Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 11-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Sonnen adds Hendo as assistant coach on TUF!

LOL, Sonnen rules! He is going to get under Bones' skin SOOOOOOOOOO bad, this season is going to bring huge ratings!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ach-for-tuf-17

Quote:
Chael Sonnen Announces Dan Henderson as Assistant Coach for TUF 17

By McKinley Noble
(Featured Columnist)
on November 1, 2012

Photo Credit: UFC/Zuffa

Dan Henderson obviously isn't too upset with Chael Sonnen for taking his fight with Jon Jones.

In fact, the former No. 1 contender to the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship will be joining Team Sonnen as an assistant coach during the 17th season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Bloody Elbow reports the news from a recent broadcast of TSN's Off the Record, where Sonnen first made the announcement. In addition to coaching duties during TUF 17, Henderson will also be coaching his teammate in his upcoming title fight:
Henderson and I are obviously up to something, we’re in cahoots. Henderson will be one of the coaches on this show with me and he will be cornering me on April 27 when I take what is rightfully mine, which is the light heavyweight championship.
Sonnen is a member of MMA training camp Team Quest, which Henderson co-founded in 1999 with former teammate Matt Lindland and UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture.

Henderson and Lindland, who both run separate teams, are currently in the middle of an extended copyright infringement lawsuit over the rights to the Team Quest name and trademark.

Sonnen regularly trains at the camp in Oregon, which is supervised by Matt Lindland.

Sonnen's rise to title contention started with a 5-3 run after re-joining the UFC in 2009, with four wins over "Top 10" middleweights Michael Bisping, Brian Stann, Yushin Okami and former UFC fighter Nate Marquardt. Sonnen's middleweight title fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 148 broke 1 million pay-per-per buys, a record number for the UFC in 2012 so far.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:46 PM

two of my fave fighters together!!!....can't wait for tuf 17!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:20 PM

WAR Sonnen!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 PM

Great choice, I love both of them as well and am stoked to watch (unlike this season which has seemed blah even though we know one of the fighters). It took a while to get used to it being on Fridays, not to mention Roy turned out to be a d#$% of a coach, which surprised me.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Great choice, I love both of them as well and am stoked to watch (unlike this season which has seemed blah even though we know one of the fighters). It took a while to get used to it being on Fridays, not to mention Roy turned out to be a d#$% of a coach, which surprised me.
Well, you did all that work for nothing! They're switching it up to another night.