Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Dave they would be jailed for disobeying the USMJ codes of conduct. Just like a Soldier/Marine/Sailor/Airmen who goes MIA..Those codes of conduct were implemented for a reason it's a slap in the face to the personnel who actually follow it for these crimes to go unpunished.
Yes I understand the theory behind it. But locking up pregnant people for becoming pregnant.

suppose it is by accident? Suppose you have a married couple, they are lonely, and homesick...they have sex and take procuations, but somehow those contreceptives fail.

Whatcha gonna do...jail mother and father??

Well according to the above...YES..that seems quite wrong. I just dont like any body making rullings on basic rights like that. I'm sure the system is abused, I'm sure some people do it deliberatley, I'm sure they are not supposed to do it...I'm sure the Military even split up surving couples to eliminate the chances of it happening...and all that I can understand.

But I really do think that this is a step to far...and I dont like his reasons. Had he said what you guys are saying then fine...I'd understand...but he blames manpower...which is riddiculous when compared to all his allies, he has the most men to play with.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Primadawn

I completely agree with this. I know I could get flamed big time, but this is part of the reason I don't believe women belong in the military at all.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I completely agree with this. I know I could get flamed big time, but this is part of the reason I don't believe women belong in the military at all.
I would agree. At the very least, I don't think women should be in combat zones for this very reason (aside from qualified nurses, of course). When things get rough out there the temptation to get pregnant, so they can be sent back home, is just too much of an "easy-out" to resist.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I would agree. At the very least, I don't think women should be in combat zones for this very reason (aside from qualified nurses, of course). When things get rough out there the temptation to get pregnant, so they can be sent back home, is just too much of an "easy-out" to resist.
I agree with you on this as well. I believe some jobs us gals can be in, however combat zones a definite no,no!!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Yes I understand the theory behind it. But locking up pregnant people for becoming pregnant.

suppose it is by accident? Suppose you have a married couple, they are lonely, and homesick...they have sex and take procuations, but somehow those contreceptives fail.

Whatcha gonna do...jail mother and father??

Well according to the above...YES..that seems quite wrong. I just dont like any body making rullings on basic rights like that. I'm sure the system is abused, I'm sure some people do it deliberatley, I'm sure they are not supposed to do it...I'm sure the Military even split up surving couples to eliminate the chances of it happening...and all that I can understand.

But I really do think that this is a step to far...and I dont like his reasons. Had he said what you guys are saying then fine...I'd understand...but he blames manpower...which is riddiculous when compared to all his allies, he has the most men to play with.
Seems like your beef is with our military being out there not the pregnancy issue. You keep reverting back to the same thing. Enough said. This debate is not going to end. You have not served in our military so you will never understand how our troops feel. My brother is currently deployed in Iraq and as many other troops will be separated from his family this Christmas so for some woman to escape her deployment getting pregnant and coming home I have no respect for!! Some people will come home in coffins now thats where my beef lies!!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Nobody "accidentally" get pregnant. They might "irresponsibly" get pregnant, but it is never an accident.

Again, husbands and wives do not get stationed together in war zones.

For someone who is all about blindly obeying authority figures, I'm surprised you have such a hard time understanding this. The general order is that sexual relations between service members are unauthorized in hazardous duty areas. Having sex in those areas is simply the disobeying of a lawful order.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:05 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Good, on every deployment that I've been on, sex is unauthorized between service members. It's simply not what you are there for. Thus, a woman getting pregnant is proof of her disobeying a direct order.

Obviously the woman's jail time should be reduced if she identifies the man who had sex with her so that he can be punished under UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) as well.

Also, the whole pregnancy has been an "easy-out" of deployments for women since I've been enlisted. I spent 7 months in Bosnia and we had a couple of girls get pregnant just so they could go home. It's never been punished as a crime before, but it should be.
Makes sense to me.
If you're deployed you probably aren't getting pregnant by your husband.

How often are husband and wife sent over seas together?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Pregnancy should be punished in the Navy as well any time on any ship, boat, or submarine.

~Amy
Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I had typed up about a page and a half on this.. then I said.. let me take a look at the first page.... (yes,.. I tool a breath..).. and I am glad I did!

Nate you should run for office!

Quote:
If a male can be prosecuted for shooting himself in the foot in a combat zone, then a woman should be prosecuted for allowing herself to get pregnant in a combat zone.

This is not about reproductive rights, Dave. Since husbands and wives are rarely deployed to the same combat zone. And if these people are married and having sex with people who aren't their spouses in a war zone, then that it a huge problem as well. I think the military is one of the only organizations left that still punishes adultery as a crime.

This is about a woman who has sex with men in a war zone for the purpose of getting pregnant so she can be sent home. That's not right.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
What next? punish the Soldier who has to be withdrawn for injury...because he also needs to be replaced.

Its not like the US Military dont have the man-power, talk about the top brass being lazy. Too much effort to replace soldiers, thats what it boils down to.

This is the worst thing ive seen from them since that Bible banning affaire. This area is not something the Military should ever have any jurisdiction over. Period.

If a person doesn't want the govenrment to have jurisdiction over them.. they should not join the military. Peroid.