Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Prince William goes down under

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Nh8ZyOEfY

He's doing His First Official Royal Tour...bear in mind he's the same age as me There has been much speculation that the Queen is priming her Grandson, rather then her direct Hier to take the Throne.

I heard an interesting poll recently that said an overwhelming 60 percent hope that William takes the throne and not Charles...and of the 55 percent who said the Monarchy should be disbaned...Fifty 0ne percent within that bracket said keep the Monarchy IF and ONLY IF, William becomes King after Elizabeth and Not Charles

Poor Charles...particularly when he WANTS to be King
Old 01-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

It was my understanding based one the news reports and gossip here in the US that Charles did not want to be king and that it was pretty much a sure thing that William would be taking over when it came time. I've thought that for years now.

~Amy
Old 01-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
It was my understanding based one the news reports and gossip here in the US that Charles did not want to be king and that it was pretty much a sure thing that William would be taking over when it came time. I've thought that for years now.

~Amy

No...Charles has his own agenda...but he definately wants to be King.

He is the guy who said to Westminster Abbey that he would be requiring a MULTI-FAITH Coronation.

Westminster Abbey Replied, that he wouldnt be King until they said so (about half way through the Coronation) and thus he would get what they gave him...which would be a Christian Coronation.

The problem with him is, he's Eco and Business mad...He's also unpopular because he never says the right things on camera...the population never forgave him for what he did to Diana, and the population detest his new "consort" which would give him problems...because Even the Crown wont except her as "Queen" if he becomes King.

But the biggest problem with Charles is he would stick his nose into things, into Parliament, and he'd be outspoken...thats dangerous when noone likes him, and public support for the monarchy is quite low...people love THE QUEEN...but they dont particularly love the Monarchy as an insitution.

Charles the First of course was the King who was involved in the English Civil War..he had his head Chopped off above a Banquetting House in central London.

Charles the Second DID come back for the Restoration...but still...the name is not associated with good rullers...it would be a bit like Germany ellecting a Chancellor whose name was "Adolf"...it just cant be done
Old 01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm, well maybe us Americans have decided that William shall be King and that's that. It's been my understanding ever since Camilla emerged as the other woman.

~Amy
Old 01-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Hmmm, well maybe us Americans have decided that William shall be King and that's that. It's been my understanding ever since Camilla emerged as the other woman.

~Amy
I think that is the point where the Crown certainly dont really want him to become King...I hope that he would understand that...but I wouldnt bet on it

But then the Crown didnt like Diana either....she only got http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKNmlXXvl0c and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_QgNkG5jg because of such an outpouring of national grief the week before....she wouldnt have got it otherwise...Elizabeth didnt like her very much
Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_oTlWPGU0w

But its the first two moments of this which I find the most moving, the combination of the Cortege moving through the Great West Doors at the same time as the clash between the Organ playing Bachs Prelude in C Minor...which incidently is whay I wish to come into at mine...and the Bells of West Minster abbey...topped off by the narrator...its a special three mins of video that
Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Diana was hugely popular even here.

~Amy
Old 01-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j08hqX7Ky0 It looks like William enjoyed himself opening some new Court in New Zealand...and here is the speech he made also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8xcBMFdxdc I think he did well...I didnt realize that New Zealand was so tribal in custom still.