre match...I did see two strikes to the back of the head, BUT they were when he was warned, NOT when the fight was called. I also dont understand how sometimes when these things happens its a disqualification, and sometimes its only a no contest...I happen to think that Nobre wasnt faking not being able to get up.,..but that the damage came from the ear blows...lets not forget its inside the ear, NOT inside the brain stem, that ballence is controlled from. IMHO it should have been a Tko Victory for Alcantara...especially considering the earlier low blow.

As for Bisping...THE thinkg I pointed out on my predictions video is that the ONLY people to have ever beaten Vitor Belfort are Champions, who have defended their belts. THAT is the level you have to be. Having said that I was dissapointed they spent so much time dancing around in the first, I'm dissapointed with the vitor belfort eye poke...and im dissapointed the finish wasnt after a proper domination. There are some who would argue that had the fight not ended with a wayward high kick of some sort...the match could easily have gone into Bispings favour....had the same happened at the start of the third round after a dominating second round for Vitor I think the damage of the loss would be more permanent with regards to any title shot.

I like Khabib Nurmagomedov, but wished he hadnt spent so much time dancing around at the start...I also dont think ive EVER seen Diego Nunes look so bad...Nik Lentz should have tried harder and got a finish

Thanks for making this thread though Flo
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Sorry I got here a little late for the party Flo...though you seem to be having a good enough time all of your own

I am a bit puzzled by the Nobre match...I did see two strikes to the back of the head, BUT they were when he was warned, NOT when the fight was called. I also dont understand how sometimes when these things happens its a disqualification, and sometimes its only a no contest...I happen to think that Nobre wasnt faking not being able to get up.,..but that the damage came from the ear blows...lets not forget its inside the ear, NOT inside the brain stem, that ballence is controlled from. IMHO it should have been a Tko Victory for Alcantara...especially considering the earlier low blow.

As for Bisping...THE thinkg I pointed out on my predictions video is that the ONLY people to have ever beaten Vitor Belfort are Champions, who have defended their belts. THAT is the level you have to be. Having said that I was dissapointed they spent so much time dancing around in the first, I'm dissapointed with the vitor belfort eye poke...and im dissapointed the finish wasnt after a proper domination. There are some who would argue that had the fight not ended with a wayward high kick of some sort...the match could easily have gone into Bispings favour....had the same happened at the start of the third round after a dominating second round for Vitor I think the damage of the loss would be more permanent with regards to any title shot.

I like Khabib Nurmagomedov, but wished he hadnt spent so much time dancing around at the start...I also dont think ive EVER seen Diego Nunes look so bad...Nik Lentz should have tried harder and got a finish

Thanks for making this thread though Flo
Oh sure, Dave! Yeah, I think I was the only one here last night!!!

I wondered about disqualification vs. no contest as well. Good analysis, I saw it much the same. I don't know why Nik couldn't finish, Nunes *did* look ineffective although he got a flurry or good strikes in at the end of the 2nd round, IIRC. It was just boring, I wandered off during the third round to do something else.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Oh sure, Dave! Yeah, I think I was the only one here last night!!!

I wondered about disqualification vs. no contest as well. Good analysis, I saw it much the same. I don't know why Nik couldn't finish, Nunes *did* look ineffective although he got a flurry or good strikes in at the end of the 2nd round, IIRC. It was just boring, I wandered off during the third round to do something else.

I only made it part way through the second before I moved onto a different fight...I'd seen enough, and read the write up anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgkCjyXXNHc

Here is my recap video
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM

good night of fights .. i don't think nobre is going to get another fight in the ufc after what he pulled .... i hope he doesn't ..

if i were a bisping fan, i'd be ready to hang myself .. LOL .. ok .. kidding ... i think he fits the perfect definition of gate keeper!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
I didn't see any direct strikes to the back of his head. I mean, Nobre survived that armbar attempt, WTH? I think he knew he was beat and took advantage of Mergliotta warning Alcantara about the back of the head strikes.

Well, Dana agrees with me.
I think Nobre's been training with Osh Kosh

Old 01-21-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
good night of fights .. i don't think nobre is going to get another fight in the ufc after what he pulled .... i hope he doesn't ..

if i were a bisping fan, i'd be ready to hang myself .. LOL .. ok .. kidding ... i think he fits the perfect definition of gate keeper!
Agreed and agreed. I doubt Dana will be interested in keeping Nobre around. Bisping will be another Guida or Jardine; I would have loved to see him face Anderson though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think Nobre's been training with Osh Kosh

Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Agreed and agreed. I doubt Dana will be interested in keeping Nobre around. Bisping will be another Guida or Jardine; I would have loved to see him face Anderson though.

i can see them giving bisping someone like belcher or palhares ... anderson would destroy him .. he doesn't want that!