Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
thats it beat people with a stick until they see things your way...that should work real well.
When all else fails
Old 01-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
CBS could give two craps about the spirit of the game. All they care about is the millions upon millions of dollars they generate in ad revenue from the Super Bowl.

She didn't say that it was a matter of CBS denying free speech, she was commenting on what I said about all the libtards getting butthurt over seeing a conservative talking point put in front of a huge national audience.

Also, two questions...

1. If you don't watch the commercials anyway, then why do you care if they play an ad against abortion?

2. Who the hell doesn't watch the commercials during the Super Bowl? That is basically the only time of the year you are supposed to watch commercials.
I said I generally don't watch them. If I do, I sure don't feel like watching a commercial about abortions during a football game. If I am watching TV during a meal time, I don't like tampon, diarrhea, or similar commercials on either. Commercial time is time for getting more food and drink and releasing the other food and drink. If I want to see one of the Superbowl commercials later, I can catch them on the 'net.

If it was only about money as you say, they would let anything in as long as it generated the revenue. Obviously, it is about content more than money.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I said I generally don't watch them. If I do, I sure don't feel like watching a commercial about abortions during a football game. If I am watching TV during a meal time, I don't like tampon, diarrhea, or similar commercials on either. Commercial time is time for getting more food and drink and releasing the other food and drink. If I want to see one of the Superbowl commercials later, I can catch them on the 'net.

If it was only about money as you say, they would let anything in as long as it generated the revenue. Obviously, it is about content more than money.
Just because they don't let ANYTHING on does NOT mean it's more about content than money. There are certain lines that networks cannot legally cross, and also certain lines that they choose not to cross because they don't want to risk controversy, such as this one. However, the bottom line is that the soul purpose that drives every single thing media outlets do is money.

You may not like tampon commercials, but if Tampax wants to cough up millions of dollars for ad-time during the Super Bowl they should be able to have their ad run. This ad may be pro-life, but I don't think it's going to be showing pictures of aborted fetuses on the screen or doing anything risque and tasteless. From what I have read, it is simply Tim Tebow's mom telling about how the doctors told her to abort Tim because she was sick when she was pregnant. Also, Tim Tebow is about to enter the NFL Draft, and it's the Super Bowl, so it actually has some connection to the sport of football.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:04 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

As disappointed as I am with CBS for even lending an ear to the idea that they should pull the ad, I'm even sadder to say that I'm not shock to have heard that they are. It's an f-ed up society where we have beer commercials featuring a beer bottle & a sheef of wheat getting it on in the elevator, but it's too offensive to have a man speak about how turning down an abortion ended up being a positive thing.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness....
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!" Isaiah 5:20-21

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
all those who practice it have a good understanding.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Well, they just ran the commercial and it was actually pretty cool. Tim Tebow tackles his mom and then gives her a hug. Nothing to get all butthurt about.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 PM
atomdanger

Sex = Ok.
Offensive topics = Ok.
Pro Life = Not ok.

haha.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:57 AM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Well, they just ran the commercial and it was actually pretty cool. Tim Tebow tackles his mom and then gives her a hug. Nothing to get all butthurt about.
I know.....it wasn't preachy or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Sex = Ok.
Offensive topics = Ok.
Pro Life = Not ok.

haha.
Exactly!

Later.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:57 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I didn't get to see it! I was hoping to find it online somewhere but ain't yet!