Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
haha how did you find that????

I wonder what that comic is worth, badass!
It's Captain America #1, from 1941, one of the most famous comic book covers in history.

In mint condition, it would be about $190,000; but they have sold for as high as $265,000.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
you're slipping a bit Nate...i dont see Obama's name there any where..
Well, my list was focusing on mass murderers; but I'm sure that Obama will get his mass-murderer status after the healthcare bill passes, so don't worry.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:50 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, my list was focusing on mass murderers; but I'm sure that Obama will get his mass-murderer status after the healthcare bill passes, so don't worry.
lol...you are a very funny ostrich...er i meant to say guy...you're a funny funny guy.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
lol...you are a very funny ostrich...er i meant to say guy...you're a funny funny guy.
Thanks, I wish I could say that it was meant as a joke.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:57 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Thanks, I wish I could say that it was meant as a joke.
i know you weren't joking Nate...thats why i said you were funny.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
i know you weren't joking Nate...thats why i said you were funny.
Well, I'm one of the people who would likely benefit from this healthcare plan the most; but it still scares the crap out of me. It's like watching our country die right before my eyes.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:12 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Well, I'm one of the people who would likely benefit from this healthcare plan the most; but it still scares the crap out of me. It's like watching our country die right before my eyes.
i dont in any way think i know all the answers but right now there are a lot of people in your country that cant afford health care and a lot of the ones that are covered by some sort of insurance find out that its inadequate when someone in the family gets seriously ill.
the plan that is proposed would help to alleviate some of the money pressures that arise when someone is sick long term....it may be far from perfect but its better then what a lot of your fellow citizens have now.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
i dont in any way think i know all the answers but right now there are a lot of people in your country that cant afford health care and a lot of the ones that are covered by some sort of insurance find out that its inadequate when someone in the family gets seriously ill.
the plan that is proposed would help to alleviate some of the money pressures that arise when someone is sick long term....it may be far from perfect but its better then what a lot of your fellow citizens have now.
Well, if the government is running it, then we can guarantee that it will be worse. You forget that I'm someone who lived with government run healthcare for over ten years while I was in the Army. The government can't even run the Post Office properly, how in the world are we supposed to trust them to make decisions that may determine whether we live or die?

This plan is completely misguided and essentially just a giant bailout for the insurance companies. It's going to do very little to help the average American citizen. In fact, people are going to be fined and maybe even put in jail for NOT having health insurance under this plan. How is that helping matters, other than forcing people to feed more money into the corrupt insurance system (on top of the increased taxes that this plan will require)?

I'm not even going to touch on the taxpayer funded abortions, I'm already pissed off enough here.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:54 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Well, if the government is running it, then we can guarantee that it will be worse. You forget that I'm someone who lived with government run healthcare for over ten years while I was in the Army. The government can't even run the Post Office properly, how in the world are we supposed to trust them to make decisions that may determine whether we live or die?

This plan is completely misguided and essentially just a giant bailout for the insurance companies. It's going to do very little to help the average American citizen. In fact, people are going to be fined and maybe even put in jail for NOT having health insurance under this plan. How is that helping matters, other than forcing people to feed more money into the corrupt insurance system (on top of the increased taxes that this plan will require)?

I'm not even going to touch on the taxpayer funded abortions, I'm already pissed off enough here.
you may be right about this proposed plan....i dont really know because i have never read the thing but i think now i will.

i understand your frustration but if your right and this is just bail out for insurance companies then what would you think should be done.
say what ever you want about the state of health care in Canada but i know from experience how it works here and its nothing like most Americans believe it to be...now im not saying that your government is proposing anything like ours but if it were then its not the big bad wolf that a lot of people think it is.

i just think a person shouldn't have to go bankrupt because they fell ill...both my parents were diagnosed with cancer a number of years ago and both were given the very best care that was available to them at the time and it never once cost them anything.
if only greed could be replaced by compassion...then you and I wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:43 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
It's Captain America #1, from 1941, one of the most famous comic book covers in history.

In mint condition, it would be about $190,000; but they have sold for as high as $265,000.
Wow...