Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Stump Rules!

AHAHAHA!!! I don't like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Tim Boetsch vs. Costa Philippou

Costa Philippou def. Tim Boetsch at via TKO at 2:11 of round three.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 12-30-2012, 04:07 AM

Joe Lauzon vs. Jim Miller

Round 1:
Miller comes out swinging, throwing punches in bunches. Another combo has Lauzon covering up. Miller throws a kick. Connects again with a series of punches. Miller backs Lauzon up along the fence. Miller with a knee. Lauzon with a front kick and a standing elbow. MIller wobbles Lauzon with a punch and a knee. He's cut Lauzon bad. He gets a standing guillotine, But Lauzon works his way out of it. Refree Yves Levigne calls timeout, as the ref checks his cut. Back to action. Miller ferocious with his combos. Lauzon goes for a takedown and doesn't get it. Miller with a head kick. Lauzon is cut open something fierce. All Miller's strikes are crisp. One minute left. Miller using Lauzon for target practice, but Lauzon is coming after mMiller in the closing seconds. Huge ovation from the crowd.

Round 2:
Lauzon raises his hands to the crowd before the round and gets a huge cheer. Miller scores a takedown. Lauzon goes to work looking for a submission, but all the blood isn't going to help his cause.Lauzon tries to throw Miller off him, but can't. Lauzon evades what would have been a nasty elbow. Midway through, Lauzon has Miller's right leg tied up. Lauzon manages to reverse position, eliciting a cheer from the crowd. Levigne calls for a timeout, as the tape on Lauzon's glove has come undone. Restart from the same position. Miller is trying to work a triangle from the bottom. Lauzon scoops Miller up and slams him. Lauzon catches Miller in a kneebar in the closing seconds, but Miller escapes. Another huge cheer from the crowd.

Round 3:
Miller drops Lauzon in the opening minute. Lauzon tries to goad him to the ground, but it doesn't work. Lavigne stands Lauzon back up. Lauzon now has a cut over his left eye. The round's second minute is basically a standup stalemate. Lauzon with a standing elbow and a big left hand. Miller starting to get the better of the standup, effectively landing single shots. Final minute. With 30 seconds left, Lauzon goes for a heel hook, Miller slips out, and Lauzon goes for a choke as time runs out. We have a late Fight of the Year candidate.

Jim Miller def. Joe Lauzon via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Fantastic fight, both guys are such warriors, wow!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-30-2012, 04:51 AM

Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez

Round 1:
Velasquez pushes toward dos Santos, goes for a single leg, and takes him down on the second effort. Dos Santos gets right back up. Velasquez continues to circle toward Dos Santos. Dos Santos goes for a right hand, but Velasquez switches levels and grabs a leg. No takedown, though. Cain continues to be the aggressor. Cain throws a two-punch combo. Velasquez again goes for the single and Dos Santos escapes. Dos Santos hits Velasquez with a left. A clinch along the fence, Velasquez throwing left hands. Velasquez starting to open up. A big right hand drops Dos Santos. Velasquez with a series of rights. Dos Santos gets up, and but Velasquez stays on him and gets another takedown. Final minute. Velasques raining down right hands. 40 seconds left. Velasquez with a takedown. Dos Santos gets up, but Velasquez has him again. Dos Santos tries to ride out the round. He does. An ear-splitting roar from the pro-Velasquez crowd.

Round 2:
Velasquez comes out swinging again. A huge takedown by Cain. Dos Santos seems to have no answer. Dos Santos tries to spin out, but Velasquez is just swarming him. Dos Santos is back to his feet, but Cain takes him right back down. Dos Santos back up. Dos Santos swings a wild left. Velasquez stalks him across the Octagon. Dos Santos on his hands and knees, Dos Santos tries to get up, but can't. Standing again. Right uppercut and a left by Velasquez. Two minutes left. Another takedown. Dos Santos throws him off. Cain grabs him and works for an arm bar. Back to their feet. Huge right by Velasquez.

Round 3:
Junior making more of an effort to counter early, but that soon becomes moot as Velasquez scored another takedown. Dos Santos is back to his feet. Velasquez has him tied up along the fence. Velasquez grabs a leg, but Dos Santos staves it off. Velasquez pops Dos Santos with a right hand which rocks him back against the fence. Dos Santos connects with an elbow and Velasquez answers with one in kind. Velasquez misses on a takedown attempt. Midway through the round. Velasquez opens up with a four-punch combo. One minute left. A scrmable sends both fighters to the ground, but they're right back up. Paces slows. Another huge ovation from the crowd.

Round 4:
Dos Santos' face is a bruised mess. Pace has slowed. Dos Santos lands an uppercut and a body shot. Velasaquez goes for a double-leg takedown, gets it, and Dos Santos is right back to his feet. Dos Santos with a body shot, Velasquez counters. Now Dos Santos goes for a takedown, but doesn't get it. He has Cain bodylocked against the cage. Dos Santos fires an elbow which misses. Velasquez scores a another takedown. We're standing again. Midway through the round. Velasquez with a pair of uppercuts off the break. Dos Santos shuffles off to safety, but Velasquez catches up to him. They break. Lots of clinching. Velasquez goes for another takedown, but doesn't get it.

Round 5:
The only intrigue left is whether Dos Santos can summon a home-run finish. Velasquez looks to pick Dos Santos up and slam him. JDS counters it by grabbing the fence. Dos Santos catches Cain coming in with a right, but Velasquez shakes it off. Velasquez goes for a takedown and pushes dos Santos all the way across the cage before dos Santos escapes. Midway through the round, Velasquez finally gets another takedown. Velasquez throwing right hands. Two minutes left. Dos Santos tries to posture up. He gets to his feet, but Cain relentlessly pursues him. One minute left. Velasquez keeps Dos Santos tied up. The pro-Velasquez crowd can sense it now. Velasquez stays on dos Santos all the way to the final horn.

Cain Velasquez def. Junior Dos Santos via unanimous decision to regain the UFC heavyweight title. (50-45, 50-43, 50-44).

Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Student of the Sport

The Lauzon/Miller fight was one of the best I have seen in awhile. Them and JDS/Cain were all heart....love seeing it even in a beatdown like JDS took.

I am pretty bummed that JDS lost, but Cain is a great fighter and a deserving and respectful champion, like JDS was. Just keep that title out of Overeem's hands!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
The Lauzon/Miller fight was one of the best I have seen in awhile. Them and JDS/Cain were all heart....love seeing it even in a beatdown like JDS took.

I am pretty bummed that JDS lost, but Cain is a great fighter and a deserving and respectful champion, like JDS was. Just keep that title out of Overeem's hands!
You said just what I was thinking. Lauzon/Miller = FotN and possibly FotY?? My heart kind of broke for Junior, how he lasted for the next 4 rounds just shows his strength and heart. I pray he's ok. I think it's safe to say that we will see the definitive Velasquez/Dos Santos 3 in 2013.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 AM

Mostly a great night of fights. Lauzon/Miller... what an epic battle. The HW fight.. props to JDS for staying in there for five rounds. WOW. I thought he was gone in the first, and then the second... after that, I thought he'd win lol. Great performance by Cain though. Can't wait to see the finally CvJ III!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Mostly a great night of fights. Lauzon/Miller... what an epic battle. The HW fight.. props to JDS for staying in there for five rounds. WOW. I thought he was gone in the first, and then the second... after that, I thought he'd win lol. Great performance by Cain though. Can't wait to see the finally CvJ III!
I had the same feeling...afterall he came out to the theme from Rocky, figured he would win in Rocky-like fashion at the end.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:02 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

The fights tonight were awesome! Aside from the Leben/Brunson match-up (where they both just gassed), I thought they were all well-fought.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYBFdebF1zM

Recap Video
Old 12-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Hailey's Dad

Great event. Glad I didn't miss it.