Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
As an example, labor unions are one of the many reasons why the American auto industry is suffering. Some of those dock workers, the guys who drive forklifts for a living, make $30-$50 an hour. That's hardly a skilled labor to warrant such a high earning. With tens of thousands of employees paid like that, it's no wonder they can't make a profit.
I wish our Unions were like yours I might get paid more...I know forklift truck drivers on less the 11k STIRLING per year!

thats LESS then 24K Dollars Per Year BEFORE Tax

They get paid in a whole year what a lower top tear fighter gets paid for one fight

...and you thought you were underpaid

Old 02-16-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I wish our Unions were like yours I might get paid more...I know forklift truck drivers on less the 11k STIRLING per year!

thats LESS then 24K Dollars Per Year BEFORE Tax

They get paid in a whole year what a lower top tear fighter gets paid for one fight

...and you thought you were underpaid

Well in the past they were necessary, but in today's world, there's plenty of laws and regulations that take care of it. I really don't know anything about Britain, but it sounds like a much different world over here.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Well in the past they were necessary, but in today's world, there's plenty of laws and regulations that take care of it. I really don't know anything about Britain, but it sounds like a much different world over here.

We are worlds apart. Thats what a lot of people on BOTH sides forget. Americans sometimes cant understand why English people are so reserved and so stiff upper lipped. They see it as an expression of distaste or insincerity. Its not. It just looks that way because England doesnt have the same cultural confidence emphasis. Its normal for some English to be less enthusiastic visibly. It doesnt mean we hate you

But the English are just overwhelemed by the American Bravado that wont leave them alone. American shout, are blunt to the point of being rude and insensative....and many dont understand the confidence emphasis. They dont realize its perfectly normal for Americans to fly their flags, be patriotic, loud and gun-ho. So some English think they are arrogant and to prideful.

And yet the East and Orient sees just ONE Western World, when there is perhaps Three if not Four major Cultures. There is the American Culture of the Combined 49 states (we'll exclude Hawaii because they are...different) There is the British Culture (which includes Canada and Austrailia) and there is the European Perspective (which includes Northern and Med countries, it also includes a fair ammount of Latin America aswell!) Then I would say there is the Slavic Viewpoint, (that accounts for the Baltic, the Eastern Bloc and Russia) The Eastern Viewpoint (which covers much of Africa, the Middle East, parts of South East Europe, and Asia) and then the Oriental (which covers China, India and Oceania) After that you have Tribal Cultures, that covers some of South America, some of Africa, and The Ring of Fire. I think Hawaiians are far closer in culture to their Samoan and Polynesian roots, then there American roots...thus I thing that 50th State is caught in Limbo...a little like the French-Canadians

hahahahaha Obviously generalizations...but the point is. England and America are categorically NOT the same culture
Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 PM
hizo64

Im from a small town and I feel totally worlds apart when I visit a huge city lol does that count?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizo64
Im from a small town and I feel totally worlds apart when I visit a huge city lol does that count?
Well, I'm from a town of 3,000 and since 2004, I live the 6th most populated city in the U.S. Doesn't feel much different, except there's more to do and there's traffic, that sucks.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizo64
absolutely!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
hahahahaha Obviously generalizations...but the point is. England and America are categorically NOT the same culture
Not in the least, see, in America,
we don't smoke fags, we hate fags,
nothing here is "bloody", it's just "s*i*ty",
we don't drive on carriageways, he drive on highways,
we don't get pissed, we get drunk, then piss on ourselves,
we don't play draughts, we play checkers,
we don't eat bangers, just sausages,
furthermore,
we don't have National Insurance Numbers, we have Social Security Numbers

I don't know if that's any better, but there it is, lol
Old 02-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Not in the least, see, in America,
we don't smoke fags, we hate fags,
nothing here is "bloody", it's just "s*i*ty",
we don't drive on carriageways, he drive on highways,
we don't get pissed, we get drunk, then piss on ourselves,
we don't play draughts, we play checkers,
we don't eat bangers, just sausages,
furthermore,
we don't have National Insurance Numbers, we have Social Security Numbers

I don't know if that's any better, but there it is, lol

slightly more accurate possibly
Old 02-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:

Agreed!