Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default How do you feel

Its an old thread that Mik The Hick started...must have been before the last forum jump...because I cant find it.

Sooo...ive started it again

Today I am feeling generally hopeful, because now that the snow has gone and I feel better, I am looking forward to putting some plans in action for this year. But I am also feeling increadibly sad and a more then a little bit angry at the recent news I heard about Saint Paul's Cathedral...

But I am trying to hold to the fact that I have moved on from that time down there. Really, I am in a completely different Season now....and this song which I would like to post, is really what this new season that ive been in for the last four years is about. It reminds me of all of you guys who post on here, and it reminds me of my trips to the US...because thats where I am now...I am no longer constrained by the damage and the hurt of that old season....I just need to remind myself of that...because today has been a very painful ride...for a while there I was lost in a lot of pain and a lot of grief, I was remembering things I thought were long forgotten, and things that I thought held no power over me anymore....but because I got a real shock everything came rushing back in...a lot of hatred, and a lot of anger, and a lot of negative and demonic style whispering in my mind

Everything is but for a season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTif4koVr7M
Old 01-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Blade

Old 01-18-2010, 10:29 PM

This is a very timely thread. According to news reports, today is "Blue Monday", the most depressing day of the year.

Quote:
Welcome to the most depressing day of the year. Yup, it’s official: the third Monday is January, dubbed "Blue Monday," marks the occasion when post-Christmas gloom is at its highest point, according to The Guardian. (Compared to most years, this one’s probably not as bad mood-inducing as most, since it coincides with a federal holiday and a lot of lucky people got the day off.)

The name "Blue Monday" came about after British psychologist Cliff Arnall devised a formula five years ago for just why people feel so dispirited every year on this day. He came up with a complicated equation that contains seven variables such as weather, debt, monthly salary, time since Christmas, and low motivational levels, reports The Guardian. Arnall, working at a PR firm, used his calculations to lend credence to a press release issued by Sky Travel to prompt people into putting themselves into a better frame of mind with a vacation.

No one needs an equation like the one devised by the former Cardiff University lecturer to tell them that horrible weather, no holidays in sight and a bad economy are the perfect storm for feeling generally bad on this day.

And there certainly wasn’t any scientific thought behind Arnall’s match. But since he came up with his formula back in 2005, Blue Monday has become for some an annual day to reflect upon one’s general level of unhappiness. At the very least, since misery loves company, it’s nice to know that everyone around you is experiencing the blues, too.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...#ixzz0d0ejkT5c
Old 01-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

I feel....

Grateful. I am very grateful for my friends and loved ones. There have been some things happening in my life, things that have been hard to deal with. But people have stepped up and really pitched in with encouraging words and prayers and at times other things that have helped me more than they can know. I try to help my friends and family when I can and it was nice to have it come my way when I needed it. So here's my youtube to go along with my post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU97n-HuAJA

~Amy
Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Its an old thread that Mik The Hick started...must have been before the last forum jump...because I cant find it.

Today I am feeling generally hopeful, because now that the snow has gone and I feel better, I am looking forward to putting some plans in action for this year. But I am also feeling increadibly sad and a more then a little bit angry at the recent news I heard about Saint Paul's Cathedral...

But I am trying to hold to the fact that I have moved on from that time down there. Really, I am in a completely different Season now....and this song which I would like to post, is really what this new season that ive been in for the last four years is about. It reminds me of all of you guys who post on here, and it reminds me of my trips to the US...because thats where I am now...I am no longer constrained by the damage and the hurt of that old season....I just need to remind myself of that...because today has been a very painful ride...for a while there I was lost in a lot of pain and a lot of grief, I was remembering things I thought were long forgotten, and things that I thought held no power over me anymore....but because I got a real shock everything came rushing back in...a lot of hatred, and a lot of anger, and a lot of negative and demonic style whispering in my mind

Another gift of George Herbert for Tyburn:

Quote:
from The Temple (1633), by George Herbert:

¶ The Pulley.

VVHen God at first made man,
Having a glasse of blessings standing by;
Let us (said he) poure on him all we can:
Let the worlds riches, which dispersed lie,
Contract into a span.

So strength first made a way;
Then beautie flow’d, then wisdome, honour, pleasure:
When almost all was out, God made a stay,
Perceiving that alone of all his treasure
Rest in the bottome lay.

For if I should (said he)
Bestow this jewell also on my creature,
He would adore my gifts in stead of me,
And rest in Nature, not the God of Nature:
So both should losers be.

Yet let him keep the rest,
But keep them with repining restlesnesse:
Let him be rich and wearie, that at least,
If goodnesse leade him not, yet wearinesse
May tosse him to my breast.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Another gift of George Herbert for Tyburn:

ohh...okay...so I understand that one

GOD doesnt need to elivate my enemies to make me turn to him though I'm weary enough as it is...without having to go through any more pain...sometimes he is just mean...because now I know EXACTLY why he's stopped me from going to York Minster Twice there could be a lot worse then just dealing with the fact they are going to consecrate a most dissagreeable man...and that..ohh..I dont know...having to serve for him, or work under him in his elivated position...I suppose I should be grateful that I am spared that
Old 01-19-2010, 01:41 AM
Maldonado136

i dont really know how I feel. My moods have been changing all the time lately. Ive been sick for awhile with throat problems but now my stomach is feeling terrible to the point where my digestive system is messed up. A couple days ago a lump appeared on my neck outta nowhere and a few hours ago I felt another one form on the back of my head (right where the head and neck meet). My eyes have been incredibly blood shot for the last couple of days. I went to the doctor today and I got blood work done. Ill be going back Friday to get more tests done if need be. I feel like this is probably serious but I hope it isn't. I have school to worry about so during the week I have to throw these problems aside and focus on that.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Better them than me.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:34 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
This is a very timely thread. According to news reports, today is "Blue Monday", the most depressing day of the year.

Does that explain why my Truck broke down on me causing me to miss work? The power steering went out of it and it don't steer to good without it. I used to have a Ford Maverick that I drove without power steering but this Ford F150 want to turn at all without it!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQI-Lnx_7-Q

I feel GREAT today.

Come, Holy Ghost, our souls inspire,
And lighten with celestial fire;
Thou the anointing Spirit art,
Who dost Thy sev’nfold gifts impart.

Thy blessèd unction from above
Is comfort, life, and fire of love;
Enable with perpetual light
The dullness of our blinded sight.