Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-16-2009, 09:28 PM
billwilliams70

Default Hey Chuck!

Chuck,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for honoring my son throughout this football season by displaying a signature that contains his image and favorite scripture.

You're a prolific poster on the site, so many people have had the opportunity to see the signature, the image of Tim, and the scripture that he chose as his first tattoo.....which was a topic of conversation for me and him for a LONG time.

You did this as a football fan, foresaking Jack Lambert (your favorite player) and I appreciate it. You are a fine human being and your it shows through the thoughtfulness of your request earlier in the season.

Thank you,
Bill

P.S. I firmly believe in the "Praise in Public, Criticize in Private" notion.....so that explains why I didn't send this message to Chuck in a PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Chuck,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for honoring my son throughout this football season by displaying a signature that contains his image and favorite scripture.

You're a prolific poster on the site, so many people have had the opportunity to see the signature, the image of Tim, and the scripture that he chose as his first tattoo.....which was a topic of conversation for me and him for a LONG time.

You did this as a football fan, foresaking Jack Lambert (your favorite player) and I appreciate it. You are a fine human being and your it shows through the thoughtfulness of your request earlier in the season.

Thank you,
Bill

P.S. I firmly believe in the "Praise in Public, Criticize in Private" notion.....so that explains why I didn't send this message to Chuck in a PM.
Bill I appreciate that brother I really do but TRUST me when I say this... it's really been an honor. I've been deeply inspired by Tim and who he was as a person, a believer and an athlete. I can only pray the my 2 sons grow to be like him.

Every year I've been on here I've had a Steeler sig during football season and not one single time this year have I missed it. Not once.

When I see your son it inspires me to be a better father. To pray for my kids more. To cherish the time I have with them more. I can't imagine how hard it's been on you and your wife to have lost Tim but I can promise you his passing has made me a better father to my children. For that I will forever be grateful.

To me Jack Lambert is the greatest MLB of all time but that's all he is.. a football player.

Tim's a hero and I'm a better man because of him.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Preach

Very awesome................. Prayer goes out to your family brother
Old 12-17-2009, 01:22 PM

You're a good man Chuck.
Bill you're a good man too and you raised a good son. I continue to pray for your family.
God bless you all.

[