Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 PM
kborntreger

Default New Face

Hey everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself as the newest registeree of the forum. My name is Kevin Borntreger. I grew up in the small town of St. Elmo, near Effingham in Central Illinois. I am currently a college student at EIU, alma mater of both Matt Hughes and Matt Veach. Normally, kids my age would be in the second or third year of their career with a Bachelor's degree, but I'm 24 and still a college senior, having spent my last 7 years in the Illinois Army National Guard. I spent the last year of that enlistment in southern Afghanistan, and had a few more trips during my time in uniform, so I'd like to think that I'm not behind, even though my age says I am. Anyway, I have loved MMA and been a big fan for about the past five or six years. I would have to say that Matt Hughes is somewhat a hero of mine, so naturally he's my favorite fighter. Win or Lose, just as Dana White told him just after one of his Newton fights, "You're the greatest f'n Champion of all times." Besides Matt, I am also excited to see Matt Veach make his way up the ladder in the UFC. It's just awesome to see a guy fighting on the world class level that I used to brush elbows with around Springfield and get put in pain by at Warrior Concepts. Other fighter interests include Jens Pulver, Chuck Liddell (how can you not like that guy), Rich Franklin, and I really can't find a heavyweight that I like a lot. I don't go for the arrogance that some of the fighters can portray, and unfortunately many of the heavyweights are just arrogant pricks. Nonetheless, I love watching fights, no matter who it is in the Octagon. I am excited to finally be on here to chat life with everyone. God bless and have a great day!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Hello and welcome aboard...
Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome home. Ain't this place grand?

~Amy
Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 PM
kborntreger

I was Army, not Navy, but thanks ;)
Old 01-25-2010, 10:56 PM
kborntreger

This truly is the greatest nation in the world. I know it's hard to believe with all of the stuff you hear about in the media and that we have to "put up" with, but spend a year in a less than 3rd world country and you will be grateful for everything this country offers. I would say the same to our President. Maybe then things would start to shape up and look better than they do.

Dana White in 2012 I say
Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Silverback

Welcome I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do, the people here, well I dont have the words, Best just don't do it. Thank you for the service to this country and to everyone in it that calls it home. If you ever need anything just ask and someone on here will tell you, sometimes more then you want to hear, but thats the family we have here, enjoy.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 AM
Stump Rules!

Welcome

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 AM
County Mike

Sup?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:56 AM

Welcome.

[
Old 01-26-2010, 02:27 PM
billwilliams70