Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
What i object to is the comment that we done the world a favour by obliterating some certain "cultures". Anyway,..............

This Pope should not be rewarded anything near a sainthood and Benedict should move to stop this.
Thats my bone. I dont realy care about Native American Culture, it wasnt substantial enough to really be classed as a Civilization, it was simply a load of warfareing tribes. I dont condone the distruction of them, but I dont mourne their passing.

What pisses me off is that kinda american arrogance which is "well we did everyone a favour by wiping them out" As Maggie would say "No, No, NO"

Benedict isnt going to move to stop Pius...He bloody authorised it. Right now just by getting Papal acknowledgement he has become "The Venerable" Pope Pius Twelfth.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Thats my bone. I dont realy care about Native American Culture, it wasnt substantial enough to really be classed as a Civilization, it was simply a load of warfareing tribes. I dont condone the distruction of them, but I dont mourne their passing.

What pisses me off is that kinda american arrogance which is "well we did everyone a favour by wiping them out" As Maggie would say "No, No, NO"

Benedict isnt going to move to stop Pius...He bloody authorised it. Right now just by getting Papal acknowledgement he has become "The Venerable" Pope Pius Twelfth.
I mourn there loss. It makes me laugh how we call them savages and truly do not look at our own actions. I don't think there is an American arrogance, and there is remorse over what has happened. In some cases it may of gone to far.

But I thought they were a great peoples, beset with some of the same violent and horrible issues that humanity as a whole struggles with.

A good book to read about there great culture, wisdom and is "Bury my heart at Wounded Knee", by Dee Brown.

But I want to read more about this guy, Bonhoffer
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...&sprefix=bonho

A