Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 12-24-2009, 11:31 AM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, I didn't like seeing that part live 'cause my dinner, lunch,breakfast & most of my GI tract almost ended up next to your voice box.

My favorite moment is actually all the way back in UFC 26 when he fought Marcelo Aguiar. He's got Aguiar on his back, mashed up against the cage, right in front of Jeremy & all the rest of the guys in his corner. On the PPV, you can clearly hear them very calmly & matter of factly giving him directions and advice & then a split second later, you'll see Matt enact it. My favorite bit is when you hear Jeremy say "Hold onto his left wrist with your right hand & then throw the right elbow without letting go of his wrist." 2sec later, *clamp* goes the hand on the wrist, *slam* goes the elbow into the into the forehead, *squirt* goes the blood, "TIME!" goes the ref & then "He's done" goes the doc!

I dunno why, but I just love clearly hearing the great coaching & then being able to watch Matt employ it so perfectly & terribly effectively in the cage. It's awesome.

I kid you not, I was watching that fight a couple of days ago and thought about posting something on it LOL.
I would have to say the Trigg 2 slam takes the cake. I also like the superman punch he did against Hayato Sakurai.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Is that UFC 45... or 52.. I disremember..
its the first one....must be 45

Seeing Trigg feld like some kinda tree was really strange

One never gets tiered of watch Frank Trigg get choked out
Old 12-24-2009, 12:08 PM

I love the walk to the cage for the 2nd Trigg fight. This is the one that Mark surprised matt in Vegas, right? I rewatched it after hearing that story and it's cool to see the brothers go to war together.

[
Old 12-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Miss Foxy

Goodness I can't limit my favorite Matt moment.. However I will say I loved at his last fight against Serra how stupid Serra looked when the fight was found in favor of Mr. Hughes.. To me seeing Serra's look of disbelief and embarrassment was great and Matt was so humble.. Oooh it burned Serra and his camp!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:54 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Goodness I can't limit my favorite Matt moment.. However I will say I loved at his last fight against Serra how stupid Serra looked when the fight was found in favor of Mr. Hughes.. To me seeing Serra's look of disbelief and embarrassment was great and Matt was so humble.. Oooh it burned Serra and his camp!!!
that was funny .... especially cuz he thinks he won the fight ...

my fav was the newton slam also ... when miletich said something to him after about the triangle, matt's response was "i was out" ... LOL .. still the only person to win via KO when being out ... hahaha ... oh, and also newton's comments afterward saying he was conscious and waiting for the ref to pull the unconscious matt off him ... LOL ...

one thing i give to carlos in that fight was the sickest sweep from full guard to mount ... too bad he got beat down twice for it ... LOL