Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default British Government Closes for 19 days

Alright people, so we have a Coalition Government, its made up of the Conservative Party (The British Centre-Right) and the Liberal Democrats (Centrist) This is about to enter the last year of its fixed term...so next year is Campaign year.

Obviously, each summer the British Government go on Holiday...its called "Recess" and basically the Government doesn't sit during this time. Now the Queens Speech is written as a statement of intention by the Government on the proposed legislature during the next year.

So here is the plan...the two parties cant agree on anything and claim, they basically have nothing left to debate until the new stuff comes out of the Queens Speech....soooooo...why not give them an extra 19 days off?

Then they come back for the speech...spend a week or two debating the speech, and then they go on holiday until the Fall

ONLY the British Government could possibly do this...How can one possibly run out of things to debate???

and you thought YOUR Government was bad
Old 05-20-2014, 09:32 PM

Let's see, there's Benghazi, the IRS, the NSA, and now, the Veteran's Administration...all of these things legitimate, they happened, and in each case cover-up after cover-up, and lies, lies, and more lies to try to hide the cover-ups. Previous administrations have gotten caught in lies and cover-ups, that's nothing new; the difference now is the main stream media is in bed with our current government, that's a powerful scary thing! Instead of being the watchdog for the PEOPLE, exposing and reporting corruption and scandals by our government, they're acting as co-conspirators by not investigating and reporting any of it. So we currently have an administration committing unlawful and unconstitutional acts with no one to make them accountable. I always believed the checks and balances put in place by our forefathers by their creation of three, equal, but separate branches of government would protect us if ever one branch got out of line, but President Obama has put that to myth. Between this lawless administration, this gutless corrupt Congress and this useless media, who is watching out for We the People anymore?

So yeah, sadly, nothing good to report here from across the pond either.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

We had two elections today...the local ellections for the Council...those would be akin I suppose to any State Government ellections you guys might make...and the European Ellections...of which there is I suppose no American comparison.

In the local ellections we had several parties, the Conservatives, Liberal Democrats and Labour...but then we also had The Green Party, and the United Kingdom Independence Party... I voted for them, because they are strict on welfare and on immigration.

The European Parliamentary Ellections dont matter to many coz we dont have control over that parliament. UKIP has dominated it...but I already voted UKIP...soooo I went even further to the Right and voted for the English Democrats...I suppose you might like to think of them as the half way mark between the United Kingdom Independence Party, and the British National Party...the latter is a fascist group...so I wished upon Europe the furthest Right I could go without being Fascist...and the reason is that during this term we will get the referendum on remaining in the Union.

If we vote to remove ourselves from Europe, we will pull out of the parliament, and so the English Democrats will be removed that way....if, GOD help us...we decided to remain in Europe, then for the future survival of the community, Ms Merkel would have to begin to push not just for financial union but for full political union...thus a United States of Europe effectively.

In that event, damn right I want those that represent me to be equally radical...because that is the only way we can ensure that she doesnt stomp all over us!

So there is method in the madness...but it felt naughty voting for something I knew was, potentially, a little bit too far right to condone completely
Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 PM

well, everyone thinks that the party they vote for can do no wrong ... american conservatives have made it seem that obama is sending the US to hell in a hand basket ... everyone thinks their party is going to solve problems ..
Old 05-23-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, everyone thinks that the party they vote for can do no wrong ... american conservatives have made it seem that obama is sending the US to hell in a hand basket ... everyone thinks their party is going to solve problems ..
Well if "everyone" has any common sense or logical thinking at all they already know wrong doing is a given where human beings are concerned especially where humans and politics are concerned. Both parties have their agendas just like the unions do, it's called self-preservation. Everything revolves around their election and re-election. Why would anyone think either party is interested in solving our problems especially since they're the ones guilty of creating them. Spock would say that would be highly illogical.

As for President Obama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q
Old 05-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well if "everyone" has any common sense or logical thinking at all they already know wrong doing is a given where human beings are concerned especially where humans and politics are concerned. Both parties have their agendas just like the unions do, it's called self-preservation. Everything revolves around their election and re-election. Why would anyone think either party is interested in solving our problems especially since they're the ones guilty of creating them. Spock would say that would be highly illogical.

As for President Obama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q

Bonnie, in England, we are talking about in these kinds of elections LESS then 50% of those who can vote, actually voting...and most do it for exactly your reason above...they believe that all the parties are 1) as dumb as each other 2) pretty much the same despite their pre-election promises...and they may be right

In Ancient Rome, only those who were effectively trained in politics could vote...I really think that votes should be compulsory...coz I always say that you shouldn't complain if you haven't voted, because even if your vote makes no difference, it means you have asserted your opinion and therefore allowed to comment on the outcome.

I was talking, just today, to an American colleague at work called Patti about these sorts of things. She told me that if the Federal Union decide to impose a nation wide rule and a State has a problem, then often the Federal Union will withdraw its support in other areas, particularly financially, which reminded me of something that Nathan told me once, that he knew of a State which had done that, and so the Federation decided not to spend money on maintaining all their roads, and they were all crumbled and potholed We should be under no illusion that, frankly, what we have in both our countries, is still a dictator at heart. It may not be a single person...but it will have its own agenda, which has nothing to do with anything except preservation and expansion...and if you don't do what they say, they will hold you hostage in some way. Most are largely benign, short lived dictatorships...but they are nevertheless elected dictators...once they are in you have no control over them until the next election...and if you want to be realllllly cynical, you can question...particularly in the United States how the difficult way of elections can make things so complicated with electoral colleges that, you wouldnt spot a case of fraud if it was done in plain sight

How do we really know that our democratic societies are anything but a smokescreen....coz you have to be nuts to trust any of them!

What we should do is all work together to get Bonnie into the White House, and myself into Downing Street...THEN our Two Great Nations would really see a "special relationship" and real "change"
Old 05-27-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Bonnie, in England, we are talking about in these kinds of elections LESS then 50% of those who can vote, actually voting...and most do it for exactly your reason above...they believe that all the parties are 1) as dumb as each other 2) pretty much the same despite their pre-election promises...and they may be right

In Ancient Rome, only those who were effectively trained in politics could vote...I really think that votes should be compulsory...coz I always say that you shouldn't complain if you haven't voted, because even if your vote makes no difference, it means you have asserted your opinion and therefore allowed to comment on the outcome.

I was talking, just today, to an American colleague at work called Patti about these sorts of things. She told me that if the Federal Union decide to impose a nation wide rule and a State has a problem, then often the Federal Union will withdraw its support in other areas, particularly financially, which reminded me of something that Nathan told me once, that he knew of a State which had done that, and so the Federation decided not to spend money on maintaining all their roads, and they were all crumbled and potholed We should be under no illusion that, frankly, what we have in both our countries, is still a dictator at heart. It may not be a single person...but it will have its own agenda, which has nothing to do with anything except preservation and expansion...and if you don't do what they say, they will hold you hostage in some way. Most are largely benign, short lived dictatorships...but they are nevertheless elected dictators...once they are in you have no control over them until the next election...and if you want to be realllllly cynical, you can question...particularly in the United States how the difficult way of elections can make things so complicated with electoral colleges that, you wouldnt spot a case of fraud if it was done in plain sight

How do we really know that our democratic societies are anything but a smokescreen....coz you have to be nuts to trust any of them!

What we should do is all work together to get Bonnie into the White House, and myself into Downing Street...THEN our Two Great Nations would really see a "special relationship" and real "change"
Yeah, our vote only seems to matter when getting these yahoos elected, once they're in office they only seem to work for their best interests, not ours, not our country's. I agree, if you want to gripe and b***h, then vote...I do vote.

I know RNC thinks I'm hard on President Obama, but I'm truly basing my comments on his actions, what he's saying and doing, many of those actions have been a 180 to what candidate Obama said he would be and do if elected. I understand they all make promises while running that they aren't going to be able to keep in reality, but this has to be some kind of record. No way to deny it when there are endless video clips of candidate Obama saying one thing, and now President Obama saying and doing the exact opposite. I think most Presidents probably push up against the boundary of their executive power at some point, but I don't think I have ever seen such blatant disregard by a President for our laws and Constitution as I have seen with this President. To use his power and the power of other government agencies like the Justice Department and IRS (the most feared government agency for it's reach/power that can literally destroy a citizen's life) to go after individual states and citizens in order to punish them, it's just beyond anything I've ever seen a President and his administration be able to get away with. As a citizen, that's frightening. Also very upsetting and disturbing, I never thought I'd see the day when a U.S. President would fail to give the orders to send help to Americans under attack. It's been one royal f-up after another with this administration, too many, and after each one our President gets on tv and tells us he just found out about it when we did, from the news.

Even if I didn't vote for him, I'd at least like to have confidence in him as our Commander in Chief, and general respect for him as our President...but....

Last edited by Bonnie; 05-27-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:04 PM

bonnie, i love ya .. but the american people will speak ... if the voters didn't want certain things from obama, they wouldn't have voted him back for a second term. and come 2016, if they have had enough, there will be a republican president ... if not .. it will be good old hilary or joey b .. we shall see ... its the job of the right wing media to blow things out of proportion to their watchers to make it look like obama is doing a bad job ...
Old 05-28-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
bonnie, i love ya .. but the american people will speak ... if the voters didn't want certain things from obama, they wouldn't have voted him back for a second term. and come 2016, if they have had enough, there will be a republican president ... if not .. it will be good old hilary or joey b .. we shall see ... its the job of the right wing media to blow things out of proportion to their watchers to make it look like obama is doing a bad job ...
After these last two elections, it won't surprise me if Hillary is voted in in 2016. As for the media, both sides are guilty of "slanting", but it would be refreshing to see the main stream media actually REPORT the news instead of acting as an appendage of the White House in order to protect the President. Why do you think the main stream media has gone to such lengths to actually NOT report the news with this particular President, RNC? Do you think Barack Obama should be "untouchable" just because he's our first black President? If Hillary Clinton gets elected, should she be untouchable because she's our first woman President? It will be interesting to see if the liberal main stream media continues this with her. It won't be surprising if they do, but it will be very telling if they don't.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
After these last two elections, it won't surprise me if Hillary is voted in in 2016. As for the media, both sides are guilty of "slanting", but it would be refreshing to see the main stream media actually REPORT the news instead of acting as an appendage of the White House in order to protect the President. Why do you think the main stream media has gone to such lengths to actually NOT report the news with this particular President, RNC? Do you think Barack Obama should be "untouchable" just because he's our first black President? If Hillary Clinton gets elected, should she be untouchable because she's our first woman President? It will be interesting to see if the liberal main stream media continues this with her. It won't be surprising if they do, but it will be very telling if they don't.
i don't think he's been given an easy road because he is black .. and i don't think hilary will be given an easy road either ... we can only wait and see what happens ..