Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH
I realize this is a sarcastic statement, but one thing fans should not forgot. Whether GSP knew what his corner had intentionally or unintentionally done, his dominance can not be denied. I don't think any of GSP's fights would have been different if vaselien was not allowed in the ring. There is no proof about HGH and he already tested clean for steriods.

I am a GSP fan, and am on the fence about how much he knew or his corner knew, until a full investigation by the NSAC is complete. But, nobody at all should deny that he may go down as one of the dominant fighters the UFC has ever seen.
"I don't think any of GSP's fights would have been different if vaselien was not allowed in the ring."

The key word there is think. We will never know though, will we? It makes it all the sadder that he probaly would have won anyway. So, the cheating was for naught but doubts and scandals.

How much his corner knew? They were only verbally warned the first time. The second time the redcoats came in to the ring and kicked the vaseline jar. Well, okay, maybe they didn't get it.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
TDPARKASH

Yeah, the thing is will people get passed this and look at his future performances now and believe that it is/was fair. Well there always be a doubt? He is a really good speciment of what you want a fighter to be, but has this incident ruined it.

If he has ruined it, he still may be on top for a long time......................and for upcoming fighters, he will still be a roadblock in the ww division for the next 5 years at least, which is scary.

HE is ONLY 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
"I don't think any of GSP's fights would have been different if vaselien was not allowed in the ring."

The key word there is think. We will never know though, will we? It makes it all the sadder that he probaly would have won anyway. So, the cheating was for naught but doubts and scandals.

How much his corner knew? They were only verbally warned the first time. The second time the redcoats came in to the ring and kicked the vaseline jar. Well, okay, maybe they didn't get it.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Crisco

GSP is the win
Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

What about THIS from Sherdog. See how yukki :Penn can be to people who have trained with him and going to the media afterwards...I think I said Penn would be like that.

Penn, who’s been nursing his wounds since his four-round loss to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 94 on Jan. 31, expressed surprise that Florian planned to train with the French Canadian fighter, claiming that Florian had previously contacted Penn to warn him of St. Pierre’s proclivity to “grease up” before fights.

Penn dropped the bombshell statement during his first sit-down video interview since UFC 94 on BJPenn.com.

“That is kind of surprising to me because Kenny is actually the guy who tipped us off that GSP was going to be greasing,” said Penn. “He actually e-mailed me and tipped me off.”

Florian, who once trained with the popular Hawaiian fighter in his homeland, seemed flabbergasted by Penn’s assertion.

“I’ve never emailed a fighter about anything like that. I don’t even have B.J. Penn’s email,” a puzzled Florian told Sherdog.com on Tuesday. “I’d love to see that email. I would say print that email and show it to everybody. Where’s this mystery email?”

Florian, 32, also dispelled any possibility that the two had exchanged the alleged information by other means.

“I haven’t spoken to B.J. -- besides ‘hello’ -- since January of 2007,” he said. “I’ve never trained with [St. Pierre] in the past. I have no motive in saying that. Even if I knew, would I say that? I know of other fighters who have [greased] and I don’t say anything to anybody.”

Florian suggested that Penn “feels threatened” by the fighter’s intentions to train with St. Pierre, and described the Hawaiian’s comments as “a mind game.” Florian hopes to join the multi-talented 170-pound king in Montreal sometime in March.