Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 12-22-2009, 12:56 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
What's most shocking to me is the reference to Gladys Kravitz.

Yeah me too. The nerve of someone trying to insult her character. I mean I heard she was a reliable source from my mailman's parole officer's daughters best friend.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
What's most shocking to me is the reference to Gladys Kravitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Yeah me too. The nerve of someone trying to insult her character. I mean I heard she was a reliable source from my mailman's parole officer's daughters best friend.

[
Old 12-23-2009, 06:03 PM
wavetar

Well, back to the topic at hand, if I may. They're both good coaches, in fact seeing Tito coach turned me from a hater into a lukewarm, indifferent fan of his. However, that's also how I view a third Chuck/Tito fight...no desire to see it, won't be buying the PPV.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Well, back to the topic at hand, if I may. They're both good coaches, in fact seeing Tito coach turned me from a hater into a lukewarm, indifferent fan of his. However, that's also how I view a third Chuck/Tito fight...no desire to see it, won't be buying the PPV.

I will be buying it just to see Chuck fight.. who cares who he's fighting.. Unless he was fighting Baby Jay... I would pay double to see that...
Old 12-23-2009, 06:37 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I will be buying it just to see Chuck fight.. who cares who he's fighting.. Unless he was fighting Baby Jay... I would pay double to see that...
I like Liddell & all, but he's 1-4 since 2007...and his last truly dominant fight was against Sobral in 2006. I wouldn't mind seeing him make a comeback of sorts and beat a good opponent...but against Tito even if he wins, I'll basically think "So what...he's beaten him twice before and Tito is a shadow of his former self too". So, it really won't mean anything to me.

It would be better if they left him out of coaching & gave him a fight against an up & comer like Jon Jones. Now that I would pay to see.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
I like Liddell & all, but he's 1-4 since 2007...and his last truly dominant fight was against Sobral in 2006. I wouldn't mind seeing him make a comeback of sorts and beat a good opponent...but against Tito even if he wins, I'll basically think "So what...he's beaten him twice before and Tito is a shadow of his former self too". So, it really won't mean anything to me.

It would be better if they left him out of coaching & gave him a fight against an up & comer like Jon Jones. Now that I would pay to see.
Just because he didn't "dominate" Jardine.. didn't mean it wasn't a great fight.. and even seeing Chuck lose.. (which I hate almost as much as seeing Matt lose) It's great to watch him fight.

I want Chuck/Forrest.. Jon Jones is good and all.. but not "there" yet...
Old 12-24-2009, 12:32 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Just because he didn't "dominate" Jardine.. didn't mean it wasn't a great fight...
Think about what you just said...Liddell didn't dominate Jardine. Would that have even rolled off your tongue a few years ago? Sure it was an entertaining fight...but Chuck would've chewed him up & spit him out within a round (like every current top ten 205 contender does) pre-2007. I personally don't like watching once-great fighters get beat by journeymen...it's just sad.

Time for the UFC to establish an over-40 division...or in the case of Tito, a 'Shamrock' division, 'cause that's the only guy he can seem to beat.

Last edited by wavetar; 12-24-2009 at 12:51 PM.