Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default Fight Club..........

“We are bi products of a lifestyle obsession, murder, crime, poverty, these things don’t concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with five hundred channels, some guys name on my underwear, rogame, viagra, olestra…**** Martha Stewart, Martha’s polishing the brass on the Titanic, its all going down man. So **** off with your sofa units and string seem stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say lets evolve let the chips fall where they lay”.

I was reading my friends essay on this film and also after watching it, just wanted to appreciate its message.

The feminsation of men and how since WW2, man has lost its traditional role, its all insecure office jobs that we are promoted into.

Just a great film.

and Edward Norton is the man!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-26-2009, 11:25 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

A buddy of mine was actually in that movie. He played a small role as a bartender. He was also in the first Austin Powers as Patty O'brien.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-SQwFs1jQ
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
A buddy of mine was actually in that movie. He played a small role as a bartender. He was also in the first Austin Powers as Patty O'brien.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-SQwFs1jQ
Is he the bartender with the brace on his head?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
A buddy of mine was actually in that movie. He played a small role as a bartender. He was also in the first Austin Powers as Patty O'brien.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-SQwFs1jQ
I recognize that dude haha he's your friend? any cool stories?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
“We are bi products of a lifestyle obsession, murder, crime, poverty, these things don’t concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with five hundred channels, some guys name on my underwear, rogame, viagra, olestra…**** Martha Stewart, Martha’s polishing the brass on the Titanic, its all going down man. So **** off with your sofa units and string seem stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say lets evolve let the chips fall where they lay”.

I was reading my friends essay on this film and also after watching it, just wanted to appreciate its message.

The feminsation of men and how since WW2, man has lost its traditional role, its all insecure office jobs that we are promoted into.

Just a great film.



and Edward Norton is the man!
I knew a friend at University who watched this film every day for a whole month

She was excentric to begin with...but she was a loon by the time she'd finished the month...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

First rule of fight club thread... You don't talk about fight club thread.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-2009, 11:03 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I recognize that dude haha he's your friend? any cool stories?

Yeah, his name is Paul Dillon, he is from Joliet and we met when I turned 21 because we are regulars at the same bar. He lives out in Hermosa Beach CA, but everytime he is in town we all party together.

The funniest story I can think of right off the top of my head is from like a year ago when I lived together in a house with my drummer and old bass player. We had been out drinking, and ended up with like 20 people back at our house, then all of a sudden Paul vanished. He was nowhere to be found. We all thought he was wandering the neighborhood drunk, and like 5 of us went out looking for him. Turns out, he had wandered into the basement and passed out on the floor. We found him like 4 hours later and me and my drummer had to basically carry his ass up 2 flights of stairs.

He was just back in town a few weeks ago to visit and he was telling us how he has been working a lot on the show "The Sheild". He also told us whenever we decide to shoot a formal music video he would help us produce it and even act in it.

He's a cool dude.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-13-2009, 04:52 PM
TheConcretekid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
“We are bi products of a lifestyle obsession, murder, crime, poverty, these things don’t concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with five hundred channels, some guys name on my underwear, rogame, viagra, olestra…**** Martha Stewart, Martha’s polishing the brass on the Titanic, its all going down man. So **** off with your sofa units and string seem stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say lets evolve let the chips fall where they lay”
Prototypical Camus Absurdistic Existentialism.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.