Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-08-2010, 04:04 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
I think it's pretty sad that now a days we just accept the fact that they lie, and it's not a big deal to us since it's so common. Obviously I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but I would be pretty naive if I didn't believe all politicians lie in some fashion or another.
Agreed!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
I think it's pretty sad that now a days we just accept the fact that they lie, and it's not a big deal to us since it's so common. Obviously I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but I would be pretty naive if I didn't believe all politicians lie in some fashion or another.
i actually think it is sad that people all of a sudden are upset with a politician lying .. every president has lied, yet because people dislike obama and like other presidents, they only bring up how he has lied ... that is sad ...
Old 01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
eric84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i actually think it is sad that people all of a sudden are upset with a politician lying .. every president has lied, yet because people dislike obama and like other presidents, they only bring up how he has lied ... that is sad ...
Wait, so I wouldn't be upset about another President, lets say Bush, lying? Regardless of who it is, lying is wrong and it's sad we have gotten to a point where we accept it because "every president has lied". I think it's really "sad" that instead of looking at how the President has lied to us, you would rather focus on how you think its unfair that we condemn him for lying when you feel we didn't condemn past presidents. Just another way to bring the attention off Obama's bad choices and try to blame someone else.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, your double-standard goes both ways. How many Liberals didn't even give President Bush the benefit of the doubt and just automatically accused him of lying about WMD in Iraq? I don't seem to recall very many Democrats who had the attitude of, "Well, all politicians lie, so what's the big deal?"

So... pot meet kettle.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, your double-standard goes both ways. How many Liberals didn't even give President Bush the benefit of the doubt and just automatically accused him of lying about WMD in Iraq? I don't seem to recall very many Democrats who had the attitude of, "Well, all politicians lie, so what's the big deal?"

So... pot meet kettle.
Don't remember seeing that thread on here ... must have gotten removed.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Link doesn't work.

It looks like it has been fixed but basically the link was to a clip of 8 instances during the presidential campaign when President Obama (then Candidate Obama) said that the deliberations on healthcare reform would be utterly transparent, in fact, the deliberations would be televised on C-span. The clip has multiple "C-span" . . . "C-span" . . . "C-span". Contrary to what he promised, much of the deliberation on healthcare reform has involved "backroom deals" (e.g. Nebraska exempted from paying for certain health programs, Louisiana receiving 300 million dollars in grants, etc.) and hasn't been transparent. I know that politics often functions that way, but Pres. Obama said he would change politics as usual. Recently Brian Lamb of C-span wrote an open letter reminding President Obama of his promises. Perhaps, "lying" wasn't fair; however, "disingenuous" or some other word needs to be applied to this unkept promise. For something this important, the American people should be informed about the details of the plan.

Last edited by Play The Man; 01-08-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Corrected "Televised" - added "e" after "l"
Old 01-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Don't remember seeing that thread on here ... must have gotten removed.
"When you know that you are in the wrong, just pretend to be stupid." - Liberal Evasive Maneuver #287
Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
"When you know that you are in the wrong, just pretend to be stupid." - Liberal Evasive Maneuver #287

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-09-2010, 02:42 AM
que

hey obama, **** ***!!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
LOL...give me a break.

Every president gets criticized when they don't follow through on what they say they are going to do which, ironically, is every president. Did you forget about all the hate Bush got and still gets?

Heck, I remember a number of people on this forum being very critical of every move George W. Bush made and counting the days until we would see Obama in office. Now that he is in, and had over a year so far, people are running out of ways to make excuses for him.

With that being said, I could care less if they televise it on CSPAN because that would be boring to sit and watch anyway and even though I could watch it, it's not like I have a say in it.