Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-24-2010, 11:13 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
me too i dont feel bad for him. however i do feel annoyed that he won't be the host of the tonight show anymore. he was good and jay leno sucks. plus, i thought jay leno was supposed to freakin retire last year. i guess enough money will always bring you back for something or another
their individual ratings while hosting the tonight show would suggest otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2010, 11:54 PM
mscomc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
their individual ratings while hosting the tonight show would suggest otherwise.
That is not entirely accurate. Conan only got 7 months, jay leno got what, 17 years!!!! Have you forgotten when the tonight show with jay leno was in its infancy?? He was getting his but kicked by letterman in the ratings. But NBC gave it time, and he eventually tied letterman and then eventually surpassed him on and off over the years. That is the point, they should have given Conan TIME.

Secondly, I don't feel to bad for conan, financially, but there is so much more to it than that. He waited anxiously for 16 years, before he got to inherit the dynasty that is the tonight show. After all that hard work to get noticed, and to finally get it, move your whole family to from new york to california, and have it taken away from you after 7 months???? I do feel bad for him in that regard. He was robbed.

Finally, his true measures as a man were quite evident when he made sure that out of his 45 million dollars, 12 million will go to his staff, to make sure they are taken care of as many up-rooted their whole lives to california as well. How many other hollywood people do you think would do that????
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
That is not entirely accurate. Conan only got 7 months, jay leno got what, 17 years!!!! Have you forgotten when the tonight show with jay leno was in its infancy?? He was getting his but kicked by letterman in the ratings. But NBC gave it time, and he eventually tied letterman and then eventually surpassed him on and off over the years. That is the point, they should have given Conan TIME.

Secondly, I don't feel to bad for conan, financially, but there is so much more to it than that. He waited anxiously for 16 years, before he got to inherit the dynasty that is the tonight show. After all that hard work to get noticed, and to finally get it, move your whole family to from new york to california, and have it taken away from you after 7 months???? I do feel bad for him in that regard. He was robbed.

Finally, his true measures as a man were quite evident when he made sure that out of his 45 million dollars, 12 million will go to his staff, to make sure they are taken care of as many up-rooted their whole lives to california as well. How many other hollywood people do you think would do that????
life is full of challenges and nothing is ever guaranteed...besides the rest of us should be so lucky as Conan and his staff....not running anyone down here...just making an observation.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:27 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
That is not entirely accurate. Conan only got 7 months, jay leno got what, 17 years!!!! Have you forgotten when the tonight show with jay leno was in its infancy?? He was getting his but kicked by letterman in the ratings. But NBC gave it time, and he eventually tied letterman and then eventually surpassed him on and off over the years. That is the point, they should have given Conan TIME.
You forgot the 5 years he filled in for Johnny as well. Something tells me that when Leno goes back to the Tonight Show those ratings people were so worried about wont come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
life is full of challenges and nothing is ever guaranteed...besides the rest of us should be so lucky as Conan and his staff....not running anyone down here...just making an observation.
A weaksauce observation at that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.