Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Default Fun date ideas for hubby

I'm getting to the very end of the twin pregnancy and my husband actually has some real free time this weekend. I'd love to do a surprise date day for him since when the babes arrive, we'll be covered in poo and spit up for several months. We have to be VERY conservative with money and I can't stand or walk for any real length of time. I'm looking for ideas from all you men (and really cool women) to make his weekend memorable. (keep it clean, please.... )

Ideas I've had:
1) picnic-weather is supposed to be really nice this weekend
2) seeing Thor (we both have wanted to see it but haven't had a chance)
3) grilling out for him
4) Challenge him to video games/card games/etc

I need ideas for romance and fun but in a guy way. He's really been very supportive of me and my needs to grow our babies as healthy as possible. It looks like I'll make it full term and deliver by c/section on Jan 3rd. It was iffy there for a while and it's been hard on both of us. There have been many weeks where the only time I've been able to get out of the house is to make it to church. Now that we're near the end of this, I really want to thank him and pamper him with my attention.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Hailey's Dad

#2 with your head "resting" in his lap. That's what he really wants.

That's the cleanest way I can say it.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:31 PM

he sounds like a nice guy .. and he would probably wouldn't mind doing any of the things you listed ... (i'd be happy with any of them) so i'd say, before the madness begins with the twins, do one of those things ... movies are great ... and then set up a night at the house for him and his buddies to watch a game and play some poker, order some pizza or wings or whatever and just let him have the house for the night as it would be probably a while before he can hold one of them at the house ... just an option ..
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

Hmmm...sounds more like a tip for inducing early labor, that really would define "surprise and memorable"!

I can see it now: <Everyone asking excitedly, "Amy, where were you when you went into labor...what were you doing?">

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-20-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

He's not deprived. I'm one of THOSE pregnant women. I love my husband and he knows it.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
he sounds like a nice guy .. and he would probably wouldn't mind doing any of the things you listed ... (i'd be happy with any of them) so i'd say, before the madness begins with the twins, do one of those things ... movies are great ... and then set up a night at the house for him and his buddies to watch a game and play some poker, order some pizza or wings or whatever and just let him have the house for the night as it would be probably a while before he can hold one of them at the house ... just an option ..

Great idea! I'll have to seat up something like that for him next Saturday. Today we ended up seeing Anchorman 2. It was ok but it was the first movie we've seen in a theater in many months. We also went out for dinner with a coupon I had. Not sure what we'll do tomorrow.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hmmm...sounds more like a tip for inducing early labor, that really would define "surprise and memorable"!

I can see it now: <Everyone asking excitedly, "Amy, where were you when you went into labor...what were you doing?">
Anything to get labor started would be welcome right now!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I'm getting to the very end of the twin pregnancy and my husband actually has some real free time this weekend. I'd love to do a surprise date day for him since when the babes arrive, we'll be covered in poo and spit up for several months. We have to be VERY conservative with money and I can't stand or walk for any real length of time. I'm looking for ideas from all you men (and really cool women) to make his weekend memorable. (keep it clean, please.... )

Ideas I've had:
1) picnic-weather is supposed to be really nice this weekend
2) seeing Thor (we both have wanted to see it but haven't had a chance)
3) grilling out for him
4) Challenge him to video games/card games/etc

I need ideas for romance and fun but in a guy way. He's really been very supportive of me and my needs to grow our babies as healthy as possible. It looks like I'll make it full term and deliver by c/section on Jan 3rd. It was iffy there for a while and it's been hard on both of us. There have been many weeks where the only time I've been able to get out of the house is to make it to church. Now that we're near the end of this, I really want to thank him and pamper him with my attention.

~Amy
Movie and dinner...

Honestly though, if it were me (as the man of course), the time together for me would be to pamper you. That's how it was for my wife and me before she gave birth to our twins on Apr. 10, 2001.

He might be thinking the same thing you are...
Old 12-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah F34R, that's what he has been doing. He has just really bent over backwards trying to make my life easy and pamper me. It's been really sweet. I just can't believe this is our last weekend to be completely just us. My teens come next weekend to have Christmas vacation and then the babies will be here. It'll be very cool to see my husband holding our babies for the first time. I may cry like a little girl...

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-26-2013, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Yeah F34R, that's what he has been doing. He has just really bent over backwards trying to make my life easy and pamper me. It's been really sweet. I just can't believe this is our last weekend to be completely just us. My teens come next weekend to have Christmas vacation and then the babies will be here. It'll be very cool to see my husband holding our babies for the first time. I may cry like a little girl...

~Amy
That's just how I am with my wife, and kids for that matter. Do everything I can to make them happy; even if it doesn't lol.

That drives me to a place that makes me feel so good. Not one of them, wife or kids, should have to do anything for me to try and make me happy. I have God, a wife, and three kids. That's all I need. God lets me do things for them, and for that I'm thankful for.

I hope that sounds right. I'm having some word finding difficulty.