Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-09-2013, 07:24 PM

Wow, those are both great links, thanks for posting them, Tennessean. I think that pepper blaster is awesome, especially for people who aren't comfortable carrying.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I would carry pepper spray (not mace). They make a kind that is specifically for wild animals/dogs. Usually the regular kind will work as well. You can put it in a jacket pocket, stick it in the edge of sports bra or get necklace with a clip-on thing. Make sure you can unclip it quickly or get a pull-string clip-on so you can pull it away from you before spraying.

If a dog is attacking your child he is up close and personal. I would be afraid to fire a gun that close to my child. If pepper spray gets on your child then you can flush the eyes with water and you can apply whole milk to any skin that is irritated. Don't rub irritated skin. Flush first and when the burning stops then you can get in the shower to wash.

And on dogs you have to hit the nostrils (pretty small target) or the eyes. I would start out spraying at the eyes and move it down towards nose. It should start to work in 3-5 seconds. When he lets go of your child, kick him like your a football star. lol

Nice pointers.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the website Tenn and all the tips guys and gals. I was thinking shoulder holster too for the cool weather when i can wear a light jacket. i feel like a dork taking a gun with me. if i go by myself i don't but when the kids are with me i feel like i must be able to protect them. i was raised thinking a gun means protection and it's hard to kick that thought. i do have pepper spray for animals.

I'm thinking of upgrading my pistol and getting a smith field armorny XD compact. you guys see these yet? my hubby has the regular size one and his man hands are too big for the compact but it fits my hands soooo good. it just hurts my wallet thinking about it.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Patrick Miletich says that in New York the Government has already begun to take guns away from their owners...even guns where the people have already got permits for use.

Apparently, they've changed their mind having issued liscences for shotguns...they have now declaired that shotguns are banned

Now I can understand them having a ban on further distribution...I can understand them not allowing everyone to have lisences...but I cant understand how they can change their minds, and then conviscate legally owned property....I mean...that would be like granting planning permission to someone, and having had them built it...and then ten years later tell them that they dont allow extentions anymore, and demanding the addition be removed.

I am not totally sold on firearms...but I dont understand why they seem to be persecuting people for having them now, when they told them earlier it was alright to have them.

if you dont want them, you shouldnt have given them permission in the first place. Now it looks like they are stealing personal possessions of people
Old 12-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Hailey's Dad

NY passed a law banning anything that would hold more than 5 cartridges (bullets). That is the majority of firearms. So now, they're telling everyone in NY that if they have a firearm capable of carrying more than 5, they have to turn it in.

Total bull•••• and a severe violation of the 2nd amendment.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
NY passed a law banning anything that would hold more than 5 cartridges (bullets). That is the majority of firearms. So now, they're telling everyone in NY that if they have a firearm capable of carrying more than 5, they have to turn it in.

they can still bear arms right?
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

But if you spent money buying something bigger then 5 cartridges, and it was legal when you bought it...then WTF are they going to do...give you a refund for all the money that you've shelled out (pardon the pun )

I can understand them changing the law, to stop anymore being sold...but how can you pass a law that TAKES AWAY WHAT YOU GAVE OUT FROM THOSE YOU'VE ALREADY GIVEN IT OUT TO?

Thats like telling Motorists that they've decided to ban all motorbikes in the city, and you have to go "turn it in"

Never mind your view on firearms, or on the constitution...I dont know how they can even produce a law like that...and I come from a "Common Law" system where the CAN reverse a law...but it comes into effect from the time its done, onwards on 99% of cases.

I would expect the ban only to be upheld by those in the future who want to buy one...not those in the past...they are surely an exception, by the bloody law that gave them that right in the first place
Old 12-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
they can still bear arms right?
Cap-Gun anyone

Dont even revolvers have like more then five slotts on them?

For the first time I am wondering if this burrying guns thing...is actually not just a conspiracy
Old 12-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Hailey's Dad

There are some revolvers that only hold 5 but most guns have the capacity for more. It's a stupid law that gives much more power to the criminals. They feel very empowered when they know they won't be outgunned by the civilians they're planning to rob.

NJ is already pretty bad with their gun laws, but if they passed a law like that, I would seriously make plans to move. At the very least I'd move to Pennsylvania and have a long commute to work.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
There are some revolvers that only hold 5 but most guns have the capacity for more. It's a stupid law that gives much more power to the criminals. They feel very empowered when they know they won't be outgunned by the civilians they're planning to rob.

NJ is already pretty bad with their gun laws, but if they passed a law like that, I would seriously make plans to move. At the very least I'd move to Pennsylvania and have a long commute to work.
Supposing you lived in New York...and New Jersey allowed the firearms in question. Could you not buy a lil pea shooter for yourself in New York and consign all your others to some type of safety deposit box in New Jersey?

I mean...if you have a liscence for them, but they are not allowed in a certain place...all you have to do is make sure your guns are not in that place...you dont need to get rid of them. Merely place them in a jurisdiction where they are alright...no?

Then if ever things got REALLY bad...like apokolyptic...you could simply go retrive, and ressurect your entire arsenal...?

I mean...that would be legal both ways...no? Legal storage during times of peace, and Legal use during times of war, if the Government ever outright ban all firearms, permanently, everywhere?

You know...burrying is fine if you can...but we dont all live in the Mid-West now do we