Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
not in the least. this is why people need to be more informed on firearms in general before making silly claims and assertions.

here is a relevant article, and written by a self proclaimed left-winger, on why renewing the "assault weapon" ban makes no sense:

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/...-ill-tell-you/
they may be silly claims to you because you have an agenda but to most of the people in the free world outside of the USA they are not.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 PM

U guys are saying owning a gun is a god given right .... Please clarify for me .... No joke ... Not even being an ass ... Did god write your constitution? Does it say in the bible that guns are a right?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Here is a couple of tributes, one, a montage of voices set to Ed Sheeran's "Autumn Leaves", I just heard it earlier on the radio; the other is a tribute from the show, The Voice. Scroll down the articles to "play" each:

Quote:
"Here’s the montage we put together to capture the raw emotion of December 14th and pay tribute to the brave teachers and victims."

http://mix965houston.cbslocal.com/20...autumn-leaves/

Quote:
"Last night, The Voice shared its own special moment when all four coaches, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera, along with host Carson Daly, Christina Milian and this season’s contestants all stood on stage holding a placard with each victim’s name on it. The group sang a rendition of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah”."

http://mix965houston.cbslocal.com/20...lujah-tribute/
Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
they may be silly claims to you because you have an agenda but to most of the people in the free world outside of the USA they are not.
they're silly because they are nonsensical and based on uninformed opinions rather than facts. but you're partially right, I do have an agenda: the rights of the individual; their right to live, enjoy liberty, and pursue happiness. I realize this is difficult for non US citizens to empathize with, and that is rather unfortunate.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
U guys are saying owning a gun is a god given right .... Please clarify for me .... No joke ... Not even being an ass ... Did god write your constitution? Does it say in the bible that guns are a right?
We Americans (at least, the ones who are constitutionalists) believe our rights are God-given. It is a belief, RNC. Like faith. Those God-given rights in which we believe are confirmed by our Constitution.

You shouldn't belittle us and our Constitution, which we cherish, by asking if "God wrote it" or if it says "in the bible that guns are a right". You are very disrespectful to ask for clarification and claim you aren't joking while making those two statements ridiculing our beliefs. We don't ask that you accept them, they are ours. Please respect that.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-22-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Rights aren't dictated by the Government, nor are they created by the Constitution. Rights are from God and are inalienable. PERIOD. The Right to Bear Arms is a God given right, and is not able to be denied by the Government.

There you go. Clarified.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
do you own an assault rifle flo ?

do you feel your hand guns are secure enough that they could not be used
against you or your family?

hand guns are people killers and hunting rifles are animal killers...
now having said that i know either could be used for either purpose...
but when you hold them in your hands they inspire a different thought process as to their individual uses.

but thats just the way i see it.
i own an ak47 and two 30 round clips, in fact i went and bought 400 more rounds of ammo and two more 30 round clips just today, just cause i can, and cause i don't appreciate people telling me i can't, and yes my ak 47 has a bayonet on it,

i hunt and kill stuff with a handgun, all animals, never people

i hunt coyotes with my ak47

i euthanize sick and lame pigs with a handgun, do you think i ought to take a 30-06 down to my barn and blow a sick pigs head off, versus popping it behind the ear with a .22 i don't think blasting a sick pig with a high powered rifle is a peta approved euthanasia method
Old 12-22-2012, 03:10 AM

face it, school shooting aren't a political issue, they are not a gun control issue, they are a moral issue

people are getting high on epsom salts and keyboard dusters for pete's sake, should we ban those?

the fact is, that if people want or are willing to do evil, evil will be found to do. if someone wants to get high, they will find or create a way to get high. I mean who thought up a way to mix ether, sinus pills, fertilizer, drano and a bunch of other nasty stuff then cook it into meth?!?!?! Who first sniffed sharpies long enough to get buzzed? Who smoked incense and told everyone it was synthetic meth?

if adam lansza wanted to kill 20 5 year old kids he would have found a way to do it,

the only thing that would stop an adam lanzsa is a conscience of their own, or the hand of God protecting a people or a nation.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
do you own an assault rifle flo ?

do you feel your hand guns are secure enough that they could not be used
against you or your family?
I have a concealed weapons permit and a handgun. It is secure. I'm a good enough shot that I'm not worried about anyone taking it from me. I guess it's within the realm of possibility that someone could take it from me but I'm not going to cower in a closet, I'm going to protect myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Rights aren't dictated by the Government, nor are they created by the Constitution. Rights are from God and are inalienable. PERIOD. The Right to Bear Arms is a God given right, and is not able to be denied by the Government.

There you go. Clarified.
Well said, F34R, well said.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson has listed the names of every victim of shooting in Newton, Comm. on his cleats for Monday Night’s game.
Prior to Monday Night Football, Johnson tweeted out a photo of his cleats with the message “R.I.P. to all the victims.”
You can see an image of the cleats below.
Original Story: http://tireball.com/nfl/2012/12/17/ch...