Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Lambeth United in Condemnation of Equality Bill

A few weeks ago the ArchBishop of Canterbury, The ArchBishop of York, and The Bishop of London, arguably the three most major Church figures of the Anglican Communion besides the Queen took offense, publically, in the House of Lords, within The Palace of Westminster, at the Equality Bill which is a further push on the Equality Bills of last year which saw The Church forced into consecrating Single Sexed partnerships under the banner of marriage.

Driven, by a quite radical femenist in the Cabinet, the Equality Laws are now going further into forcing Churches to include a type of investor in peoples style system when they have to include non-christians in the heirachy of the church to be inclusive I know it defeats the whole point of Church doesnt it.

They are trying to get an exemption, which they will probably attain due to their closeness with the crown. For once you are finally seeing the Church in England reacting to the British Government. As the Synod Met, the ArchBishop used his speech to the Communion to incorperate a number of issues where the Church is now actively AGAINST the Government

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1RUZHT3YK8

(I havent listened to it all, so I dont know what else he says, and I dont usually aggree with him on his finer theology...Infact, I think he should resign after some of the comments he made in the last year or two...but hey-ho)
Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
cubsfan47

Here's something for you to consider: leave Anglicanism proper. Based on what information we have in this country, the schism is on it's way anyway. There's at least two splinter churches in my city.

Or you consider an organization that wouldn't tolerate this at all: this one/.

Then there is this one: old time religion./

And for the more adventurous: this.

Of course if you chose either of those last two you probably wouldn't be welcome around here.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
Here's something for you to consider: leave Anglicanism proper. Based on what information we have in this country, the schism is on it's way anyway. There's at least two splinter churches in my city.

Of course if you chose either of those last two you probably wouldn't be welcome around here.
Even if the Anglican Communion Collapses, I shall stay within the Church of England because I am a Confirmed Member.

I was presented to (by The then Sacrist and Warden of The College of Minor Canons at Saint Paul's Cathedral, the Reverend Doctor Alistair Coles ) and annointed by His Grace, The Right Honourable and Right Reverend Doctor Richard Chartres, Lord Bishop of London in Saint Paul's Cathedral on The Festival of All Saints 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vn3xoGRHyE

I have no problem with Southern Baptists...except the Baptist church in England is very different to your strain. Whilst I am on this Forum, Roman Catholics will be granted their due status as members of Christendom, as aggreed by the majority of the Church outside of the United States. I wont have people being mean to them. I myself could never be moved to catholicism though because I can not reconcile my theology with Apostolic Succession. As for the church of the Latter Day Saints...we call them Mormons, and they are rejected by the majority of the Church as a valid denomination, making them Christianities largest cult.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post

Dave, knows waaaaay too much about Christianity to ever make the mistake of become a Catholic.

Also, Latter Day Saints, or Mormons, are not a true Christian denomination.