Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I agree 100% with what y'all are saying. Believe me, I'm not trying to defend the decision, I think it's a bunch of crap. JB just asked ho they could justify it & I tried. as just trying to play Devil's Advocate, ya kno?
I hear ya man
Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 PM

heck a lot of the UFC cards aren't justified at that price.. much less the WEC cards...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
ufcfan2

Hmm, Id think I'd rather watch SF for their price for which Im not sure what its price is(25/35?) than the price gouging UFC does and now WEC...
Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
Hmm, Id think I'd rather watch SF for their price for which Im not sure what its price is(25/35?) than the price gouging UFC does and now WEC...
if i remember correctly, strikeforce is on Showtime so their price would be free if you have showtime
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
if i remember correctly, strikeforce is on Showtime so their price would be free if you have showtime
Has SF ever done a PPV?
Old 02-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Jason 16

I just hope that every one on the card gets a good pay check
Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
"The UFC is the premier MMA organization for LW-HW & the WEC is the premier organization for BW-LW. It only makes sense that the two top promotions should charge the same for their PPVs.
Absolutely awful pricing. I used to be pissed that Direct Tv had dropped Versus, and was looking forward to WEC PPVs so I could watch the fights honestly. Now I say no, this is just too much. If there's a UFC PPV and a WEC PPV in the same month that's getting close to $100 with tax.

I think I'll stick with Strikeforce. At least with Showtime you also get movies.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Has SF ever done a PPV?
Always, They are $24.95 for non-Showtime customers.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Whilst WEC is a premier event...it should not be sold as PPV at that extortiante price. The reason its become so popular is partly due to it being free to watch...and visiting live is nothing like watching a PPV event...visiting even a small regional promotion can be exciting, whilst paying for such an event would be crap...especially if its extortinate.

The UFC are begining to push the limits in terms of cost...their PPVs are too expensive, and made more so because of their frequency, and what they charge for a visit is nothing short of shameful...shocking...who do they think they are coming to England twice a year and charging some stupid ammount for half way decent seats...and I mean that...sitting in the gods and paying 500 pounds stirling NOTHING is worth that sort of money