Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Chris F

Default Obama to end charitables contributions.

Obama's 'war against churches and charities'

Jim Brown - OneNewsNow - 4/2/2009 6:40:00 AM

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says President Obama's plan to raise taxes on upper-income earners is designed to create bigger government and a more secular America.

Author and political commentator Newt Gingrich of American Solutions calls President Obama's tax program a "war against churches and charities." Gingrich accuses President Obama of "deliberately" trying to take away the charitable deduction for successful people so they will not give as much money to churches or charities.

"I think there's a clear to desire to replace the church with a bureaucracy, and to replace people's right to worship together with a government-dominated system," he contends.

The former House Speaker says the Obama administration is talking seriously about taking away the right of conscience in terms of performing abortions.

"This is most aggressive, militant, secular program I can remember," Gingrich admits. "And I think you have to be really clearly aware that they want an America which is radically different than the country which was created by those pioneers who first landed back in 1607 at Cape Henry and erected a cross to thank God for having allowed them to cross the Atlantic Ocean."

Gingrich believes people often forget that the first act of the first successful American colony was to "erect a cross at Cape Henry, to thank God for their survival and their salvation, and then to go up to Jamestown to found the colony."
Old 04-03-2009, 02:49 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Obama's 'war against churches and charities'

Jim Brown - OneNewsNow - 4/2/2009 6:40:00 AM

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says President Obama's plan to raise taxes on upper-income earners is designed to create bigger government and a more secular America.

Author and political commentator Newt Gingrich of American Solutions calls President Obama's tax program a "war against churches and charities." Gingrich accuses President Obama of "deliberately" trying to take away the charitable deduction for successful people so they will not give as much money to churches or charities.

"I think there's a clear to desire to replace the church with a bureaucracy, and to replace people's right to worship together with a government-dominated system," he contends.

The former House Speaker says the Obama administration is talking seriously about taking away the right of conscience in terms of performing abortions.

"This is most aggressive, militant, secular program I can remember," Gingrich admits. "And I think you have to be really clearly aware that they want an America which is radically different than the country which was created by those pioneers who first landed back in 1607 at Cape Henry and erected a cross to thank God for having allowed them to cross the Atlantic Ocean."

Gingrich believes people often forget that the first act of the first successful American colony was to "erect a cross at Cape Henry, to thank God for their survival and their salvation, and then to go up to Jamestown to found the colony."
if people need a tax deduction in order to give to charity then i'm not sure they are doing it for the right reasons,
this shouldn't make much difference,at least it wouldn't to me.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:55 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
if people need a tax deduction in order to give to charity then i'm not sure they are doing it for the right reasons,
The point is this is a foot in the door to take more. I persoanlly never count my deducation for the same reason you mentioned. However where does it stop? He has an agenda sure enough.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

It will definitely discourage large donations made my big business, that's for sure. You'll see charities in decline. However, this may be what Obama's had planned all along.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
However, this may be what Obama's had planned all along.
I think it will play into the whole class warfare thing. He knows that charitable donations will drop significantly and they're going to spin it to make the rich out to be villains who only give to get tax breaks.

We're already seeing a drop in charitable giving. The Salvation Army is in seriously trouble and has had to cut back a lot. They're even closing down the women's shelter here in Hillsboro because they just don't have the money to fund it anymore.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
Well, $100 given for the wrong reasons spends just like $100 given for the right reasons.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:18 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, $100 given for the wrong reasons spends just like $100 given for the right reasons.
i think you missed my point.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Good point! You are so logical!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Good point! You are so logical!
Our pastor always says, "The problem with 'tainted money' is that there taint enough of it."
Old 04-03-2009, 05:26 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Our pastor always says, "The problem with 'tainted money' is that there taint enough of it."
And that I agree with! On a side note making Charitable giving tax deductible can allow some folks to give a bit more than other wise. Or at least it can help with the large donations! Just like what happened to Rush years ago. He started raising money for some Children's charity but the left had a fit. They hated him so bad that they demanded the Charity cut all ties with him. Somehow I don't think sick kids care about where your politics are!